Page 214 of 242 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,280 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

I have never posted in this thread in the past but here goes.

I am no longer in the workforce ( retired ) however i spent half my time working on wages in a union and the other half on a salary sitting down every couple of years with my employer nutting out my remuneration package inc car and the like.

In all my time in the workforce it never ceased to amaze me to hear all the union haters go on and on and on sticking the boot in at every opportunity. These are the very same gooses who can't get there hand out quick enough to be afforded the same benefits that have been derived over the years through union involvement in employment agreements.

Pretty hypocritical to put the boot in then put the hand out.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Ah the unions bless 'em. For 30 years I was a fully paid up believer, loved being called "comrade" and was forever grateful that apparently they fought hard and won all my work conditions.

Then came the agreement period of LK, LJ and AWA....I think the LK is the "certified" agreement that the unions favour (could be the other way around).

I remember working in the government with one of the larger agencies during EBA time. Usual ambit claims from both sides and a final pay increase was offered as well as it being covered by an LK agreement (no union ascent needed). CPSU fought on all counts for a no vote and succeeded the first time. Dragged on for 12 months and in the end we won a smaller payrise, worked increased hours and lost a picnic day. Got a yes vote as everyone had a gutful. Why did that happen, because the CPSU wanted that LJ agreement, got it and abandoned trying to improve pay and gave away some conditions. They actually said that it was "as good as we will get". Now if that was an employer behaving like that.......

Then we found out active CPSU membership in our agency was 18%. Vocal minority wanting to dictate terms. I cancelled almost immediately and never went back, not long after I voted ALP for the last time.

Too much "I want what you have so give it to me".

Oh and re payscales, fill your boots....

https://www.payscale.com/research/AU...stralia/Salary
    And how much were you actually paying these bozos in your union dues to actually screw you over??

It scandalous how the leftists love adding levels of bueracracy so people get paid 6 figure salaries to dictate shit for others when the end results are actually worthless

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    In all my time in the workforce it never ceased to amaze me to hear all the union haters go on and on and on sticking the boot in at every opportunity. These are the very same gooses who can't get there hand out quick enough to be afforded the same benefits that have been derived over the years through union involvement in employment agreements.

Pretty hypocritical to put the boot in then put the hand out.
    this is a good point. i agree with it.

i also agree that if you dont want to join the union and go it alone you should be allowed to without repercussion.

the simple fact there are many many many unions who are never in the news should be a good enough guide to know that the majority of them do good work protecting the powerless. its also never sat well with me that people defend the ones that do illegal shit and are flatout shitcunce.
    i think when people are seen to be 'anti-union', they are really only anti one or two of them.
    i dont think theres any harm in going in hard on the shitcunce.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

i also agree that if you dont want to join the union and go it alone you should be allowed to without repercussion.

the simple fact there are many many many unions who are never in the news should be a good enough guide to know that the majority of them do good work protecting the powerless. its also never sat well with me that people defend the ones that do illegal shit and are flatout shitcunce.
    i think when people are seen to be 'anti-union', they are really only anti one or two of them.
    Absolutely just like most organisations there will be a minority of self serving self interested rats tarnish it for all and they will be the low hanging fruit the anti union brigade will always mention to make there point trying to insinuate the actions of a few are also the actions of many.

No sensible minded person paid up member or not can defend such types like Williamson, Thomson and Kath Jackson just too name a few. There is no defence for what people of that ilk do take the dues of hard working people and misappropriate the funds on there corporate cards on themselves. Shit like that is deplorable.

Nice diversion work but you ain't fooling anyone
    Jeez, that's rich coming from Miss Direction over here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I only know of 2 blokes out of the 45 that I work with that isn't the in the union ( 900+ workers in total where I work), so I assume that almost all of our workforce are in the union except for staff roles (team leaders, engineers, admin etc). We get looked after, our delegate even gets shiny awards for being union delegate of the year and stuff. I've never had to rely on them but I know of heaps of people here that have had their job saved by a delegate who knows our EA back to front and knows when someone is being screwed by management. I'll argue with anyone who don't think Unions help workers, cause they definitely do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Anyone that opposes trade unions opposes capitalism. It's that simple because the capitalist system is based on the competing claims for income by those who receive it from profits and those who receive it from wages.

Both groups need to exist and there needs to be genuine competition between them otherwise you end up with a plutocracy - and that's a very inefficient form of economic organisation.

ASX-listed AP Eagers revealed on Tuesday it had identified "anomalies" in its payroll system that resulted in a number of employees being improperly classified under an award and others being underpaid superannuation contributions and for overtime.
    https://www.smh.com.au/business/comp...17-p53kt5.html

How can you improperly classify somebody?

Unless the same guy who is incompetent is managing to get job after job in payroll...................

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    https://www.smh.com.au/business/comp...17-p53kt5.html

How can you improperly classify somebody?

Unless the same guy who is incompetent is managing to get job after job in payroll...................
    with 52 genders to start with i can def see how Madge in payroll can get em wrong every now and then.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

also, do the math. its about $2 per employee per week affected.
    if wage theft is their goal then these mother****ers are playing the longest of long games.

but of course, evil bastards etc etc
    Seems like I am WRONG

actually one ill def agree with you on was that bastard restaurant bloke from the telly.

that industry is as dodgy as it comes, and i have no doubt in my mind that he was running some straight up bullshit with his staff.

again, burn those bastards.
    Seems like I am WRONG

also, do the math. its about $2 per employee per week affected.
    if wage theft is their goal then these mother****ers are playing the longest of long games.

but of course, evil bastards etc etc
    ****ing oaf they are evil bastards. You don't short pay an employee $100. You short pay 100 employees $1

Think about this. Woolworths Group. Overall employees 200,000 people. 1/4 of the workforce gets shortchanged $1 each week. That's works out as $2,600,000 over the year. In addition to less money for employees. Managers are likely get bonuses for meeting targets. State governments will get less payroll tax...............................

It's basically business running elaborate bank account skimming.

Banned
    ****ing oaf they are evil bastards. You don't short pay an employee $100. You short pay 100 employees $1

Think about this. Woolworths Group. Overall employees 200,000 people. 1/4 of the workforce gets shortchanged $1 each week. That's works out as $2,600,000 over the year. In addition to less money for employees. Managers are likely get bonuses for meeting targets. State governments will get less payroll tax...............................

Yeah and that bad publicity they get when they get caught out is worth much more in harm than the 2.6 million you think they tried to fleece

If anything the dodgiest of businesses I have found are smallish in nature. The bigger ones tend to not be interested in the PR disaster that comes by trying to scam $1 or $2 off someone an hourlike you claim

On another note if you so worried about Woolies scamming people why are you silent on the scamming of customers??
    Those self serve check outs are costing them heaps through people not scanning or scanning wrong item , the giant exits which are unmanned they have now see more and more theft

So basically they are accepting that there is gonna be a loss here and are divorcing themselves of the responsibility of protecting their own assets from theft.

Then to balance they books they pass it on to the honest customers with increased prices

They be scamming more from that than your wage theft claim

but it was 3% of the workforce. not 25%.

also, i think in companies this size, who the hell benefits from 'wage skimming'.
    cause it cant be the payroll person.
    it cant be the store manager.
    it cant be the CEO.

and even if they could somehow make it financially viable, the second any of this gets out people snitch. so far no one has been fingered either getting this missing money or having set the scam in motion. for it to get from a higher up down to a payroll data person would have to go through so many hands it would be impossible for everyone to keep they mouths shut.

thats why i believe the restaurant bloke is trash. he gets that extra cash straight in his account. i dont buy it as much with so many levels of management.
    Seems like I am WRONG

actually one ill def agree with you on was that bastard restaurant bloke from the telly.
    This bloke ?

They are self reporting..........Business is doing the right thing
    OR

They are self reporting because so many have begun to be found out. What is it?

https://www.news.com.au/finance/busi...ent=SocialFlow

And this is another thing about big business.

If I were to sell what I produce to say Cole's............I have to wait 30 days before being paid.........If they send me an invoice. I need to pay straight away.

OR

They are self reporting because so many have begun to be found out. What is it?

https://www.news.com.au/finance/busi...ent=SocialFlow
    Why do the two have to be mutually exclusive
    OK

If I were to sell what I produce to say Cole's............I have to wait 30 days before being paid.........If they send me an invoice. I need to pay straight away.
    You would be surprised to lean that some of the leading suppliers extend 6 month E.O.M terms to the big two. You can be sure it is not the supplier dictating those terms of trade.

Just how many stock rotations and the relevant GP are they getting to bank from those lines over a 6 month period before they have to part with funds to pay for the stock past ordered that is 150-180 days ?.
    Last edited by 380; 19-12-2019 at 07:23 AM.

this is how all business works.
    i think industry standard for retail terms in Australia is like 55 days or something.
    If Coles group insists on up front, or 7 days, or whatever, then thats their terms of trade. You accept them or dont do business with Coles.

Oh, and i guarantee that Coles pays their rent on time. you see, just how Coles has leverage over some people. well others have leverage over Coles and they use it.

Its all standard business practices. absolutely nothing to be outraged about here.
    Seems like I am WRONG