Page 201 of 242 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,020 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Anyone's thoughts on Trump Jr tweeting the name of the whistleblower?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Science doesn't have a definitive answer on when life begins. So, you're not wrong but you aren't right either.

But being brought into a world of pain and suffering could be worse than never being born at all. Gotta have some perspective there buddy.
    Don't want to bring things down, but my wife and I held and then buried our daughter who was stillborn at 22 weeks. Legally we were told you had to have a funeral beyond 20 weeks term and they are considered to have been a "person". We also have a plot to visit. Tricky ground.

Banned
    ROFL. I know you like some good old fashioned mental gymnastics, but this is some gold medal shit right here.
    Don't really need to do anything here with you

Your argument is weak and based on avoiding responsibility so I don't need to do much mental gymnastics with you

That fine

You can feel that wayall you want

Just bizarre that you think killing kids is an ok thing

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Fact is life is created the moment the egg and sperm meet as a new cell is created
    Life begins when you accept our Lord and saviour Griff into your life and giveth yourself unto Him.
    Everything else is just 'existing'.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Just bizarre that you think killing kids is an ok thing
    Mental gymnastics again. Too bad your real body isn't as flexible as your morals.

I'm done arguing with you on the subject. This has just turned into name calling.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Fact is life is created the moment the egg and sperm meet as a new cell is created

That is science for you
    If you want science to give facts on life, why wait until an egg and sperm meet to define life? A sperm is a single-cell organism and as alive as any other cells in a male (or female) body. By your interpretation is every sperm that does not fertilise an egg a wasted life?

Or are you saying there must be two things to create life? If that is the case I'm honestly going to need helping interpreting your good book, starting with chapter one.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Life begins when you accept our Lord and saviour Griff into your life and giveth yourself unto Him.
    Amen
    OK

Anyone's thoughts on Trump Jr tweeting the name of the whistleblower?
    along with everything else in this bitch ass cancel culture era, it was a shitty thing to do, but not illegal so what can be done?
    The article he retweeted (containing the whistleblowers name) had been up online for more than a week and had (apparently) already been reported on by the press. If anyone 'wanted' to know the WB's name, it was out there well before that shithead Junior stuck his beak in amongst it.

it does raise a pretty legit question though. For something as serious as potentially removing a President from office, should all names/identities be out there? Should the key witnesses be able to be cross examined as part of the hearings? For some that is a simple due process and the cornerstone of the legal system.

But does putting innocent whistleblowers out in the open prevent people from coming forward in the event of similar indiscretions in the future?

Also, learned today that Monica Lewinsky actually lied under oath about her affair with Clinton, and it was only after she got caught out by one of her friends wearing a wire (****ing snitch) that she did an immunity deal with the investigator and gave a sworn statement. i dont think she was cross examined.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Devoting oneself to a deity has caused my bloodshed and human misery than any other ideology known to man.

Religion and or a belief in a diety provides justification to bring harm to your fellow man without taking responsibility for your actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    Devoting oneself to a deity has caused my bloodshed and human misery than any other ideology known to man.

Religion and or a belief in a diety provides justification to bring harm to your fellow man without taking responsibility for your actions.
    pfffft, as if goals just go in the ****ing net without divine intervention.

so many heathens on this platform.

REPENT, in the name of the Lord, and thy name is GRIFF.

Hail Griff.

GRIFF!!!!
    Seems like I am WRONG

pfffft, as if goals just go in the ****ing net without divine intervention.

so many heathens on this platform.

REPENT, in the name of the Lord, and thy name is GRIFF.

Hail Griff.

GRIFF!!!!

I can honestly state that none of the goals I've scored were as a result of an almighty power other than my right boot and occasional hand.

Also what if I don't repent? am I going to lose my head, put on the rack, burned at the stake, buried alive with honey poured on my face, castrated........................

along with everything else in this bitch ass cancel culture era, it was a shitty thing to do, but not illegal so what can be done?
    The article he retweeted (containing the whistleblowers name) had been up online for more than a week and had (apparently) already been reported on by the press. If anyone 'wanted' to know the WB's name, it was out there well before that shithead Junior stuck his beak in amongst it.

it does raise a pretty legit question though. For something as serious as potentially removing a President from office, should all names/identities be out there? Should the key witnesses be able to be cross examined as part of the hearings? For some that is a simple due process and the cornerstone of the legal system.

But does putting innocent whistleblowers out in the open prevent people from coming forward in the event of similar indiscretions in the future?

Also, learned today that Monica Lewinsky actually lied under oath about her affair with Clinton, and it was only after she got caught out by one of her friends wearing a wire (****ing snitch) that she did an immunity deal with the investigator and gave a sworn statement. i dont think she was cross examined.
    If the person Trump Jr comes named into harms way it wouldn't be difficult to link it to the tweet providing his identity.
    From there, I'd say Trump Jr would be in a whole world of shit.

LInda Tripp illegally taped a conversation with a fellow staffer [Lewinsky]. They were not friends.
    Tripp gained immunity for handing the tapes to authorities.
    Did you know she was part of the Bush Administration staff and Clinton let her and others keep their jobs when he became president.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 08-11-2019 at 05:20 AM.

Just to be clear also, Trumpf Jr isn't going to get pinned with anything as he's like the 100th person to tweet the identity. It was known for weeks who the guy was.

But it screams of insecurity from the Trumpf team that they want to tarnish the guys name in the public, even though the whistleblower is now not a problem. Republicans have already agreed with his statements and admitted to all the things that he said. Their argument is now that it's not illegal to do what they did rather than did they actually do it.

Trumpf Jr just thinks he's out here playing 4D chess when it reality he's playing Uno with Jenga pieces and Lego.

Further to the release of the Epstein story video.
    It looks like ABC found out who leaked the video, it was an ex-employee who is now working for a rival (CBS). Well now she has been fired by CBS on what looks like snitching from ABC.
    This certainly isnt a good look for anyone involved here and if its as simple as that, you can see a lawsuit coming.

Its also yet more fodder for the Trump camp to spew the 'cant trust the media' angle. They surely cant be this silly to behave like that when they know they on notice.

Which brings me to another point regarding the 'cant trust the media' angle. Now I know its an American thing, but i find it interesting that people are up in arms about Trump calling the media the enemy of the people, yet we have a very prominent former PM over here, and now a very prominent former opposition leader (who lost a federal election) who are saying exactly the same thing. They are openly saying the media was to blame for their downfall and that the media lies and plays favourites.

Yet because its the Murdoch press its seen as a legitimate gripe.

Now, before you start up. I believe the Murdoch press to be one sided, i also believe ABC (aust) and the Guardian to lean one way. But it seems only one side is 'fair and balanced' in the eyes of many.

its like Australia is ok with accepting that 'some' of the media is the enemy of the people.

weird that.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Just to be clear also, Trumpf Jr isn't going to get pinned with anything as he's like the 100th person to tweet the identity. It was known for weeks who the guy was.
    oh cmon, even you've gotta admit Don Jnr skewering Joy Behar on her own TV show yesterday was great.
    Its more concerning the further this goes that this bloke is gonna shoe horn his way into the 2024 race.

it will be hilarious, as he doesnt have any of the clout of his old man, but he sure thinks he does.
    Seems like I am WRONG

oh cmon, even you've gotta admit Don Jnr skewering Joy Behar on her own TV show yesterday was great.
    Its more concerning the further this goes that this bloke is gonna shoe horn his way into the 2024 race.

it will be hilarious, as he doesnt have any of the clout of his old man, but he sure thinks he does.
    Many said the same thing about Donald Trump with respect to his father.
    I wouldn't underestimate Jnr. He's a chip off the old block only better educated.

Out of interest Plague have you recently retired ? You seem to have almost as much free time as I do.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 08-11-2019 at 12:44 PM.

Now, before you start up. I believe the Murdoch press to be one sided, i also believe ABC (aust) and the Guardian to lean one way. But it seems only one side is 'fair and balanced' in the eyes of many.

its like Australia is ok with accepting that 'some' of the media is the enemy of the people.

weird that.
    Personally, I think they do each lean to their respective sides. I just think one side leans way further and has no interest in bothering to attempt to remain somewhat neutral.

The more left leaning agencies (depending on the writers etc) probably go too far their way too, although still much less than others.
    I think some of it comes down to the echo chamber / social media type environment we exist in where people are generally super happy to hear whatever they believe over and over. And thus are happy to keep consuming the same strand of content. Almost like choosing what show to watch on Netflix. And I'm not immune to that either. But I try to take a step back every now and then and look at stuff objectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Personally, I think they do each lean to their respective sides. I just think one side leans way further and has no interest in bothering to attempt to remain somewhat neutral.

The more left leaning agencies (depending on the writers etc) probably go too far their way too, although still much less than others.
    I think some of it comes down to the echo chamber / social media type environment we exist in where people are generally super happy to hear whatever they believe over and over. And thus are happy to keep consuming the same strand of content. Almost like choosing what show to watch on Netflix. And I'm not immune to that either. But I try to take a step back every now and then and look at stuff objectively.
    There's only two sides. Rich and Poor. Can't recall any poor people reading the news or owning a Tv station or Newspaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I just think one side leans way further and has no interest in bothering to attempt to remain somewhat neutral.
    and this is my point. You, as a private citizen, have a distrust of a certain section of the media. id be shocked if the overwhelming majority of the population didnt have a similar issue with their own certain section of the media.

Its just when an elected official who seems to have plenty of evidence says the same thing its seen as a hangable offence.

its also another example of Trump positioning himself as relatable to the 'common man'. "SEE I HAVE PARANOIA TOO!!!!!"
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Out of interest Plague have you recently retired ? You seem to have almost as much free time as I do.
    nah man, im only required when the well oiled machine breaks down. everything running on all cylinders at the moment so as all good bosses do, i have my staff doing the work while i sit around and watch tv/play golf etc.
    Seems like I am WRONG