Page 205 of 236 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,100 of 4714

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

  1. #4081
    Senior Member Jetmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Merewether
    Posts
    5,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    Correct. Some chosen minorities will suffer from hysterical outrage than stupidly and incorrectly label you a racist if you disagree with opinions.

    I think many are finally onto this now. ABC and SBS are part of this social cancer
    The general media do not understand the true definition of "equality" either.

  2. #4082
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,266
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    My concern here is with the 32% of soft cocks who believe they are feminists.
    Interesting that only 18% of women agree / think that males are not feminist [Or have I read this incorrectly?]
    These are the men who will do anything for some pussy

  3. #4083
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    Correct. Some chosen minorities will suffer from hysterical outrage than stupidly and incorrectly label you a racist if you disagree with opinions.

    I think many are finally onto this now. ABC and SBS are part of this social cancer
    You don't say

    Both the ABC and SBS have been over run by leftists so much that they don't even seem to care about being balanced

    Q&A these days is just propaganda

  4. #4084
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,872
    geez louise for something called a 'settlement', it certainly seems like Rugby Australia bent over and got the stick shoved straight up its rear end.

    The only thing i can see that maybe went in their favour was Folau didnt get much money at all. But it certainly seemed that money wasnt the biggest issue for Folau.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

  5. #4085
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,266
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    geez louise for something called a 'settlement', it certainly seems like Rugby Australia bent over and got the stick shoved straight up its rear end.

    The only thing i can see that maybe went in their favour was Folau didnt get much money at all. But it certainly seemed that money wasnt the biggest issue for Folau.
    The fact that there was a settlement says that Rugby ****s were in the wrong

  6. #4086
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,874
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    geez louise for something called a 'settlement', it certainly seems like Rugby Australia bent over and got the stick shoved straight up its rear end.

    The only thing i can see that maybe went in their favour was Folau didnt get much money at all. But it certainly seemed that money wasnt the biggest issue for Folau.
    Didn't they pay him a pittance but had to apologize for any hurt caused to his brand. Cause that's a win for RA as far as I can see. If they don't have to pay his contract out then they've won.

    He's only got his GoFundMe wage to live off after this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  7. #4087
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Weimar Germany
    Posts
    924
    This is some crazy Nazi shit going on in Canberra.

    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-...trial/11764676

  8. #4088
    aka WLG pv4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,350
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    The fact that there was a settlement says that Rugby ****s were in the wrong
    The fact there was a settlement could say one of a thousand things.

    Parting with a small amount of cash to save future hassle, distraction, money invested into court cases is a tiny trade-off in the grand scheme. Sometimes you need to pay to have your problems go away, even if you shouldn't need to.

    Folau settling if anything says to me he knew his case wouldn't go the distance. At the end of the day, Folau has officially withdrawn his appeal. Using your own logic in regards to the Olyroos case mere weeks ago, the lady in question withdrew her complaint so you yourself even stated that she needs to be held accountable for her actions and that there was nothing wrong done by the players in question as officially there is/was no complaint at all. Folau withdrawing his appeal, by your logic, says that there was nothing to appeal and RA did nothing wrong and Folau should be held accountable for the absolute shitstorm he has created which has genuinely crippled the entire Rugby brand in Australia. Or do we flip this logic and the fact the Olyroos complaint being withdrawn proves the 4 players were in the wrong? This is one of those cases I struggle to find consistency in your arguments again, MFKFC.

    At the end of all of this, RA are going to absolutely tighten up their contracts etc so hate-speech can't be tolerated in future without a doubt. And Folau becomes irrelevant. They are the two certainties here.
    OK

  9. #4089
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Didn't they pay him a pittance but had to apologize for any hurt caused to his brand. Cause that's a win for RA as far as I can see. If they don't have to pay his contract out then they've won.

    He's only got his GoFundMe wage to live off after this...
    general consensus was that he got all his outstanding contract money (between $4-5m). That money he was always gonna get because RA didnt have a case for legally sacking him. The extra $10m in compensation and lost opportunities was always gonna be tough to prove because RA could always trot in sponsors etc to explain they wont support him because hes a bit of a bigot.

    He wanted his contract money and apology. he got both. the other stuff was just posturing.
    RA got out of it cheaper and saved a bit of face by not being proven to be in the wrong, and got that weird apology from Folau even though im sure hed already publicly done the 'sorry if youre offended'/not sorry apology.


    im no fan of his bullshit but its hard to see Folau as anything but the 'winner' in this.

    now, as for his future. you just know some team is gonna go after him, maybe not here but OS there are plenty of places that wouldnt care one bit about his social media nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

  10. #4090
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,872
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    At the end of all of this, RA are going to absolutely tighten up their contracts etc so hate-speech can't be tolerated in future without a doubt. And Folau becomes irrelevant. They are the two certainties here.
    applying Member logic to the Member is not a great idea. Plus its now a couple hours since his post so im sure hes done a full 180 and headed off in another direction.

    as someone pointed out, its gonna be fun seeing the public support for the first sportsperson to declare jihad on social media.
    its a wobbly old line thats now been drawn. good luck to everyone trying to navigate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

  11. #4091
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,874
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    general consensus was that he got all his outstanding contract money (between $4-5m). That money he was always gonna get because RA didnt have a case for legally sacking him. The extra $10m in compensation and lost opportunities was always gonna be tough to prove because RA could always trot in sponsors etc to explain they wont support him because hes a bit of a bigot.

    He wanted his contract money and apology. he got both. the other stuff was just posturing.
    RA got out of it cheaper and saved a bit of face by not being proven to be in the wrong, and got that weird apology from Folau even though im sure hed already publicly done the 'sorry if youre offended'/not sorry apology.


    im no fan of his bullshit but its hard to see Folau as anything but the 'winner' in this.

    now, as for his future. you just know some team is gonna go after him, maybe not here but OS there are plenty of places that wouldnt care one bit about his social media nonsense.
    Ok, I thought someone said they only paid him about $300k a year for the remainder of his contract length. 4 years or something? So $1.2 million.


    But even at $4 million, they got rid of something that was gonna hurt their brand. They'll learn a lesson and tighten up their contracts from now on.

    Also, he's only going to get a game over in the US or some European comp and be forgotten forever bar the odd meme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  12. #4092
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post

    But even at $4 million, they got rid of something that was gonna hurt their brand.
    absolutely, they were gonna pay that money anyway if he played or not, so they didnt really 'lose' anything there.

    And if im RA CEO right now im leaning on every single one of those 'woke' sponsors that threatened to walk away from them.
    id be making sure the like of QANTAS starting writing them cheques to cover some of these costs. Otherwise id be straight to the media sobbing about corporate australia not wanting to support the team that fought bigotry. and you just know Alan Joyce doesnt want to be 'that guy'.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

  13. #4093
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,266
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    The fact there was a settlement could say one of a thousand things.

    Parting with a small amount of cash to save future hassle, distraction, money invested into court cases is a tiny trade-off in the grand scheme. Sometimes you need to pay to have your problems go away, even if you shouldn't need to.

    Folau settling if anything says to me he knew his case wouldn't go the distance. At the end of the day, Folau has officially withdrawn his appeal. Using your own logic in regards to the Olyroos case mere weeks ago, the lady in question withdrew her complaint so you yourself even stated that she needs to be held accountable for her actions and that there was nothing wrong done by the players in question as officially there is/was no complaint at all. Folau withdrawing his appeal, by your logic, says that there was nothing to appeal and RA did nothing wrong and Folau should be held accountable for the absolute shitstorm he has created which has genuinely crippled the entire Rugby brand in Australia. Or do we flip this logic and the fact the Olyroos complaint being withdrawn proves the 4 players were in the wrong? This is one of those cases I struggle to find consistency in your arguments again, MFKFC.

    At the end of all of this, RA are going to absolutely tighten up their contracts etc so hate-speech can't be tolerated in future without a doubt. And Folau becomes irrelevant. They are the two certainties here.
    Rugby Australia are responsible for the shit storm they created

    Folau paraphrased my book


    So he ain't done a thing wrong at all and he is entitled to practice his religion

  14. #4094
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Rugby Australia are responsible for the shit storm they created

    Folau paraphrased my book


    So he ain't done a thing wrong at all and he is entitled to practice his religion
    And employers are entitled to choose their employees.

    Really don't see what the big deal is.

  15. #4095
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,565
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Rugby Australia are responsible for the shit storm they created

    Folau paraphrased my book


    So he ain't done a thing wrong at all and he is entitled to practice his religion
    Then he shouldn't of signed a contract saying agreeing that he couldn't post that kinda hate speech online

  16. #4096
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,874
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Then he shouldn't of signed a contract saying agreeing that he couldn't post that kinda hate speech online
    Supposedly that may have been removed from his new contract.

    But still, he clearly brought the game into disrepute, as would all religious people who post/say discriminatory things. I'd get sacked if I said the stuff that he did and my boss found out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  17. #4097
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    But still, he clearly brought the game into disrepute
    this is an interesting point.
    disrepute with whom? how do we determine the level at which he has 'damaged the brand'? there were clearly other players in the team who supported his beliefs. so where do they stand now? they can have those beliefs but not publicise them, can they vote no (or campaign to vote no) in the Marriage equality debate? can they say it but not use social media etc? its a weird place to try and police thats for sure.

    im not arguing your point, as i believe the guy is a dope and a bigot. but i wonder where the line is drawn for how many people need to be offended for something to be offensive.

    one thing is for sure, the Marriage equality vote a few years back at least gave people standing up to his behaviour a some data.

    because previous, the retort always was 'only 5% of Australians are gay so they dont matter' and 'the majority of Australians believe in a God of some sort so he is supporting the majority opinion'.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

  18. #4098
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    And employers are entitled to choose their employees.

    Really don't see what the big deal is.
    the big deal all along was Folau being legally allowed to do this under his playing contract apparently. they sacked him for a rule that didnt exist.
    so they really did 'choose' a bigot and employed him.

    once he had that contract then the law applied and RA were screwed.

    future contracts have been amended, but his wasnt. and that was his point all along.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

  19. #4099
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Didn't they pay him a pittance but had to apologize for any hurt caused to his brand. Cause that's a win for RA as far as I can see. If they don't have to pay his contract out then they've won.

    He's only got his GoFundMe wage to live off after this...
    Nah. Your leftard attitude is out on this one.

    RA stuffed it for siding with lgbti propaganda EG being hysterically offended when no others in the list were.

    Hey everyone here, you will go to hell if....Anyone suffering pstd except frodo?
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    people in general are that spineless that in public they just agree with the left loonies because if you dont you're automatically racist/homophobic/elitist etc.

  20. #4100
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,874
    Quote Originally Posted by traffic light View Post
    Nah. Your leftard attitude is out on this one.

    RA stuffed it for siding with lgbti propaganda EG being hysterically offended when no others in the list were.

    Hey everyone here, you will go to hell if....Anyone suffering pstd except frodo?
    I mean, if you're going to try and insult me at least use coherent sentences so I can understand what you're trying to say.

    I get the "Leftard" shot. Thats easy.

    What was the rest meant to say?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •