Page 109 of 242 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,180 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Six elections (that's all the AEC website has):

Cheers. Am I reading this wrong or are the National Party making a lot of ground in recent elections ?

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    So your saying that Xenophon seeing as he has found himself in a position of influence is wrong to take advantage of it and get as much as he can for his constituents and would rather he just sat back and watched the clock tick over until he is eligible for his Government perks whilst doing nothing to better the lives of his fellow countrymen??

Ok

Didn't realise he was voted in just to be a stooge and rubber stamp the government's legislation
    By god you can be an idiot sometimes Member.

Do some reading.

Then come back.

Please.

I mean, you're at 'Tarek will be playing in the State League' levels of ignorance and misunderstanding.

Didn't think you'd reach that peak again, but you're getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Cheers. Am I reading this wrong or are the National Party making a lot of ground in recent elections ?
    Correct. They picked up and extra seat in the Reps this time (from a Lib member) and Barnaby romped home despite getting the sink thrown at him by Windsor and preference deals.

General consensus is that it's 'true' conservatives returning to the party from former Lib and independent voters.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    PS All Pauline represents is peoples inner bigot...or the outer one.
    Guess dumb phucks need their representatives too.

So you'd rather another Union stooge or former staffer from the private school network taking up a seat?

Agree/disagree with her policy all you want but she's probably the most 'wronged' politician in Australia's history. The fact she is still having a dig says a lot about her.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Except you didn't answer the question.
    What part of being the Prime Minister has he 'struggled' with?
    Remembering what the job of the PM actually is and the situation he was in when he inherited* it.

*and yes I mean when he knifed the incumbent.
    Calling a double dissolution election and not campaigning on the back of the very reason we were at the polls.

Quote Originally Posted by PC14 View Post
    Calling a double dissolution election and not campaigning on the back of the very reason we were at the polls.
    Yes this is a great point and a very valid criticism of the PM and the party at large

but

the narrative was that he 'did nothing' or 'did poorly' in the actual job of PM (hence why opinion polls were turning against him before calling the election).

I was just asking which parts of the PM job he did were that 'poor' that's all.

Anyway by now the Member is furiously typing his 3rd example of the same point he keeps missing so I better get ready for that.

In happier news though **** Mal Brough.
    **** that guy.

So you'd rather another Union stooge or former staffer from the private school network taking up a seat?

Agree/disagree with her policy all you want but she's probably the most 'wronged' politician in Australia's history. The fact she is still having a dig says a lot about her.
    So that's your generalisation of Labour n Libs too is it?
    The media will be rubbing their hands at the prospect of the trash that will be
    forthcoming form the things ill-informed mouth.
    Don't get me wrong...you get what you vote for and it's simply indicative of
    how unevolved a percentage of the population is.

Can't wait for the Pauline lolz thread....should rival the Gypos lolz page (4 years old in 2 days)
    numbers in 1/2 the time.

did have to laugh at old mate sammy dastyari inviting pauline down for a halal snack pack, she was absolutely foo ming

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Don't get me wrong...you get what you vote for and it's simply indicative of
    how unevolved a percentage of the population is.

See this is the bit that grates on so many people.
    "Oh you voted for herrrrrrrrrr, look how dumb you are".

Ok, so let's talk about all these super smart people. What was their reaction to Penny Wong voting against gay marriage back in the day? Was she labelled a bigot?
    What about when Rudd and Gillard both voted against marriage equality? Any 'homophobe' chants get started up on Mt Pious?
    What about Plibersek abstaining from a vote at her national conference debating her parties position on boat arrivals? Any shouts of 'racist' from the smarty pants brigade?

Selective outrage, and the levels that get thrown at certain individuals from this group is embarrassing when they themselves seem too stupid to even identify what's happening right under their own noses.

But anyway.

Banned
    See this is the bit that grates on so many people.
    "Oh you voted for herrrrrrrrrr, look how dumb you are".

Ok, so let's talk about all these super smart people. What was their reaction to Penny Wong voting against gay marriage back in the day? Was she labelled a bigot?
    What about when Rudd and Gillard both voted against marriage equality? Any 'homophobe' chants get started up on Mt Pious?
    What about Plibersek abstaining from a vote at her national conference debating her parties position on boat arrivals? Any shouts of 'racist' from the smarty pants brigade?

Selective outrage, and the levels that get thrown at certain individuals from this group is embarrassing when they themselves seem too stupid to even identify what's happening right under their own noses.

But anyway.
    Good points

What actually got Pauline her reputation was her initial speech in Parliament back years ago.

She asked about government handouts that had gone to an Aboriginal group and the money had disappeared and not ended up going to the programme it was designed to fund

For doing that she was pilloried by the media and both sides of politics as a racist bigot and her questions as to where tax payer money went were swept under the rug when it would appear there is some impropriety going on

No matter what the brainwashed leftist dogs think people like her will always gain traction

Many people feel her way

This country isn't likely to see her type get a majority soon but there is quite a few countries in Europe where the Nationalist Right are not far from gaining power or getting enough of a say in politics to cause issues

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    (See the note at the bottom in the graph.) My fault: I should have coloured the LNP differently. I lumped the LNP (created in ~2010, replacing the Libs and Nats in Qeeensland) in with the Nationals, which is misleading, as it reduces the Liberal vote and enlarges the Nationals vote.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Good points

What actually got Pauline her reputation was her initial speech in Parliament back years ago.

She asked about government handouts that had gone to an Aboriginal group and the money had disappeared and not ended up going to the programme it was designed to fund

For doing that she was pilloried by the media and both sides of politics as a racist bigot and her questions as to where tax payer money went were swept under the rug when it would appear there is some impropriety going on

No matter what the brainwashed leftist dogs think people like her will always gain traction

Many people feel her way

This country isn't likely to see her type get a majority soon but there is quite a few countries in Europe where the Nationalist Right are not far from gaining power or getting enough of a say in politics to cause issues
    Taxes don't fund government spending and the left side of the political spectrum has been extinct since long before you were even born.

The party that will be most concerned about Hanson is the Coalition as it's their voters she will be stealing.
    By next election the Coalition will simply make Hanson's policies their own [like Howard did] and render her and One Nation irrelevant once again.

What I want to know is where Pauline got her "98% of Australians are against Halal certification". 98% really? I would have genuinely thought it would be at absolute max 50%, with 40% of the rest for it and 10% like me who just don't care slash don't know enough about it to worry or pass genuine judgement on it.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    What I want to know is where Pauline got her "98% of Australians are against Halal certification". 98% really? I would have genuinely thought it would be at absolute max 50%, with 40% of the rest for it and 10% like me who just don't care slash don't know enough about it to worry or pass genuine judgement on it.
    Without 'knowing' for sure I'd say the question went along the lines of:

"do you agree with paying more for a particular product just to appease someone else's religious standards all the while knowing that some of that money may or may not end up in the hands of terrorists".

It's all in the phrasing innit?

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    She means 98% of the people she asks while cooking their fish n chip order
    She calls it 'canvassing the electorate'
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

http://www.sbs.com.au/comedy/article...tified-sausage

By The Backburner

4 Jul 2016 - 10:05 AM UPDATED 6 HOURS AGO
    Shock has raced through the ranks of One Nation this morning following a surprising election victory over the weekend, with leader Pauline Hanson surprising the world by converting to Islam after one bite of a sausage she didn’t realise was halal certified.

Reports suggest Hanson, who had been aggressively campaigning against halal certification, failed to check the certification status of the sausage sizzle at her local polling booth. Unfortunately for Hanson, all it took was one bite of that sweet halal-certified meat and she was immediately converted to a devout and practicing muslim.

“It’s obviously a shock,” one campaign advisor told The Backburner. “I thought we’d run a great campaign based entirely on fear of the other. We were working really well at succeeding by further marginalising Australians who already are regularly at the receiving end of abuse just from practising their religion. For this to happen now - it really messes up a lot of hard work.

"I mean, it seems to be working out fine for her. She was a little confused at first but it was something about that delicious taste of that certified meat that had her studying the Qu’ran later that morning.

“Really, I think it’s helped her. She was a particularly angry and hateful person and she seemed to have found peace and solace in religion. It’s a truly unexpected outcome but I guess we just need to count our blessings on this. It’s terrible for our campaign but we have to ask what’s best for her.

“It’s just a surprise. It’s not like we even believed the crap we were saying! We thought halal certification was essentially like an allergy notice. It’s letting people know that the food has been prepared in a certain way so that they’re able to meet it. Honestly, it didn’t really seem to affect anyone else outside of the people to whom it’s useful. I mean, I know there’s some conspiracy theory stuff but that all seemed pretty whacky. It seemed paying for halal certification was a good business decision because it opened up international markets. Well - at least - this is what I believed before I witnessed Pauline’s sudden transformation.

“Oh well, at least we will have some representation of the Islamic community in the senate. I guess that beats having an unrepentant racist who attempts to demean their very humanity. It’s a good result all-round, I guess.”

Y'all should move to Maitland. We got the Christian Democrats, Rise Up Australia and Citizens Electoral Council all making One Nation present as a more valid option. (Note: I'm a lefty parasite.)

how's that senate paper ffs though, absolutely struggled to get 6 boxes filled there with all the ghoulish monsters on it

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    I had a screaming child strapped to my chest trying to fill out the senate form, some cranky pensioner old woman next to me getting pissed off that said child was screaming

I think I ended up putting a number 4 in the box for the Illinois Nazi Party