Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
Now that I have been in Germany for considerable time I developed a good understanding of how the joint works and it's comparisons back home.

• Late Night Trading and Booze Laws

Here in Weimar practically every single pub and nightclub is open 7 days a week with a closing time of around 4-5am. some will still be open at 9am. For a 500m bottle of beer you will pay between 2 to 3 euro's. There are no intoxication laws to speak of yet there is no violence, no wankers out on the street and bouncers are more concerned about getting laid then actually bouncing cunce. I've only seen one guy actually turfed out.

In addition to this there is probably more pubs and club in Weimar then the entirety of Newcastle/Lake Macquarie and they are all within walking distance of each other. Yet there is no violence, let alone you never see the local cops out in force unless there is a football game on.

Just maybe instead of having ****ing curfews and a smaller number of pubs/clubs we need longer trading hours, scrap the RSA, have more venues in a heavily concentrated area that give people lots of choice.

It may just very well help reduce our late night booze problems.

I'll have another comment later.
I found the same thing in London. If you could physically speak, you got served at the bar. The number of bars and the social culture led to some cracking nights out, and comedy gold on a late night bus on the way home.

Oh and £2 henikens never hurt either!