Page 202 of 242 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,040 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Banned
    Out of curiosity refusing to run that story aren't the ABC a guilty of a conspiracy by not running the storyand also protecting child abuse predators??

Surprised they ain't being hung drawn and quartered for this shit as they have allowed many child predators to continue on unchecked

The MSM keep going on they are legit and accuse others of running with conspiracy theories. Well they are not running theories they are running conspiracies

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    If you want science to give facts on life, why wait until an egg and sperm meet to define life? A sperm is a single-cell organism and as alive as any other cells in a male (or female) body. By your interpretation is every sperm that does not fertilise an egg a wasted life?

Or are you saying there must be two things to create life? If that is the case I'm honestly going to need helping interpreting your good book, starting with chapter one.
    That would also mean under that logic everytime you strangle the chicken you committing mass genocide wouldn't it??

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    That would also mean under that logic everytime you strangle the chicken you committing mass genocide wouldn't it??
    These questions are all aimed at you
    OK

Out of curiosity refusing to run that story aren't the ABC a guilty of a conspiracy by not running the storyand also protecting child abuse predators??

Surprised they ain't being hung drawn and quartered for this shit as they have allowed many child predators to continue on unchecked

The MSM keep going on they are legit and accuse others of running with conspiracy theories. Well they are not running theories they are running conspiracies
    nah, they arent breaking any laws. they can have any number of reasons for not running the story. funnily enough the only 'crime' committed here is actually against the ABC if it can be proven that they were being extorted to withhold the info they had.
    the way the reporter was accusing the ABC of not running the story because Buckingham Palace wouldnt let them interview Will and kate is an example but its such a stretch to suggest, then prove they were committing a crime.

as for withholding any info about Epstein, it looks like their story didnt have any accusations that werent already in the public domain, the problem with their story was the people surrounding it like Prince Andrew and Bill Clinton. They are the only people they were 'protecting' and since neither of those 2 have been accused/charged or committed of a crime then ABC is in the clear.

ABC merely looks like a bunch of hypocrites here, not criminals.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    These questions are all aimed at you
    But it not new life until it combines with another cell to create new DNA

By your point getting a hair cut would be the same

But it not new life until it combines with another cell to create new DNA

By your point getting a hair cut would be the same
    So you don't care about all life, just new life?

I'm genuinely trying to figure out when your argument starts and stops here. It isn't consistent in any way.
    OK

heres one thats been floating around twitter recently.
    Gervais explains his why, and Colbert (a religious person) has some valid points about what God is to him.

i thought the point about burning all the books was pretty well said.

And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

I'm genuinely trying to figure out when your argument starts and stops here. It isn't consistent in any way.
    to be fair, we (pro choice people) havent explained when we think life starts either.
    we kind of just picked a number and have since changed it round a fair bit.

our justifications (other than the main one of being none of anyones business except the women's) have always been open to criticism.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    to be fair, we (pro choice people) havent explained when we think life starts either.
    we kind of just picked a number and have since changed it round a fair bit.

our justifications (other than the main one of being none of anyones business except the women's) have always been open to criticism.
    At least one person in Frodo clearly detailed his/her definition of it.

I'd also argue your point about only the womens business, without trying to force red pills down anyone's mindtanks.
    OK

At least one person in Frodo clearly detailed his/her definition of it.
    sorry, meant to say 'pro choice lawmakers' not being able to define when it starts.
    Seems like I am WRONG

heres one thats been floating around twitter recently.
    Gervais explains his why, and Colbert (a religious person) has some valid points about what God is to him.

i thought the point about burning all the books was pretty well said.

I don't like Ricky Gervais, and I think he's a perfect poster boy for Atheists since he thinks he's intelligent but he just used big words to hide the fact that he has nothing big worth to say. Atheism is exactly as bad as modern religion. People with no facts yelling at other people because they disagree on a thing that they don't have any proof of either way. And both of them argue knowing full well they can't convince the other to change their minds. Such a waste of time.

Also, he has Atheism wrong completely there and he knows it. Atheism is the belief that there is no god, not a soft arse I don't really know but I don't think there is. That's a new take that lazy arse people are trying to mould it into since their original argument is impossible to prove

I'm agnostic, but I would rather talk to a person of faith than an atheist when those sorts of topics come up. At least a religious person can handle criticisms towards their faith (well most can). Atheists can't handle being disagreed with and will waste plenty of energy/time "proving" you wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I don't like Ricky Gervais
    yeah i kind of gathered that.
    Seems like I am WRONG

yeah i kind of gathered that.
    I admit my biases.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

At least a religious person can handle criticisms towards their faith (well most can).
    Persecution of the Lollards, Hussite Wars, German Peasants War, Protestant Reformation, 30 Years war, Albigensian Crusades, Northern Crusades and I haven't even started on the Middle East and there is a lot more. But all because people of a different faith that you get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    Persecution of the Lollards, Hussite Wars, German Peasants War, Protestant Reformation, 30 Years war, Albigensian Crusades, Northern Crusades and I haven't even started on the Middle East and there is a lot more. But all because people of a different faith that you get the idea.
    Sorry, I did mention "modern" religious people earlier in the post. I very much don't like religions and we could sit here for hours listing the heinous things they've done.

But I don't put the blame of past acts on every person of faith. That's not fair.

except the Westboro Baptist Church.

**** all those assholes straight to hell, or Gosford, whichever they hit first.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Also, he has Atheism wrong completely there and he knows it. Atheism is the belief that there is no god, not a soft arse I don't really know but I don't think there is. That's a new take that lazy arse people are trying to mould it into since their original argument is impossible to prove
    I interpreted what he said in that video differently and don't believe he got atheism wrong at all.

When he wasn't being cut off mid sentence and actually given the opportunity to explain himself he said he is an agnostic atheist. He then says the agnostic part is because he cannot say definitively that there is a god, and then says by definition all humans are agnostic then. Then he says, after being cutoff and able to come back to it, that he is atheist as the definition of atheism is the lack of belief in god (google the definition if needed), and his example is when a person with faith says they can't prove god exists he says he does not believe in it.

I found him very transparent with all of that and don't think he got it wrong in any way.

I have also never personally heard the 1000 year burn the books example between fiction and science, but adored it.

For the record i define myself as an agnostic but refer to the TV show Community where they call that out as a lazy mans atheist. And I'm cool being that.
    OK

I'm agnostic, but I would rather talk to a person of faith than an atheist when those sorts of topics come up. At least a religious person can handle criticisms towards their faith (well most can). Atheists can't handle being disagreed with and will waste plenty of energy/time "proving" you wrong.
    i think it is too broad a statement to say you'd rather speak to one side over the other assuming they can or can't handle things better or worse. There are smart and dumb people on both sides, and people that can and can't hold an argument either way.

As a general vibe I find it much harder to cut thru the bullshit when speaking to a religious person. I get told their good book is written in black and white and see genuine arguments about the exact wording of a sentence in there (even though it has been translated several times and there are various current versions going, and let's not get into when the Romans dictated what did and didnt get put in there also..) but then when they want to disagree with something that doesn't fit their narrative they have these caveats or unwritten contexts that need to be taken into account. At least for the most part an atheist will say their exact thoughts, almost always I do not believe in it because it has zero proof, and you can go about your business from there.
    OK

except the Westboro Baptist Church.

**** all those assholes straight to hell, or Gosford, whichever they hit first.
    Oh yeah, screw those guys.

Banned

Thought i made it pretty clear that life begins at conception

Once that has occurred we shouldn't be killing the child

Which part of that is hard for you to understand??