Page 210 of 242 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,200 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    The problem is that nobody likes to give and everyone likes to take
    your whole manifesto up there is pretty much about taking shit off people.
    whats to say they deserve to get it taken off them?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

It's up to the property owner to decide who ultimately rents. They simply have a limit to what they can charge.
    so poor people wont get a place at all. because someone is always gonna have more than the other guy to rent the joint. whats the motivator for the landlord to take less money and give it to a poor person?
    this policy does not work the way you intend it to.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    your whole manifesto up there is pretty much about taking shit off people.
    whats to say they deserve to get it taken off them?
    It's full of compromise. You will notice that even the poor have to contribute to the social welfare insurance. The labour pool in mining can easily be transferred to manufacturing and transportation..............

Let's look at it another way. A standard two adult, two kid family irrespective of whether they live in Windale or Rankin Park would in general terms have very similar cost of living expenses excluding housing. The same car rego, same light bills, same phone bills, same fuel bills. The difference is actually quite small. Yet because of income levels the rich as a proportion of income spend less.

What ideas like my manifesto float is to equalise the cost of living without preventing people from moving up and ensuring fairness.

so poor people wont get a place at all. because someone is always gonna have more than the other guy to rent the joint. whats the motivator for the landlord to take less money and give it to a poor person?
    this policy does not work the way you intend it to.
    Who wants to move to Windale or Hamo South?

Who wants to move to Windale or Hamo South?
    i dunno, why wouldnt people want to live there?
    Seems like I am WRONG

The labour pool in mining can easily be transferred to manufacturing and transportation..............
    yeah this here is some absolute codswallop.
    this whole "yeah finish one job on friday start your new one monday" is some bullshit that keeps getting peddled.

im not sure you know the % of 'unskilled' labour up in the mines and to just say 'oh yeah dumptruck driver on $120k+ theres a job for you at the windmill on the same cash with no down period' is crap and you all know it.

meanwhile dumptruck driver still getting that mortgage hit every month, and his kids gotta eat every day. but yeah, im sure him and all the other TA's up there are cool cool with all the uncertainty of whether they have any sort of future based on the whim of Politicians eager to get in that photo with Greta.

legit nonsense.
    Seems like I am WRONG

yeah this here is some absolute codswallop.
    this whole "yeah finish one job on friday start your new one monday" is some bullshit that keeps getting peddled.

im not sure you know the % of 'unskilled' labour up in the mines and to just say 'oh yeah dumptruck driver on $120k+ theres a job for you at the windmill on the same cash with no down period' is crap and you all know it.

meanwhile dumptruck driver still getting that mortgage hit every month, and his kids gotta eat every day. but yeah, im sure him and all the other TA's up there are cool cool with all the uncertainty of whether they have any sort of future based on the whim of Politicians eager to get in that photo with Greta.

legit nonsense.
    No it's not. A dump truck driver can easily be transferred over into road truck driving. Providing we make our own renewables you still need drivers. You still need unskilled labour in manufacturing. You still need the unskilled labour to work on the rail renewal.

Banned
    Skirt Boys version of capitalism looks awfully communist in appearance

Forcing people to accept lower than market value for providing of goods and services ain't gonna wash for anyone

Just as being told where you can live won't wash

Imagine being told to live in Woy Woy or Gosford ??

The problem with you communist sympathisers wanting to put your utopian dream on the rest of us is that you can currently go live in China or Nth Korea and live your dream now

Why don't you??

No it's not. A dump truck driver can easily be transferred over into road truck driving.
    again, nonsense.
    road drivers earn about 1/2 what the guys in the mines do.
    plus with an oversupply in the market why would any wages increase due to demand for drivers.So does the govt now subsidise wages? awesome, more middle class welfare. making renewables even more costly. exactly what you want.

its a lovely concept in theory but it just wont work. and this is where the argument always falls down, and why getting idiots like teenagers and bartenders to be your spokespeople is foolish.
    its equivalent to just telling people "she'll be right mate" and no one wants to hear that about their livelihood.
    no one.
    Seems like I am WRONG

again, nonsense.
    road drivers earn about 1/2 what the guys in the mines do.
    plus with an oversupply in the market why would any wages increase due to demand for drivers.So does the govt now subsidise wages? awesome, more middle class welfare. making renewables even more costly. exactly what you want.

its a lovely concept in theory but it just wont work. and this is where the argument always falls down, and why getting idiots like teenagers and bartenders to be your spokespeople is foolish.
    its equivalent to just telling people "she'll be right mate" and no one wants to hear that about their livelihood.
    no one.
    Mining has always been boom and bust and people need to realise that. It's kinda stupid living the life of a person earning 120k a year when in 5 years you will be earning the average wage like the rest of society.

Mining has always been boom and bust and people need to realise that. It's kinda stupid living the life of a person earning 120k a year when in 5 years you will be earning the average wage like the rest of society.
    Theres enough coal to last 100 years under current rates. Why would something think the industry has only 5 years left?

even as 'we' move away from it, they are still gonna export it to other countries.
    you guys love telling other people how to spend their money. if hes on $120k and has a house and a couple of kids you'd be shocked to learn how little that kind of cheque covers.

why you want everyone else to be miserable just because y'all are?
    Seems like I am WRONG

Theres enough coal to last 100 years under current rates. Why would something think the industry has only 5 years left?
    Climate change...........................

I could add so much more but Messrs Memba and Plague are doing my talking for me.

i mean, they set off not one but two ****ing nukes about 75 years ago and we all still out here going "you know what, those things are bad we should get rid of them".

legit, China Japan and India are building coal fired stations at a cracking pace. you think they are planning on shutting them down in 5, 10 or 20 years?

nah. we gonna be selling that black death for many many years to come.

oh wait, sorry forgot AOC said the world will end in 12 anyway. no need to stress, lets just party and hope the Jets get another Prem between now and Doomsday.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    I could add so much more but Messrs Memba and Plague are doing my talking for me.
    please dont group me and the Member together.
    the only thing we agree on is the winner in the Messi v Ronaldo debate (and we are both right).

hes on his own island for the rest of it.
    Seems like I am WRONG

even as 'we' move away from it, they are still gonna export it to other countries.
    you guys love telling other people how to spend their money. if hes on $120k and has a house and a couple of kids you'd be shocked to learn how little that kind of cheque covers.

why you want everyone else to be miserable just because y'all are?
    No one wants to build new coal fired power plants other than a select few nations, so once the current plants shut down who's gonna buy it? The boom is done. Investors are staying away from it, it's only the government trying to keep the dream going cause they don't want to the stress of revolutionising our economy without it.

I used to work for a fabrication shop that probably made 80% of its money working on mining equipment but within 5 years us, and another 10 or so similar shops, either shut down or had to diversify. The coal beast is shrinking faster than you can imagine.

And the guy on $120k a year knows full well that he's not going to have that cheque long, if he doesn't get skilled up to find a new job then that's on him/her. Plus they will have decent welfare to fall back on in SBs world so don't worry too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    But that's simply not true. You don't get paid based on how much work you do, which is what you are trying to claim is how the system works.

Nowadays the main factors that determine what you get paid are outside of your control. (Country of birth, parents wealth, timing, availability of opportunities, etc).

And again, you talk about handouts but fail to recognise things like the $498 billion bailout from the 2008 recession. How does that compare to welfare payments??

Capitalism is a terrible system that only benefits a certain few. Unfortunately though, we don't have an alternative. So we are all screwed.
    No I ain't claiming that you get paid according to how much work you do

I am saying that you are successful when you work hard. That is a common theme in life for successful people

They actually work hard

Messi don't just rock up and kick a ball about on the weekend.
    Tiger don't just stroll onto the first tee and shoot in the 60s

These guys work their arses off away from competition to be as successful as they are

Talent only gets them so far

Same as all that other crap you offered up
    It only gets you so far

It what you do that determines whether you are successful or not

No I ain't claiming that you get paid according to how much work you do

I am saying that you are successful when you work hard. That is a common theme in life for successful people

They actually work hard

Messi don't just rock up and kick a ball about on the weekend.
    Tiger don't just stroll onto the first tee and shoot in the 60s

These guys work their arses off away from competition to be as successful as they are

Talent only gets them so far

Same as all that other crap you offered up
    It only gets you so far

It what you do that determines whether you are successful or not
    So working hard = success?

Cause that's an absolute load of BS. You show me 1 example of it and I can show a million other than don't.

There is absolutely no proof that working hard will guarantee you success, there's also little proof that successful people have worked hard. Most of them are just lucky enough to be born into the right family.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned
    Despite being a communist sympathiser I do actually believe that capitalism works. But it needs to be highly regulated.

Some things that would bring fairness to the system.

1. Minimum wage based around the idea that a single person can afford a basic apartment, transportation and basic entertainment.

2. Rental controls based on the idea that rent is capped to 30% of a person's income. Rich people will still rent in rich suburbs, poor in poor suburbs. But what it does do is equalise rental costs to income.

3. Unemployed rate set at a level as a fixed percentage of the minimum wage.

4. Social Welfare insurance levy of 1% for workers and 5% for corporate entities. Setup similar to superannuation. After 12 months of continuous employment a person can receive up to 75% of the income of the last job and this decreases over time to the base unemployment rate.

5. Remove the medicare safety net and abolish gap payments and scrap private health insurance. Dental and optical to be fully covered by Medicare.

6. 100% free education. Entry to university to be purely by merit with allowances for disadvantage.

7. Remove tax concessions for entities with a gross revenue of a certain amount adjusted to inflation.

8. Introduce taxation to religious organisations.

9. Government to take over all charitable services with such services funded by the taxation of religion and the removal of aid grants to organisations who provide such services.

10. Baby/Education bonus. A lump sum is deposited into a special account similar to superannuation up on the birth of a child. Provided the child finishes school and gains qualifications (degree, trade) or full time employment for 5 years after finishing education. They have their house deposit.

11. Complete phasing out of fossil fuels for electricity generation and the cessation of export. National company established to mine, manufacture and sell renewable energy.

12. Renewal of the rail network.

13. Limit the size of trucks

14. Disability pension and aged pension to be set at the rate of minimum wage

15. Introduce proportional representation into parliament and double the size of members in the house of reps.
    I could sit here and tear most of this socialist dream apart piece by piece

But let's just focus on 6 and 15

Why exactly are you suggesting initiatives that will institutionalise racism and sexism ??

Considering the left are all for Equal Opportunity and all that BS .....

Why exactly are you wanting to force weaker candidates into education opportunities over others who achieved better on merit and you do so based on their alleged victim status levels and secondly why do you wish to force quotas in parliament where you are trying to put token candidates in their based on their sex or race??
    If they are good enough they get voted in the first place. There is a perfectly good reason why there is a small supply of women in parliament. The public does not vote based on whether the candidates have a vagina or not. They actually vote on who they think is the better candidate

Here is a giant problem with your stance you are actually trying to force ideas into practice that are sexist and racist in nature all the while failing to accept a merit based system

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    So working hard = success?

Cause that's an absolute load of BS. You show me 1 example of it and I can show a million other than don't.

There is absolutely no proof that working hard will guarantee you success, there's also little proof that successful people have worked hard. Most of them are just lucky enough to be born into the right family.
    There are only a few guarantees in life
    Just being born into the right family isn't one.

Everyone has opportunities and challenges

You though seem to be focused on the rich as you seem to envy and be jealous of them

There is only one man on the planet that I am envious of and if you are that worried about what others have and have not then that says more about you and your failings as a human