Page 240 of 242 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242 LastLast
Results 4,781 to 4,800 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    The right doesn't care about the lives of these kids, they've proven that by removing/weakening anything that even remotely helps mothers raise these kids after they are born or helps people prevent it from even occuring.
    geez, leftards ffs. your credibility was never high but that really sums you up.

Some conservatives or far-right terrorists as only you woke bigots seem to always outrage about are against the big A. Pro life crosses many group ideals.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Ok so while we are digging down into the detail.
    How many pro choice people on here are ok with late term abortions? Currently approx same amount of states that have banned abortion altogether have no time limits at all. So how many people are ok with late term abortions?

Now, dont be spineless and bring out the minor amount that actually take place. The fact is someone has said its ok to kill a pretty much fully formed kid.

I dont dig that. Others certainly do.
    Tell me where you stand, because once again we have put trust in people to work out where the line is.

Personally the 22-24 week limit seems to tick the most amount of boxes, but can you scream "my body my choice" at the same time as still having a ban applied? Its not as cut and dried as some of you seem to make it.

I've already stated my position. It's not my body, so I shouldn't get a choice. People should be persuaded to not abort babies if a better option is available, but you can't control what someone does with their own body. The risk is too high to justify forcing pregnancy on anyone.

I would rather people use their energy trying to stop people accidentally getting pregnant in the first place, which would only leave the Abortions that every can emotionally understand and cope with (rape victims, ectopic pregnancies, underage kids, incest, etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Your position is very grey, it's either black or white mate
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Medical Procedure to Save their lives
    Just so we are 100% clear.
    You're happy to be legal forced to have a vasectomy, key word here is forced.
    Last edited by Premy; 03-07-2022 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    Your position is very grey, it's either black or white mate
    Been to the pub and didn't word that correctly. It's ok to have a grey position but the constitution doesn't like grey. There that's better, I'm goin to the pub
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Banned
    I've already stated my position. It's not my body, so I shouldn't get a choice. People should be persuaded to not abort babies if a better option is available, but you can't control what someone does with their own body. The risk is too high to justify forcing pregnancy on anyone.

I would rather people use their energy trying to stop people accidentally getting pregnant in the first place, which would only leave the Abortions that every can emotionally understand and cope with (rape victims, ectopic pregnancies, underage kids, incest, etc).
    Forcing pregnancy on someone??

You do realise it is one of the possible consequences of sex don't you??

If people are this stupid that they don't consider the consequences of their actions then they deserve to be forced to be parents due to their own stupidity

As a man the two most valuable things you have are your signature and your seed

Any man with a clue doesn't waste either of these on women not worthy

Yes here is a simple idea that will stop unwanted pregnancies. Abstinence it is 100% fool proof

If you can't resist try some contraception it ain't like a condom is an expensive investment

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jim wallis View Post
    geez, leftards ffs. your credibility was never high but that really sums you up.

Some conservatives or far-right terrorists as only you woke bigots seem to always outrage about are against the big A. Pro life crosses many group ideals.
    Yes precisely

People keep assuming my position is based on religion

It ain't

It's based on I think it is pretty evil to kill kids as a form of contraception which is the reality of why the majority of abortions are done

Basically a get out of gaol free card for stupid people.

Member,

You're replies are hilarious for two reasons.

1) you're still too scared to answer any of the multiple questions people have asked you regarding this. Because you know as soon as you are asked to explain you're position it falls apart. You just keep calling people names like 'baby killer' without adding anything to the discussion.

2) you seem to be living in a fantasy world when the only people who get pregnant are adults who choose to do so. That's complete nonsense and you and everyone on your side of the argument (including the ones who like to single me out with pet names and flirting) know it.

There is a valid argument against people using Abortion as a contraceptive, but that's only one part of the issue. And instead of trying to expand on that and actually discuss it, you're just using it as a brush to paint anyone who seeks an abortion. That's something those hateful pieces of shit that picket abortion clinics do to anyone seeking help, whether that's an abortion, contraceptives, sexual education or help for an STI. There are more sides to this debate than just "killing babies", that's (for use for a better term) just childish.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I think it's safe to say that everyone would be happy if there were no abortions.

The key difference in this debate seem to be that the left wants to stop them at the source, but understands that there are circumstances that do require an abortion in order to protect people, including the baby.

The right wants to create a situation where they remove contraceptives, want to stop teaching sex education, want to force rape victims to share custody with their rapists and want to make sure that women continue to be the only thing that makes the right happy, which is a vessel to create life.

The middle ground is a huge investment in sex education, larger punishment for rape, better access to contraception, and then access to abortion to those cases that absolutely require them. I.e. The 10 yr old girl raped in Ohio 7 weeks ago that is currently having to travel across state lines to get an abortion that should have been a simple and safe procedure.

The majority of people are fine with abortions in some capacity (85% in the states versus 13% against, can't find Aus numbers but since we are a more progressive nation it would most definitely be more in favour), and since we live in a democracy the laws should be built around what the majority wants, not want the angry boomers on the right want, and especially not what the nutjobs that still believe in the bible want. The quicker religion dies out, albeit it's only happening in the first world for now, the better for society.

Member,

1) you're still too scared to answer any of the multiple questions people have asked you regarding this. Because you know as soon as you are asked to explain you're position it falls apart. You just keep calling people names like 'baby killer' without adding anything to the discussion.

2) you seem to be living in a fantasy world when the only people who get pregnant are adults who choose to do so. That's complete nonsense and you and everyone on your side of the argument (including the ones who like to single me out with pet names and flirting) know it.

There is a valid argument against people using Abortion as a contraceptive, but that's only one part of the issue. And instead of trying to expand on that and actually discuss it, you're just using it as a brush to paint anyone who seeks an abortion. That's something those hateful pieces of shit that picket abortion clinics do to anyone seeking help, whether that's an abortion, contraceptives, sexual education or help for an STI. There are more sides to this debate than just "killing babies", that's (for use for a better term) just childish.
    Well said, Mr Baggins

I think it's safe to say that everyone would be happy if there were no abortions.

The key difference in this debate seem to be that the left wants to stop them at the source, but understands that there are circumstances that do require an abortion in order to protect people, including the baby.

The right wants to create a situation where they remove contraceptives, want to stop teaching sex education, want to force rape victims to share custody with their rapists and want to make sure that women continue to be the only thing that makes the right happy, which is a vessel to create life.

The middle ground is a huge investment in sex education, larger punishment for rape, better access to contraception, and then access to abortion to those cases that absolutely require them. I.e. The 10 yr old girl raped in Ohio 7 weeks ago that is currently having to travel across state lines to get an abortion that should have been a simple and safe procedure.

The majority of people are fine with abortions in some capacity (85% in the states versus 13% against, can't find Aus numbers but since we are a more progressive nation it would most definitely be more in favour), and since we live in a democracy the laws should be built around what the majority wants, not want the angry boomers on the right want, and especially not what the nutjobs that still believe in the bible want. The quicker religion dies out, albeit it's only happening in the first world for now, the better for society.
    Mr Frodo you know i love and respect you but this post is about as disingenuous as you can get.
    There is one issue here regarding the ruling: is the supreme court allowed to rule on abortion? Ansewe: no (for now).
    Everything else is inconsequential to the debate.

Outside of that you have engaged with the worst person on here (who i also love and respect) and you should know better.

All those americans complaining about abortion and guns have one job in november and if they fail to even bother then they deserve the outcomes.

If public opinion is so in their favour then it should be a walk in the park to roll every single conservative politician in their path.

I look forward to the mayhem. Please join me in pointing and laughing at the lot of them.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Mr Frodo you know i love and respect you but this post is about as disingenuous as you can get.
    There is one issue here regarding the ruling: is the supreme court allowed to rule on abortion? Ansewe: no (for now).

Outside of that you have engaged with the worst person on here (who i also love and respect) and you should know better.

All those americans complaining about abortion and guns have one job in november and if they fail to even bother then they deserve the outcomes.

If public opinion is so in their favour then it should be a walk in the park to roll every single conservative politician in their path.

I look forward to the mayhem. Please join me in pointing and laughing at the lot of them.
    Well, that depends on what the supreme court does with voting rights. They look poised to knock over some pretty important voting rights protections that would allow even more gerrymandering and disenfranchisement.

I guess this debate is difficult because some of it affects AUS, and some of it affects the US. I worry about the US because parts of this country still look to them as an example to follow. So, I'd prefer if they didn't keep turning into a theocracy in order to make sure the crazies over here stay in their churches and don't affect the rest of us.

No amount of voting will help the US tho, they don't live in a democracy like us. Trumpf won the election with 3 million less votes than Hillary, Bush also lost the popular vote and still won the election. The supreme court, which has vast power, isn't elected by the people, and doesn't have term limits, so can be stacked and completely swing power to one party for decades at a time. Gerrymandering means that state leaders can hold power despite being wildly unpopular. The US unfortunately doesn't need more elections to fix it's issues, it needs an uprising, which won't happen because everyone is so financially beholden to their jobs to stay alive that they simply can't afford to cause trouble and protest. Unless your one of those army cosplay patriot groups, because they are all cops and no matter how much they **** up at their jobs the Union is simply too powerful to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Well, that depends on what the supreme court does with voting rights. They look poised to knock over some pretty important voting rights protections that would allow even more gerrymandering and disenfranchisement.
    The changes that have been made so far to certain states were found to be irrelevant and Georgia was the most hotly contested changes yet had a record turnout at the first test of the new regs.
    Amazingly, theres beeen no mention of an upcoming state election in our own fair country that had had boundary revisisions to 32 of its 88 electorates.
    Yet we never consider that gerrymandering or voter suppression.
    I guess we are just super fair and legit over here unlike those devious Yanks.
    "Voting rights" is also another word for maintaining a free and fair election. I dont consider the 2020 US election rigged by any means but by everyones admission is was a shitshow and unprecedented as far as the results were concerned. Officials demanding scrutiny isnt always coated in evil intent.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

No amount of voting will help the US tho, they don't live in a democracy like us. Trumpf won the election with 3 million less votes than Hillary, Bush also lost the popular vote and still won the election.
    Yet no mention of Australia having a Government who only 32% of people voted for?
    Or the balance of power in the senate being controlled by a party who almost 90% of the public didnt vote for?

Are you sure its the Americans who have the shit system?

To note, im not even going to look but no idea when the last Australian Prime Minister was in a charge of a party with a true voting majority. Scomo got in with what 30 odd and single digit help from the Nats?

Yet no mention of Australia having a Government who only 32% of people voted for?
    Or the balance of power in the senate being controlled by a party who almost 90% of the public didnt vote for?

Are you sure its the Americans who have the shit system?

To note, im not even going to look but no idea when the last Australian Prime Minister was in a charge of a party with a true voting majority. Scomo got in with what 30 odd and single digit help from the Nats?
    Our system isn't based as heavily on only two parties like theirs. Our major parties are usually forced to do deals with smaller parties in order to get things done, which does slow down progress but it also stops them from doing anything too dangerous.

The drop off in first choice voting for either major party is actually a good thing, cause it's shown them that the people are not happy with the direction of either party. If the US had mandatory voting I'm sure they would have a large amount of people voting for smaller parties and weakening the power of either major party as well.

Unfair to try and compare apples to oranges there Plague. Our system isn't wonderful, but it's lightyears ahead of their system and you know it.

Our system isn't based as heavily on only two parties like theirs. Our major parties are usually forced to do deals with smaller parties in order to get things done, which does slow down progress but it also stops them from doing anything too dangerous.

The drop off in first choice voting for either major party is actually a good thing, cause it's shown them that the people are not happy with the direction of either party. If the US had mandatory voting I'm sure they would have a large amount of people voting for smaller parties and weakening the power of either major party as well.

Unfair to try and compare apples to oranges there Plague. Our system isn't wonderful, but it's lightyears ahead of their system and you know it.
    Yeah this is the interesting part going forward for Australia. For all the assholes in the 2 party system we have, the likes of France and Israel having to continually cobble together alliances usually ends up in tears as the smaller parties have less priorities yet are more militant on the shit they care about. Our minor parties at least dont usually get in the way of shit they dont know about just for the sake of it.

I mean, lets just pretend Ardern isnt in cahoots with a full weirdo over there just so she can hang onto power. I dont envy that scenario either.

No doubt we have an enviable system and i think for the most part we hold the assholes to account. The next period as we inevitably head towards a republic is going to be fun too. Theres more power to be had and the grubs are already trying to game the system to suit their needs.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Member,

1 Baby Killer is pretty relevant to describe your position

I don't really need to add much more to it

You choose to find it acceptable to kill children instead of using the multiple efficient ways to not getting pregnant which are available

Your position is completely piss weak and pathetic

2 Fantasy World ?? It seems more fitting to describe your position defending abortion with excuses like rape and incest which are an insignificant amount of cases it is not even a variable in the equation

The vast majority of abortions are done for

Don't want more kids as had enough already
    Don't have the financial resources at present to have kids
    Don't feel they are in a stable relationship to have kids

Now these things are easily dealt with if you find yourself in either of these 3 positions in life

Don't let a man jizz inside you

It not really rocket science

There is a pretty simple solution to abortion in most cases

Don't let someone go in raw inside you and blow jizz inside you

If you are silly enough to let someone do this why exactly should you be allowed to kill a child to get you away from the responsibility you should be forced to deal with??

1 Baby Killer is pretty relevant to describe your position

I don't really need to add much more to it

You choose to find it acceptable to kill children instead of using the multiple efficient ways to not getting pregnant which are available

Your position is completely piss weak and pathetic

2 Fantasy World ?? It seems more fitting to describe your position defending abortion with excuses like rape and incest which are an insignificant amount of cases it is not even a variable in the equation

The vast majority of abortions are done for

Don't want more kids as had enough already
    Don't have the financial resources at present to have kids
    Don't feel they are in a stable relationship to have kids

Now these things are easily dealt with if you find yourself in either of these 3 positions in life

Don't let a man jizz inside you

It not really rocket science

There is a pretty simple solution to abortion in most cases

Don't let someone go in raw inside you and blow jizz inside you

If you are silly enough to let someone do this why exactly should you be allowed to kill a child to get you away from the responsibility you should be forced to deal with??

You've lost this argument by just repeating the same line over and over again while being too scared to answer anything else asked of you. That's why people like you are just the noisy minority and people like me are the ones everyone would rather be in charge of making policies for them.

Mr Frodo,

Frodo, just incase you missed Plague’s words of wisdom.
    Key point in this thread.