Page 219 of 236 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,380 of 4711

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

  1. #4361
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    How you can want to debate scientific matters while holding that view is mystifying.
    If I believe that God created the world in 6 days then rested on the 7th and I going to tally up events in the book then it comes to about 6000 years give or take

  2. #4362
    aka WLG pv4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,334
    OK

  3. #4363
    Senior Member Bon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    3,331
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post

  4. #4364
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,665
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    If I believe that God created the world in 6 days then rested on the 7th and I going to tally up events in the book then it comes to about 6000 years give or take
    Is the bible referring to a day as 24 hours ? The time between sunrise and sunset ? Or some other variable ?

  5. #4365
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    605
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Oh man....
    I.... I just can't... I don't know where to start on this..
    Exactly my original point. There is no arguing with anyone on the extremes of both sides of politics.

    Regardless of how stupid they sound they’ll follow their mantra dogmatically. Facts are only facts when they support their agenda.

    If I had said my exact same statement to someone on the extreme left I’d get shouted down for not agreeing that it’s all man made.

  6. #4366
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Exactly my original point. There is no arguing with anyone on the extremes of both sides of politics.

    Regardless of how stupid they sound they’ll follow their mantra dogmatically. Facts are only facts when they support their agenda.

    If I had said my exact same statement to someone on the extreme left I’d get shouted down for not agreeing that it’s all man made.
    The centre of politics - where sensible debate can happen to encourage good government. Unfortunately, there is no longer sensible debate. More like arguing and arrogance from both "sides".

  7. #4367
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Exactly my original point. There is no arguing with anyone on the extremes of both sides of politics.

    Regardless of how stupid they sound they’ll follow their mantra dogmatically. Facts are only facts when they support their agenda.

    If I had said my exact same statement to someone on the extreme left I’d get shouted down for not agreeing that it’s all man made.
    People when voicing an opinion will resort to their beliefs

    That ain't much of an observation

    An avoidance of the issues raised be closer to the mark

  8. #4368
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,806
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    People when voicing an opinion will resort to their beliefs

    That ain't much of an observation

    An avoidance of the issues raised be closer to the mark
    People should start resorting to facts, and actually fact check them first as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  9. #4369
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Brügglifeld's Terraces, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,435
    Trump Mania here in Switzerland at the WEF or US President Mania.. however which way you want to see it.
    Amigos Aarau

  10. #4370
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    605
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    People should start resorting to facts, and actually fact check them first as well.
    Who needs facts when you can let the media, god, activist groups or social media decide for you.

  11. #4371
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    People should start resorting to facts, and actually fact check them first as well.
    I am already resorting to facts

    There is no proof that Climate Change actually exists

  12. #4372
    космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1991
    Posts
    456,915,984
    and on that enlightened note - maybe this is relevant to people like the Member

    https://www.theguardian.com/football...d-world-is-not

    incidentally member, do you understand what an isotope is? do they teach that sort of science at Kincumber South High?

  13. #4373
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    605
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I am already resorting to facts

    There is no proof that Climate Change actually exists
    Apart from....... the increase in temperatures globally over the last 100 years?

    That’s pretty much the definition of the climate....... changing........

    Or do we have to wait another 6000 years of our planet existing to get a 50% sample rate?

  14. #4374
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    605
    Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    and on that enlightened note - maybe this is relevant to people like the Member

    https://www.theguardian.com/football...d-world-is-not

    incidentally member, do you understand what an isotope is? do they teach that sort of science at Kincumber South High?
    How does the club make money? Do they still attract fans to the stadium?

    This just boggles my mind. To succeed they literally have to follow the ideals they despise so much?

  15. #4375
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,806
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I am already resorting to facts

    There is no proof that Climate Change actually exists
    There is proof that climate change exists. Everyone agrees on that part, you obviously weren't listening.

    Your actual argument is whether or not humans caused it.

    No need to thank me. Just pay more attention please member.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  16. #4376
    космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1991
    Posts
    456,915,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    How does the club make money? Do they still attract fans to the stadium?

    This just boggles my mind. To succeed they literally have to follow the ideals they despise so much?
    read the article and it doesn't say much - the comments are gold though, as you'd expect

  17. #4377
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Apart from....... the increase in temperatures globally over the last 100 years?

    That’s pretty much the definition of the climate....... changing........

    Or do we have to wait another 6000 years of our planet existing to get a 50% sample rate?
    And how many of the last 6000 or so years have we been recording weather for ??
    About 100 give or take a couple

    An upward spike in this time is no proof that we are on a continual upward spike

    What is to say the next 100 years won't see a downward spike??

    What you are doing is cherry picking one statistic to further your argument yet the real8ty is there ain't concrete weather data going back 500 years to back up your claim

    Also if Climate Change was real explain Greta??

    Because if the leftists greenies had any actual real evidence they wouldn't be wheeling out some kid with autism who can't articulate much as soon as her handlers don't give her a script to read

  18. #4378
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    There is proof that climate change exists. Everyone agrees on that part, you obviously weren't listening.

    Your actual argument is whether or not humans caused it.

    No need to thank me. Just pay more attention please member.
    Who is everyone??

    Trump
    Putin
    Sco Mo

    I cant be arsed looking for more but i pretty certain i could find plenty of other powerful.people who call this scam out for what it is

  19. #4379
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,682
    Just believe in climate change.
    Non believers will be punished in a fiery earth.
    If you believe, there is hope that you will not die a fiery death.

    Remind you of anything?

    Except like, there’s science to back this one up.

  20. #4380
    The whole debate is lost. It's Natural climate change vs human contributed CC. Naturally it happens, no debate.

    Australia's contribution to CC is negligible. Sorry commie & Green goons, youre shot down there.

    But theres an opportunity to create Green tech to influence the rest of the globe to adopt in due course. Sooner the better.

    We cant shut down oil and coal this weekend. The consequences would be economic disaster, societal anarchy and the murder of Green voters. On second thoughts pull the plug.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •