Page 101 of 242 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Labour have been anti-education since the day the union movement formed the Labour Party.

At lease the Conservatives have the balls to say they don't care about public education...or public anything for that matter.

Vote 1 for Turnbull. At least you won't get any surprises.

didint Labor off er 1.2 billion for Gonski?

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    Australia's foreign aid budget is disgracefully small anyway, the libs have savaged it but it's political poison, and i don't see labor pumping it up if they get in regardless. .
    you want to blame someone for not helping out the so called battlers, go look at the rich end of town. australia's record in domestic philanthropy is absolutely putrid.
    link? blame who for what?

Aust is broke as a fking joke, theres no money for any cvnt. assets, minerals and companies sold off. corporates hiding all the cash orf shore and tax dodging. We are pwned.

Labor prefer to keep the boats coming so half the peeps drown on the way and then the Greens have a skitz. wack man
    Last edited by hawk; 17-05-2016 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    link?

Labor prefer to keep the boats coming so half the peeps drown on the way and then the Greens have a skitz. wack man
    http://www.businessinsider.com.au/au...-bottom-2016-5

http://www.afr.com/personal-finance/...0150515-gh2b81

That Zuckerberg mug took our money and handed it to deserving Yanks and makes US look generous, bums

does that phat trash Gina Rinehart give any thing to Aus?
    Last edited by hawk; 17-05-2016 at 09:17 PM.

yeah alright

get back to ya nrl game

dont look

http://www.australiandebtclock.com.au/
    Last edited by hawk; 17-05-2016 at 09:36 PM.

tell me where we sit as a percentage of GDP compared to other OECD economies

go count your money in your mansion scrooge mcduck

get into debt & negative gear champ, get off tha darts and punt and give it ago

Gaz, I'm no expert and welcome any feedback, but this is my impression of school funding policy.

Before Labor won office in 2007, it had spoken vaguely about considering needs-based funding, without committing to a specific model. During its six years in office (Rudd and Gillard eras), Labor did almost nothing to change school funding, though Gillard eventually commissioned the Gonski review. Gonski reported shortly before Labor lost office. Since then, Labor has campaigned hard to implement the Gonski recommendations.

Why should I believe Labor is fair dinkum about needs-based school funding when it dithered for six years?

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    tell me where we sit as a percentage of GDP compared to other OECD economies
    As long as people think Debt to GDP ratios or interest rates or the budgetary positions of Governments are in any way economically significant the war against Plutocracy is pretty much lost.

Groupthink is killing us all.

Hawks Debt Clock is actually pretty good but it can also be misinterpreted / misleading as well.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 18-05-2016 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Labour have been anti-education since the day the union movement formed the Labour Party.

At lease the Conservatives have the balls to say they don't care about public education...or public anything for that matter.

Vote 1 for Turnbull. At least you won't get any surprises.
    I'm a worker so I won't be voting to get an arse reaming (with no lube either) from the Libs who want to screw us workers over and at the same time look after their buddies at the big corporate end of town.
    I see Labour as the lesser of two evils in this battle, the two parties for a number of years had become a little blurred around the edges.
    There is no mistaking what the LNP stand for nowadays....the RW neo-cons with the backing of the IPA and big overseas corporations....these are the actual ones running the country and influencing government policies.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    I'm a worker so I won't be voting to get an arse reaming (with no lube either) from the Libs who want to screw us workers over
    How so?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    How so?
    For a man as intelligent as you Plague what sort of question is that??

The Liberal party looking after the top end of town at the expense of the working man is not actually an earth shattering revelation is it??

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    with this election campaign almost as long as the a-league off season I thought I'd take this chance to start my campaign for everyone to get a better understanding of the importance of the Gonski funding to the schools and kids of Australia.

It's not about teachers being paid more it's got nothing to do with teachers pay awards, it's about kids education being funded to a level that will bring us up to the minimum needed to compete with international standards. Let that sink in.... We are playing catch up.

It's about a system that is fair and supports kids based on need.

A colleague has penned this, please take the time to read it and please pay attention to the Gonski campaign. It's imperative public schools and any school serving low-ses and high learning needs kids receive fairer funding and a much needed injection of funds.

If you've got any questions about Gonski sing out.
    Education is meaningless without full employment.

Very few of my students were ever at a lecture to learn anything - In fact I'd say 999/1000 were there because a certain qualification gave them a better chance of gaining certain jobs.
    The qualification itself was always about getting to the front of the labour queue more so than providing actual training or knowledge for the job.

Prior to the 1970's when full employment existed, labour queuing of this type was very rare almost non-existent.

Locally, you could get a job at BHP with very limited education and yet you could make very good money through hard work / overtime and so on.

So do we really need to be better educated or do we just need to get rid of all this labour queuing nonsense the ne0-liberals have inflicted upon us ?

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

The Liberal party looking after the top end of town at the expense of the working man is not actually an earth shattering revelation is it??
    Firstly you forgot to include 'ivory towers' in your cliche driven post there but anyway your comment is an oft repeated stance by 'the worker'.

All I'm asking is how stopper2 is personally impacted by the party that is in govt.

I mean, people have strong stances on this stuff I just want to know why.

It's a fair question.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

Also, can someone point out where labor and Libs differ in their dealings with 'the top end of town'?

I'm talking policies, not age old perceptions and philosophies.

Help me out here.

Also can someone explain to me who the 'top end of town' are?

I'm interested in your definition.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Education is meaningless without full employment.

Very few of my students were ever at a lecture to learn anything - In fact I'd say 999/1000 were there because a certain qualification gave them a better chance of gaining certain jobs.
    The qualification itself was always about getting to the front of the labour queue more so than providing actual training or knowledge for the job.

Prior to the 1970's when full employment existed, labour queuing of this type was very rare almost non-existent.

Locally, you could get a job at BHP with very limited education and yet you could make very good money through hard work / overtime and so on.

So do we really need to be better educated or do we just need to get rid of all this labour queuing nonsense the ne0-liberals have inflicted upon us ?

My concern isn't literate uni students.
    It's illiterate teens who go on to be illiterate adults.

There's links between a nation's education levels and crime rates, health and welfare dependencies.
    Educate the population or the population suffers.

I agree the job market has changed significantly, the economy is vastly different now to how it was when the education system was created. Mass manufacturing jobs don't exist like they did and it's no longer as feasible for an illertae low-ses population to find work. The education system needs updating in order to meet the needs of the labour market, so let's do that rather than expect the labour market to go back in time and rely on large volumes of unskilled labour - we can't compete with international markets that way.

And an education is more than just about preparedness for the workforce. Literate, critical hunkers are more likely to make better health choices and reducing the strain on the health system also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.