Page 104 of 242 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Both major parties are responsible and I doubt you will even hear a whisper over the election campaign about how to fix this problem for young people looking to own a home.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 01-06-2016 at 05:49 PM.

move to adelaide stupid

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Both major parties are responsible and I doubt you will even hear a whisper over the election campaign about how to fix this problem for young people looking to own a home.
    Yeah I find this an interesting discussion. I am buying at the moment and everything seems to be tied back to supply. Prices in Newcastle are comparable to Melbourne which is ridiculous but all the info we are getting is that there will be a huge correction here in next few years with about 1500 new units to be built (hence an oversupply like in Melbourne).

I mean, in a country like ours how do you legit 'favour' one group of people without it negatively impacting another when it comes to affordability?

the Cameron parks of this world (and people who buy there) are doing more damage to the housing market than any Chinese investors ever could.

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    move to adelaide stupid
    At least you'll be able to comfortably afford the house you'll eventually be murdered in.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Yeah I find this an interesting discussion. I am buying at the moment and everything seems to be tied back to supply. Prices in Newcastle are comparable to Melbourne which is ridiculous but all the info we are getting is that there will be a huge correction here in next few years with about 1500 new units to be built (hence an oversupply like in Melbourne).

I mean, in a country like ours how do you legit 'favour' one group of people without it negatively impacting another when it comes to affordability?

the Cameron parks of this world (and people who buy there) are doing more damage to the housing market than any Chinese investors ever could.

Pretty much backs everything you said Plague.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 02-06-2016 at 01:02 PM.

I genuinely don't understand this comment, and am extremely interested in an explanation if you've got 5 mins? Very interesting. I know a fair few people in Cameron Park & estates up in Gilleston Heights - would be interesting to hear your thoughts.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I genuinely don't understand this comment, and am extremely interested in an explanation if you've got 5 mins? Very interesting. I know a fair few people in Cameron Park & estates up in Gilleston Heights - would be interesting to hear your thoughts.
    Cameron park (and further west) will end up the same as the western suburbs of Sydney.

People purchased overpriced land on the back of a mining boom, low interest rates and the wank of the 'great Australian dream'. They are taught to believe that 5 bedrooms and a colourbond fence is what builds their equity when really it's just location that matters (and they ain't in a good one).

Give it 10 years when the boom is over, interest rates settle where they 'should' be (7-9%) and all of a sudden disposable income will be tight. It lessens demand for small/medium business, lack of infrastructure (both natural and man made) means that a whole generation of landlocked kids will grow up with not much to do.

The fact you can buy a decent house on a chunk of dirt 10 mins from the centre of the city and some of the most beautiful beaches in the country for $100-$150k less than what these western suburbs homes are 'worth' says everything.

There will be a huge correction one day and if people are leveraged to the hilt out there then it's not good news.

people will then be faced with selling and losing money (in real terms) or staying and dealing with the consequences.
    Go look at the suburbs surrounding Maitland that were established 20-25 years ago and their current 'value'. Cause that's what's coming to Cameron Park.

jetskis bro, jet skis

Pretty much backs everything you said Plague.
    So wouldn't an easy fix be to just increase supply (to a point) rather than legislation on 'foreign' buyers and handouts etc?

State Libs claiming they have increased approvals massively and that state Labor were the ones who stalled it back then.

I have no data if that's the truth but if it is why isn't Turnbull out there ramming this stuff down Shortens throat? It only seems to be a sydney issue regarding affordability but no pollies are offering up anything as a solution?

Cameron park (and further west) will end up the same as the western suburbs of Sydney. People purchased overpriced land on the back of a mining boom, low interest rates and the wank of the 'great Australian dream'. They are taught to believe that 5 bedrooms and a colourbond fence is what builds their equity when really it's just location that matters (and they ain't in a good one). Give it 10 years when the boom is over, interest rates settle where they 'should' be (7-9%) and all of a sudden disposable income will be tight. It lessens demand for small/medium business, lack of infrastructure (both natural and man made) means that a whole generation of landlocked kids will grow up with not much to do. The fact you can buy a decent house on a chunk of dirt 10 mins from the centre of the city and some of the most beautiful beaches in the country for $100-$150k less than what these western suburbs homes are 'worth' says everything. There will be a huge correction one day and if people are leveraged to the hilt out there then it's not good news.
    people will then be faced with selling and losing money (in real terms) or staying and dealing with the consequences.
    Go look at the suburbs surrounding Maitland that were established 20-25 years ago and their current 'value'. Cause that's what's coming to Cameron Park.
    Doom and gloom shock treatment wont work. At worst there,ll be single figure correction and a load of yrs with no growth eg Japs lost decades.

best growth right now for those not in the boys club is from a wage. having 3 jobs wont kill ya, i did it and so did our "privileged" forefathers.

So wouldn't an easy fix be to just increase supply (to a point) rather than legislation on 'foreign' buyers and handouts etc?

State Libs claiming they have increased approvals massively and that state Labor were the ones who stalled it back then.

I have no data if that's the truth but if it is why isn't Turnbull out there ramming this stuff down Shortens throat? It only seems to be a sydney issue regarding affordability but no pollies are offering up anything as a solution?
    If the investors [ bad choice of word] can be driven out of the market then the supply problem will be lessened somewhat.
    Merely, increasing the supply on its own won't do as much because the investors will continue to compete for these properties given the massive tax breaks they can receive.
    Reason: the investor class of buyer has a massive advantage over the non-investors as the former's purchase is somewhat subsidized by government and the more they earn the bigger the subsidy.

Overall, greed and laziness make the property market very desirable to the leisure classes of which Shorten and Turnbull are most certainly card carrying members.

If the investors [ bad choice of word] can be driven out of the market then the supply problem will be lessened somewhat.
    Merely, increasing the supply on its own won't do as much because the investors will continue to compete for these properties given the massive tax breaks they can receive.
    Yeah this is legit point I forgot.

So increase supply, gradually reduce negative gearing.
    We are getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    best growth right now for those not in the boys club is from a wage. having 3 jobs wont kill ya, i did it and so did our "privileged" forefathers.
    Not all of us are multi millionaires married to supermodels though Hawk.

Lucky hawk being able to afford manicured gardens*

*I assume from the picture
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

That darn extension cord is on the road again. get that someone

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    That darn extension cord is on the road again. get that someone

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    religions preaching hatred towards people of different sexual preferences has it's natural conclusions

gun control played a major part too

this isn't a mental health issue, this is the result of religions preaching hatred and using the mentally ill to spread hatred and murder - like the Lindt cafe moron, like this douchebag, like that stupid child in Parramatta

once you've taken the step towards believing some holy book tells you to hate gays, this sort of thing is inevititable

The highlight out of this was everyone else being like "is it a hate crime or is it ISIS" and Fox News is like "WHY CANT WE HAVE BOTH"!!!

On a legit serious note though one thing the last few years of paying attention to US politics, I have developed a genuine soft spot for people defending the right to bare arms.

The loud 1% lunatic fringe can go eat a bag of them but man there's some people putting forward some valid arguments.

next time there's a massacre with a musket ring me up
    Last edited by q-money; 13-06-2016 at 11:07 PM.