Page 203 of 242 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,060 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I interpreted what he said in that video differently and don't believe he got atheism wrong at all.

When he wasn't being cut off mid sentence and actually given the opportunity to explain himself he said he is an agnostic atheist. He then says the agnostic part is because he cannot say definitively that there is a god, and then says by definition all humans are agnostic then. Then he says, after being cutoff and able to come back to it, that he is atheist as the definition of atheism is the lack of belief in god (google the definition if needed), and his example is when a person with faith says they can't prove god exists he says he does not believe in it.

I found him very transparent with all of that and don't think he got it wrong in any way.

I have also never personally heard the 1000 year burn the books example between fiction and science, but adored it.

For the record i define myself as an agnostic but refer to the TV show Community where they call that out as a lazy mans atheist. And I'm cool being that.
    Atheism is from the greek language and translated to "without God". It's the antithesis of Theism which is the belief in a deity.

New Age atheists are trying to soften the original meaning because it is impossible to prove their original argument. They want to have the balls to say there is no god, but they don't anyway to back it up. So instead of admitting they don't know and becoming an agnostic they still make the same argument but then put the onus on the other side to prove that the god exists. Smart move, but it also destroys the entire argument they set out to make.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Thought i made it pretty clear that life begins at conception
    You stated "that is science" in defining life so my scientific question to you was is sperm not alive.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Atheism is from the greek language and translated to "without God". It's the antithesis of Theism which is the belief in a deity.

New Age atheists are trying to soften the original meaning because it is impossible to prove their original argument. They want to have the balls to say there is no god, but they don't anyway to back it up. So instead of admitting they don't know and becoming an agnostic they still make the same argument but then put the onus on the other side to prove that the god exists. Smart move, but it also destroys the entire argument they set out to make.
    The best stance is to simply say.

1. I hope there's not a god because if there is he or she or it or whatever is doing a pretty shithouse job. Floods, droughts, famine, childhood cancer, pedo's, triathletes... the list is endless.

Science wise you need only refer to the bible being deterministic and the overwhelming amount of data that essentially proves determinism to be a myth.

The main example being that Planck's Constant is a non-zero number. It pretty much destroys the notion of determinism or of a clockwork universe as most if not all religions adhere to.

It's up to the religious types to prove Planck's constant is a myth - but 114 + years on and not only is it the centre of the most technological advances in human history - it's also been attacked more than any other piece of science and has remained completely intact and beyond criticism.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 08-11-2019 at 10:28 PM.

Banned
    It is alive if that is tge term you wish to use otherwise it wouldn't be able to impregnate wouldn't it ??

Of course it only has a short window to do the job to before it succumbs

Doesn't make it a life though does it

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    The best stance is to simply say.

1. I hope there's not a god because if there is he or she or it or whatever is doing a pretty shithouse job. Floods, droughts, famine, childhood cancer, pedo's, triathletes... the list is endless.

Science wise you need only refer to the bible being deterministic and the overwhelming amount of data that essentially proves determinism to be a myth.

The main example being that Planck's Constant is a non-zero number. It pretty much destroys the notion of determinism or of a clockwork universe as most if not all religions adhere to.

It's up to the religious types to prove Planck's constant is a myth - but 114 years on and not only is it the centre of the most technological advances in human history - it's also been attacked more than any other piece of science and has remained completely intact and beyond criticism.
    God done a pretty good job

It the sinners out there choosing to **** things up

He gave everyone freewill

Some are just failing the test he set you all

God done a pretty good job

It the sinners out there choosing to **** things up

He gave everyone freewill

Some are just failing the test he set you all
    A three year old kid with Cancer ? Please explain ?
    For free will to exist you have to reject determinism - that wipes out the bible pretty much instantly.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 08-11-2019 at 10:36 PM.

God gave us Griff.
    No other way to explain His existence.
    Must be legit.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    A three year old kid with Cancer ? Please explain ?
    For free will to exist you have to reject determinism - that wipes out the bible pretty much instantly.
    God tests everyone in different ways

That child is going to be tested by them being able to retain belief in God or not
    Just as it is a test on the parents to retain faith in God or not

That is their test not yours or mine

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Sorry, I did mention "modern" religious people earlier in the post. I very much don't like religions and we could sit here for hours listing the heinous things they've done.

But I don't put the blame of past acts on every person of faith. That's not fair.
    But it still happens though and the institutions that allowed it to happen. Encouraged the violence. They still exist.

Take child sexual abuse within the Church. You can say that it wasn't all priests. But the structure and institution of the church allowed it to happen.

God tests everyone in different ways

That child is going to be tested by them being able to retain belief in God or not
    Just as it is a test on the parents to retain faith in God or not

That is their test not yours or mine
    That's about the best endorsement for atheism I have ever read.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    But it still happens though and the institutions that allowed it to happen. Encouraged the violence. They still exist.

Take child sexual abuse within the Church. You can say that it wasn't all priests. But the structure and institution of the church allowed it to happen.
    According to the Member it was god testing the children. Priests were simply the tools used by god to perform the testing.

It is alive

Doesn't make it a life though
    You see how I'm struggling to understand consistency in your argument right
    OK

Smile

It's up to the religious types to prove Planck's constant is a myth - but 114 + years on and not only is it the centre of the most technological advances in human history - it's also been attacked more than any other piece of science and has remained completely intact and beyond criticism.
    So this is actually a good argument but it still doesn't prove that there is no higher power that created life. There could be a god, but maybe they just started it all off and then whatever happens after that is out of their control. There is no fate, heck they might exist without linear time and they see our entire existence at once and only see the results.

Or this could all be a simulation and the "deity" might be the programmer?

Long story short, I don't think we'll ever know so I don't let it affect my life. I don't blame something bigger than me when things go wrong, and I don't use the afterlife as an excuse to waste my time here. I also don't go round telling people with faith that they have it wrong because;

A) I can't prove them wrong.
    B) I've got better shit to do than worry about what someone else thinks.

Note: none of that last part is aimed at you directly Dunster, just a broad statement. I love that you came armed with facts to a topic that doesn't normally have any.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You see how I'm struggling to understand consistency in your argument right
    No I don't see what you are struggling with

Banned
    That's about the best endorsement for atheism I have ever read.
    Only if you believe in equality of outcome

No one ever said life was fair and balanced for all people

Does the all forgiving God, forgive those that didn’t believe?

Also, while we here.
    What’s the kicker? Is it a promise of “heaven” afterwards? Fear of hell and eternal judgement? Is it a guideline for those that can’t figure out how to be a good person otherwise?
    Last edited by Bremsstrahlung; 09-11-2019 at 11:43 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Does the all forgiving God, forgive those that didn’t believe?

Also, while we here.
    What’s the kicker? Is it a promise of “heaven” afterwards? Fear of hell and eternal judgement? Is it a guideline for those that can’t figure out how to be a good person otherwise?
    Well if they don't believe how are they going to be prepared to repent their sins??

Yo ain't living a life of debauchery wickedness and sin like our aethists brethren do

That the kicker

Banned
    Nice to see the Democrats doing a trial run of voter fraud for 2020 with the recent elections in Kentucky

They got up by 5000 votes yet they won a court case to have 175000 people admitted to the electoral roll

Problem is some of these people are immigrants and not allowed to vote

No wonder they are against Voter ID

Well if they don't believe how are they going to be prepared to repent their sins??

Yo ain't living a life of debauchery wickedness and sin like our aethists brethren do

That the kicker
    But like, why not just live a good life and be nice to people and do good things.

I struggle to understand how somebody who does good, but is uncertain about a sky god, is sent to the nether regions of hell.
    But a murderer, rapist, etc, they get a cross tattoo and say soz and they get to live it up in the after heavens.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    But like, why not just live a good life and be nice to people and do good things.

I struggle to understand how somebody who does good, but is uncertain about a sky god, is sent to the nether regions of hell.
    But a murderer, rapist, etc, they get a cross tattoo and say soz and they get to live it up in the after heavens.
    So you dont understand that someone who doesn't embrace God because they think they know best won't be welcomed in by God for being arrogant enough to refuse him ??

Is that your complaint in a nutshell I take it??

Because the Murder and Rapist is irrelevant in your point you are trying to make