Page 12 of 242 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Besides, those big holes the mines leave will come in handy to bury all the bodies in once the New World Order* begins and targets the sick and poor.

*h/t Alex Jones @ Infowars

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Like I said - hate mining, hate newy.

And people reckon I'm the gypo round here SB smh ops:
    Last time I looked I'm north of Toronto and North of Swansea................gypo scum

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Jesus Skirt Boy, 12 months in the Fatherland and you've come back a darn Commie.
    Where's your next posting? North Korea?
    Meh I've always been a revolutionary commie. Hello, I'm a Windale lad who studies Fine Art.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    Last time I looked I'm north of Toronto and North of Swansea................gypo scum
    Location means sfa. We have guys in syd who can't get to games without driving through the coast.

Newy is a way of life son
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

**** labour, **** the conservatives, **** the greens, **** anyone on the ballot.

This is how I'll be filling in my voting forms.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post

**** labour, **** the conservatives, **** the greens, **** anyone on the ballot.

Oh, so you're voting for Julian Assange then.

Ill get my coat.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Oh, so you're voting for Julian Assange then.

Ill get my coat.
    Julian Assange??

FFS Plague the drawing is a perfect likeness of Tony Abbott FFS

My joke was funnier.

Way funnier.

they do not hate the mining industry. What they are doing is bringing Australia into line with most of the other nations in the world. Considering how much money the mining industry makes (Tinkler aside) it's only fair that this wealth is distributed more fairly to provide much needed funds for essential services and infrastructure.
    Labour surely cannot still believe they have done right by australia by introducing multiple taxes on the mining company.
    The mining industry isnt what it was a few years back, largely due to australian dollar and low export costs (which normally offset each other), but with these extra taxes the mining industry will never get back to its glory days and we must remember the australian economy is largely based mines. Not to mention the number of job loses due to mine closures

coalition for the newy way of life

Quote Originally Posted by true waterboy View Post
    coalition for the newy way of life
    Climate change dude.

Climate change is something to look into but without viable green options we have to remain pro coal.
    Unless u wanna go nuclear..... There is no other option

Climate change is something to look into but without viable green options we have to remain pro coal.
    simpsons.jpg

Wind or solar energy are viable alternatives. Furthermore any jobs lost in mining would be made up in manufacturing. Oh and mining accounts for less the 15% of the national economy.

Wind or solar energy are viable alternatives. Furthermore any jobs lost in mining would be made up in manufacturing. Oh and mining accounts for less the 15% of the national economy.
    WHOA! Don't go dropping truth bombs like that! Direct costs only or indirect costs included?

lol @ Abbott trying to answer questions on where the money is coming from without actually saying anything
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Oh and mining accounts for less the 15% of the national economy.
    According to Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy...tralia#Sectors) "the total mining sector is 19% of GDP". Also (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mining_...alia#Economics) "mineral exports contribute around 35% of Australia's exports".

Now SB I think you're getting a little confused. This whole topic started based around Newy. You're taking it to a much larger scale. The State of Newy is all we're caring about. And if you're Pro-Newy, you are Pro-Coal. This town was built based around mining - we are literally living in a giant coalfield.

Furthermore any jobs lost in mining would be made up in manufacturing.
    This may be a personal stab, and excuse me if it is - but you're in the photography/arts/etc industry, you're probably used to having a lot of friends/acquaintances in your industry without jobs. I have a lot of local (Newy/Hunter) friends/acquaintances in the mining industry - and I'm telling you that they're losing their jobs, and there's SFA manufacturing for them to fall back on. I have more than half a dozen friends that are more than acquaintances who have been working in the mining industry for quite some time, and are currently job-less. A couple of which are Jets fans, and can't afford season memberships. I have a few friends from Muswellbrook who have to travel down to the Coast for work because their pits in the valley are on Care&Maintanence or just stopped altogether. I've got local friends on the Lake whose pits are in C&M and are worried about losing their jobs.

Like I said - you live in a coalfield. Your home is a coalfield. If you're pro-Newy, you're pro-mining.

Alternative solutions sound great in the grand scheme - when my half a dozen mates are welding solar panels and fitting wind turbines, I'll probably be on that train too. But they're all sitting at home trimming their grass, not a job available in sight - Newy boys struggling. Support your fellow Newy boy - support mining.

#COALition
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    lol @ Abbott trying to answer questions on where the money is coming from without actually saying anything
    He should have ignored the rules like Rudd and brought notes in, hey
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    According to Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy...tralia#Sectors) "the total mining sector is 19% of GDP". Also (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mining_...alia#Economics) "mineral exports contribute around 35% of Australia's exports".

Now SB I think you're getting a little confused. This whole topic started based around Newy. You're taking it to a much larger scale. The State of Newy is all we're caring about. And if you're Pro-Newy, you are Pro-Coal. This town was built based around mining - we are literally living in a giant coalfield.

This may be a personal stab, and excuse me if it is - but you're in the photography/arts/etc industry, you're probably used to having a lot of friends/acquaintances in your industry without jobs. I have a lot of local (Newy/Hunter) friends/acquaintances in the mining industry - and I'm telling you that they're losing their jobs, and there's SFA manufacturing for them to fall back on. I have more than half a dozen friends that are more than acquaintances who have been working in the mining industry for quite some time, and are currently job-less. A couple of which are Jets fans, and can't afford season memberships. I have a few friends from Muswellbrook who have to travel down to the Coast for work because their pits in the valley are on Care&Maintanence or just stopped altogether. I've got local friends on the Lake whose pits are in C&M and are worried about losing their jobs.

Like I said - you live in a coalfield. Your home is a coalfield. If you're pro-Newy, you're pro-mining.

Alternative solutions sound great in the grand scheme - when my half a dozen mates are welding solar panels and fitting wind turbines, I'll probably be on that train too. But they're all sitting at home trimming their grass, not a job available in sight - Newy boys struggling. Support your fellow Newy boy - support mining.

#COALition
    I'm a boilermaker by trade so I'm fully aware of many of the issues facing the workers of Newcastle. In a way mineworkers have shot themselves in the foot. By chasing the high wages, they have effectively shut themselves out of the traditional manufacturing industry. Really is the lack of jobs for your mates really because there is no work or because they do not wish to work for 17-20 bucks an away in a factory?

Secondly, through government policy, subsidies the alternative renewable industry could make up for the loss jobs and eventually drive down costs of energy. We are a technologically advanced nation. Lets use this expertise NOW and become a world leader in the design and manufacturing of renewable energy.

It's time for Newcastle to become an advanced city and until we move forward and leave the past behind, we will always be at the mercy of the ****s in Macquarie Street and Canberra.