Page 112 of 242 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    It's only a finger pointing exercise.
    Nowt will get solved.
    May as well chuck Pat O'Shane in the chair and really ram home how bad the white man is.
    Last edited by plague; 01-08-2016 at 03:13 PM.

1. Inquiries into indigenous affairs.
    2. Tax reform.
    3. Hyundai A-League football in the future reports.

Lump em all in together.
    Hand wringing horseshit at its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    congrats on the retirement Dunster.

what's the definition (and examples) of wage/non-wage goods? since you've got time on your hands.
    Nuclear Reactors, tanks, Jets, Ships, ICBM's.... and so on are non-wage goods. We use wage labour to create them but those that create the product more often than not will never purchase it.

Wage goods are things wage labour produces and purchases like food, drinks, clothing, cars, houses.....and so on.

The mathematical and statistical significance of all this is well beyond me though and better left to others with greater brain power.

So.....Census next week.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-0...census/7678198

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Count me in
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

How come they can get the census online, but can't do online voting for elections? Online elections would save so, so much money. I know someone who every election works as a vote counter, and she gets paid $42 an hour to do it!

I'm all for an online census, but my big question is why we have to wait until the night of August 9 and can't just do it when we please over the next week. Surely come next Tues night when we're all logging on to do the census, the servers are going to crash or be stupidly slow?? Sounds like a disaster in the making tbh. I've already got enough server issues with the fxxxing loading screen of Pokemon Go ffs (inb4 Jeterpool)!
    OK

This is your chance to make "Griffology" a documented religion btw!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    This is your chance to make "Griffology" a documented religion btw!
    Given that Griffo actually exists and has performed miracles wouldn't that disqualify him from being a documented religion ?

I mean we're all in consensus now that Sarah Hansen Young is the biggest ****wit of them all yeah?

What a clown.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I mean we're all in consensus now that Sarah Hansen Young is the biggest ****wit of them all yeah?

What a clown.

Looks like the Greens have called a special pre-census meeting

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post

Looks like the Greens have called a special pre-census meeting
    This is fantastic.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politi...14-gqsclh.html

Dickheads, oh they were from the Central Coast well I'm not really surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politi...14-gqsclh.html

Dickheads, oh they were from the Central Coast well I'm not really surprised.
    As shitful as the behaviour was, the continual linking of any thing like this to 'the resurgence of Pauline Hanson' is just as shitful.

Fairfax journo would have dead set run out of breath in the rush to print that headline.

As shitful as the behaviour was, the continual linking of any thing like this to 'the resurgence of Pauline Hanson' is just as shitful.

Fairfax journo would have dead set run out of breath in the rush to print that headline.
    True but I mean what is the world coming to when you can't be critical of another persons imaginary friend ?
    Last edited by The Dunster; 16-08-2016 at 12:03 PM.

Yeah look the protest was fine by me, whatever floats those dudes boats. But doing it inside and with the megaphone was a bit over the top.

Also in the vid there are some real nervous peeps up the back who got the hell out of dodge the first sign of trouble.

$10 says they thought a massacre was coming. Which I guess ain't real funny.

Yeah look the protest was fine by me, whatever floats those dudes boats. But doing it inside and with the megaphone was a bit over the top.

Also in the vid there are some real nervous peeps up the back who got the hell out of dodge the first sign of trouble.

$10 says they thought a massacre was coming. Which I guess ain't real funny.
    I was actually taking the piss. Trespass is a serious offence and should be dealt with accordingly.

Banned
    Interesting how the Pollies are trying to block the Adam and Steve plebiscite

Seems they want the voting done in Parliament where they can control what happens

If so many of the population are in favour of Adam and Steve getting married then what is there to be afraid of letting the people vote??

Or is it a case of the bullshit left agenda being completely full of shit that the people want same sex marriage??

I am thinking the polling on this isn't ****ing close to accurate and that's why the pollies are running scared of letting the people vote on it

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Interesting how the Pollies are trying to block the Adam and Steve plebiscite

Seems they want the voting done in Parliament where they can control what happens

If so many of the population are in favour of Adam and Steve getting married then what is there to be afraid of letting the people vote??

Or is it a case of the bullshit left agenda being completely full of shit that the people want same sex marriage??

I am thinking the polling on this isn't ****ing close to accurate and that's why the pollies are running scared of letting the people vote on it
    Because the party administering the plebiscite is being highjacked by the hard-right who dont want it to pass. Your Cristensens, Bernardis and the rest of their RWNJ cabal have already said that they dont intend to vote in favour of amending the Marriage Act regardless of the result of the plebiscite, and Lyle Shelton from the Religious Zealots Alliance is already lobbying to have the discrimination act watered down so he doesnt get done for hate speech during the leadup to the plebiscite. So a poisonous divisive campaign where a section of society will be demonised in all sorts of awful ways for weeks on end, and then at the end of it it can get vetoed down even if the majority of australians vote for it. All for the measly cost of $160m+.
    Yep, a bargain that.
    And lets not forget we wouldnt even need to amend the Marriage Act if little Johnny H didnt sneakily redefine it as "man and woman" in 2004. Didnt need a plebiscite for that, shouldnt need one to change it back. Get it out in the open and done in parliament with a free vote and move on ffs. Cant believe in this day and age that the vocal minority still manages to hijack the conversation in this country.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Because the party administering the plebiscite is being highjacked by the hard-right who dont want it to pass. Your Cristensens, Bernardis and the rest of their RWNJ cabal have already said that they dont intend to vote in favour of amending the Marriage Act regardless of the result of the plebiscite, and Lyle Shelton from the Religious Zealots Alliance is already lobbying to have the discrimination act watered down so he doesnt get done for hate speech during the leadup to the plebiscite. So a poisonous divisive campaign where a section of society will be demonised in all sorts of awful ways for weeks on end, and then at the end of it it can get vetoed down even if the majority of australians vote for it. All for the measly cost of $160m+.
    Yep, a bargain that.
    And lets not forget we wouldnt even need to amend the Marriage Act if little Johnny H didnt sneakily redefine it as "man and woman" in 2004. Didnt need a plebiscite for that, shouldnt need one to change it back. Get it out in the open and done in parliament with a free vote and move on ffs. Cant believe in this day and age that the vocal minority still manages to hijack the conversation in this country.
    They voted on it a few years back and it was rejected. In fact champions of the left Rudd and Gillard voted no (shorten and Turnbull voted yes). Stop making out one side of this debate is so damn righteous.

This isn't a simple left/right issue.

If Turnbull changes his mind then Shorten (rightfully) screams "broken election promise" just like Gillard and Abbott both copped, and look how those broken promises nailed their chances of hanging onto the top job.

Turnbull is trapped, and it's got nowt to do with Bernardi and the other nutters.

You are getting a plebiscite, so campaign for your side and scream louder for your team than the people you disagree with.