Page 190 of 242 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,800 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    Oh look. Another CBD business closing..............Yeah well the government gave you what you wanted.

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/s...closure/?cs=12
    yeah no doubt the light rail caused big issues there.
    (my mate owns a business in the same area so ive been hearing his stories for years).

another big factor is the slump in the housing market in Newcastle. A huge amount of scheduled work has been delayed or abandoned on residential buildings in the CBD over the past 2 years. Some genius thought putting up tower after tower of pretty low grade dog boxes and charging top dollar for them was going to work.

this was supposed to bring people into the city centre and revitalise the local businesses. council and state govt were shocking in their planning letting all the DA's go at once.

thats ok, our new 5 star hotel will solve everything. imagine paying good money to stay in the damn council building.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    i had a look at the internets and it looks like Dunster parked his car right in between 2 'things'.

The first, as pv4 said, was about an actor wanting to be doing acting things.

The other is the Bond thing. It looks like the white Bond has 'retired' (cue several Danny Glover 'im too old for this shit' gifs).
    In his absence, a new agent has been given the moniker 007. This new agent happens to be female and black.
    But no, she isnt playing 'Bond' she just has Bonds serial number.
    Sure as shit though she'll be smoking hot and white Bond will shag her.

thats a win/win, Daniel Craig is a hunky looking man.
    Lashana Lynch is the other name being thrown around. Is that the one you are referring too here ?

This latest Trump stuff is why i enjoy his presidency, and routinely marvel as to whether he is the smartest politician ever to have lived, or a raving idiot who always, ALWAYS lands on his feet.

By him attacking the 4 rouge Democrats, hes completely hijacked the nomination process, and started everyone thinking that these 4 are the actual heads of the Democrats.
    Everyone is out there thinking, "we cant have these lunatics in charge, I aint voting Democrat". The republicans have just as many unelectable weirdos on their side, but they always seem to be able to reside under the surface where they dont do too much damage to the party.

This poor AOC lady has no ****ing idea who shes picked a fight with. Hes way too smart for her, not that she helps herself at all. She should be the future of the party, but you can also see her political career end in tatters before shes even qualified to run for President.

Also, whether the tweets were 'racist' or not, you are allowed to criticise people of colour and ethnicity. The problem is that everyone has descended this conversation into a "racist/not racist" argument when the real question should have been are these tweets appropriate toward a fellow elected official.

the boy has cried wolf too many times and its worn thin. Democrats are fighting a losing battle here. Again, they should go back to policy and attack him there, but nope, the ego of 'winning' the twitter fight has derailed them all.

You know the racist tweet was to divert attention away from Trumpfs links to Epstein's "Lolita Express", i.e. a big group of rich people ****ing child prostitutes.. was released almost exactly when the links to Trump were made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Lashana Lynch is the other name being thrown around. Is that the one you are referring too here ?
    Yeah, she's supposedly got the role as of right now. Idris Elba turned it down do they decided to go down the same path and open the role up anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    You know the racist tweet was to divert attention away from Trumpfs links to Epstein's "Lolita Express", i.e. a big group of rich people ****ing child prostitutes.. was released almost exactly when the links to Trump were made.
    oh man, you know ain't nothing coming of this. the first bloke up against the wall if this ever blows up is Bill Clinton, and even the Dems aren't giving him up in order to get to Trump.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

oh man, you know ain't nothing coming of this. the first bloke up against the wall if this ever blows up is Bill Clinton, and even the Dems aren't giving him up in order to get to Trump.

Banned
    This latest Trump stuff is why i enjoy his presidency, and routinely marvel as to whether he is the smartest politician ever to have lived, or a raving idiot who always, ALWAYS lands on his feet.

By him attacking the 4 rouge Democrats, hes completely hijacked the nomination process, and started everyone thinking that these 4 are the actual heads of the Democrats.
    Everyone is out there thinking, "we cant have these lunatics in charge, I aint voting Democrat". The republicans have just as many unelectable weirdos on their side, but they always seem to be able to reside under the surface where they dont do too much damage to the party.

This poor AOC lady has no ****ing idea who shes picked a fight with. Hes way too smart for her, not that she helps herself at all. She should be the future of the party, but you can also see her political career end in tatters before shes even qualified to run for President.

Also, whether the tweets were 'racist' or not, you are allowed to criticise people of colour and ethnicity. The problem is that everyone has descended this conversation into a "racist/not racist" argument when the real question should have been are these tweets appropriate toward a fellow elected official.

the boy has cried wolf too many times and its worn thin. Democrats are fighting a losing battle here. Again, they should go back to policy and attack him there, but nope, the ego of 'winning' the twitter fight has derailed them all.
    Future of the party??

FMD

She is what happens when you elect the woke left

As soon as they open their mouths they are bound to say something stupid and she doesn't disappoint

Wouldn't surprise me at all if she was a planted official for the Republican party

Her and the Muslim Senator Ilhan Omar are between them doing a better job of getting Republican party reelected for the next 50 years than any one on the conservative side has done in the last 100

It is really what is always bound to happen with leftists
    Their policies are all about their feelings
    And when policies are about feelings then logic goes out the window and you look stupid

Future of the party??

FMD
    They are absolutely the future of the party.
    You said it yourself, they run policy based on feelgood, and politicians in general are that spineless that in public they just agree with the loonies then grant them power because if you dont you're automatically racist/homophobic/elitist etc.

It happened with the Labor party in both Britain and Australia, and will happen to the US version of it.

Problem is, the general public will nod along with all the social feelgood to make themselves look like they care, but as soon as they get the advantage of the anonymity of the ballot box, they go back to self interest.

aint no one giving up their hard earned for refugees or climate change. get the **** outta here.
    Morrison just proved that.

Dems are on a bad bad trajectory here.
    Seems like I am WRONG

You said it yourself, they run policy based on feelgood, and politicians in general are that spineless that in public they just agree with the loonies then grant them power because if you dont you're automatically racist/homophobic/elitist etc.

It happened with the Labor party in both Britain and Australia, and will happen to the US version of it.

Problem is, the general public will nod along with all the social feelgood to make themselves look like they care, but as soon as they get the advantage of the anonymity of the ballot box, they go back to self interest.

aint no one giving up their hard earned for refugees or climate change. get the **** outta here.

Can't wait until the Libs go to an election offering to scrap income tax. More money in everyone's pockets. Seems like the logical end game.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Can't wait until the Libs go to an election offering to scrap income tax. More money in everyone's pockets. Seems like the logical end game.
    Most people would have been better off without the tax cuts. But trying to explain comparative advantage, absolute advantage, and basic macro economics to the Australian public is essentially impossible.

The amount of bad information out there from the right and the left is rather overwhelming. Wikipedia as an example is the new Encyclopedia Britannica - neither of which anyone interested in facts would piss on.

People don't realise it but a lot of their economic / political knowledge comes from watching TV Dramas. I'm not sure if it's intentional or not - but there appears to be a strong neo-liberal flavour about a lot of the information portrayed as "factual" on so called "entertainment" or "drama" programs.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 19-07-2019 at 11:17 AM.

Future of the party??

Wouldn't surprise me at all if she was a planted official for the Republican party
    I thought the same thing about Shorten.

thats exactly what just happened yeah?
    Libs focused on how much money Labor gonna take from you*, Shorten told you all the cool and good things he was gonna spend it on.

Voters chose themselves.
    Libs would love it if that was the playbook every cycle, they'd walk it in.

*essentially
    Seems like I am WRONG

I thought the same thing about Shorten.
    payback for Labor planting Turnbull in the Libs i guess.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned

But you are under the impression that this left wing ideology will triumph

I don't see it that way

Labor Parties in UK and Oz Democrats in US are about to see an eternal winter of gloom

Their stupidity hooking their wagons to leftist ideology

The world is wakening up to their tricks

You want to see how out of touch the ALP is then look at their stance with Folau. If this is a straight up employment contract issue then the ALP with their union ties should be all over this issue as it is an alleged core principle with which the ALP were founded on
    Instead we have crickets from them as they have hitched their wagon to the rainbow nazi wagon instead

Conservatives will keep winning because they are at least true to their actual identity

Conservatives will keep winning because they are at least true to their actual identity
    And because people generally get the governments they deserve.
    People today whether they admit it or not are mostly ruthless self-maximising rent seeking bastards.

But you are under the impression that this left wing ideology will triumph
    im talking about within their own party.

i just explained that the general public aint buying it.
    Seems like I am WRONG

People today whether they admit it or not are mostly ruthless self-maximising rent seeking bastards.
    you make this sound like its a bad thing?
    Seems like I am WRONG

thats exactly what just happened yeah?
    Libs focused on how much money Labor gonna take from you*, Shorten told you all the cool and good things he was gonna spend it on.

Voters chose themselves.
    Libs would love it if that was the playbook every cycle, they'd walk it in.

*essentially
    You misunderstand me. I don't mean give a slight reduction in income tax. I mean scrap it. Why bother having it at all? Everyone will have loads of money. It'll be great.

You misunderstand me.
    nah. i knew where you were going.
    I just didnt want to go there with you.
    Seems like I am WRONG

You misunderstand me. I don't mean give a slight reduction in income tax. I mean scrap it. Why bother having it at all? Everyone will have loads of money. It'll be great.
    The $AUD and income tax arrangements are linked. Without the $AUS governments can't transfer goods and services between the private and public sphere - and without income taxes you cannot create demand / force people to use that currency.

Another currency would need to be adopted much like in tax free havens where they tend to use the same currency as their major trading partners [Euro, $US, and so on].

Once that happens the government of the day basically loses its sovereignty and becomes a lap dog for who ever controls the currency they adopted.