Page 125 of 242 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175225 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,500 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I think you'll find Trump is quite supportive of gay rights.

His running mate errrrr, not so much.
    Mike Spence is a nutter. He wants to put the US back on the gold standard and wants the sole focus of fiscal policy to be price stability and for the goal of full employment to be abandoned.

Pence also has no understanding of how spending equals income and has proposed that the minimum wage is too high. That either makes him an idiot who doesn't understand the role of consumption spending in creating income, or it makes him that understands that by restricting net spending in aggregate you can force the non-government sector [business and households] to spend more than the earn - creating the demand for credit / borrowing from banks.

If Trump doesn't get rid of this bloke - nothing will ever get done.

I saw the Pence thing as a really weird appointment.

Not sure what sort of weirdos he was going to appeal to that Trump hadn't already secured.

I think you'll find Trump is quite supportive of gay rights.

His running mate errrrr, not so much.
    You've got that right. In 2013, Pence signed a bill that would put gay people in jail just for applying for a marriage license...

He also advocated for diverting taxpayer dollars to a so-called "gay conversion" therapy, which involved the use of electroshock therapy to electrocute gay children into heterosexual behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by steve136 View Post
    You've got that right. In 2013, Pence signed a bill that would put gay people in jail just for applying for a marriage license...

He also advocated for diverting taxpayer dollars to a so-called "gay conversion" therapy, which involved the use of electroshock therapy to electrocute gay children into heterosexual behaviour.
    yeah i read that shit and legit wondered how the hell these people even exist in 2016.
    not that i think Trump will listen to many people anyway but this ****tard gonna be given the valet parking job or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Trump apparently supports gay rights but would also, according to Pence during the campaign, be repealing SSM if he won office.
    So again, not so much.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Trump apparently supports gay rights but would also, according to Pence during the campaign, be repealing SSM if he won office.
    So again, not so much.
    Fortunately, Trump can't do much about SSM, as the president can’t overturn a Supreme Court decision by himself...although he could of course appoint more conservative justices. Even then, the chance that the high court would reverse itself is very small, especially given that same-sex marriage has steadily gained in public approval.

Trump could try to reverse some Obama administration rulings that favoured same-sex couples on issues such as federal benefits. He hasn’t suggested that he would. And if he did, his decisions could be challenged in court.

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    So again, not so much.
    same behaviour as Wong, Gillard, Rudd etc back in the day.

they weren't quite monsters.

id bet really really good money Trump leaves SSM right where it is.

edit: Pence aint getting a say in anything here. Trump is now one of the most powerful people in the world, he aint getting dictated to by some hick that no one voted for.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

oh, just by the way if you're wondering why Clinton got the ass and why Gillard was so despised.

From 2006-14 The Australian government (using taxpayer dollars) contributed over $430m to the Clinton foundation and affiliated endeavours.
    Whilst PM Gillard wrote them a cheque for $300m for their 'Global Partnership for Education'.

Well guess who is now the chairman for the 'Global Partnership for Education'?

go on

go on please have a guess.

yep, Julia Gillard.

You guys still all blaming Tony Abbott looking at his watch for her getting shafted?

She is a crook just like the rest of them.

Equality at work my friends.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by steve136 View Post
    Fortunately, Trump can't do much about SSM, as the president can’t overturn a Supreme Court decision by himself...although he could of course appoint more conservative justices. Even then, the chance that the high court would reverse itself is very small, especially given that same-sex marriage has steadily gained in public approval.

Trump could try to reverse some Obama administration rulings that favoured same-sex couples on issues such as federal benefits. He hasn’t suggested that he would. And if he did, his decisions could be challenged in court.
    Yeah i tend to agree here. He's got 2 years to get in and get the bills passed that he campaigned on whilst they have control of the system.
    Hes not that dumb that he's going to pick unnecessary fights, especially on social issues like that.

People want to hate on pollies for discrimination, look no further than Shorten for blocking the plebiscite.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Trump wont beat the NRA or is he their leader already

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Trump wont beat the NRA or is he their leader already
    Gun control wasn't an issue during the election. Some states passed bills on Election Day but until there's a national policy it's pointless.

The Donald will skate on this one, and the NRA can save their bribe money.

And that's a win-win folks (well, except for all those murdered school kiddies etc)

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Gun control wasn't an issue during the election. Some states passed bills on Election Day but until there's a national policy it's pointless.

The Donald will skate on this one, and the NRA can save their bribe money.

And that's a win-win folks (well, except for all those murdered school kiddies etc)
    Huh? Guns were a big issue for Trump, he brought it up at most rallies and said he would do everything in his power to preserve the second amendment. He also pledged to rip up Obama's executive orders, some of which were put in place to foreshadow legislation to change gun laws.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

On reflection, you've got to agree that there is to be a lot more to this result than just racism and fear mongering - although that undoubtedly played a big role for many voters.

The points about people being fed up with the political class are totally correct. This rejection is happening all over the world. Mind you, it is often led by and lapped up by middle-aged white people who don't like the increasingly progressive world we are living in.

Those who speak about the silent majority, the group we often laugh off as being non-existent, are probably on the money. The majority of Americans, Brits and Australians are white, middle-aged people, who have a problem with the world changing from the one they grew up in. It's totally understandable, looking at it from their perspective.

Large sections of the media are filled with younger, forward-thinking people and there is a deep mistrust of the mainstream media in the States. So much of the rhetoric around the election on social media was literally made up by some conspiracy theorist in a dark room, but the people lapped it up.

America has always been a very insular nation. Although it has global ambitions, at the end of the day its people only really care about themselves and their country. It's also a very religious, conservative and contrasting nation, especially in regards to wealth and most importantly education.

All credible reports show that 'real America', the one you don't see on the postcards and in your Instagram feed, is hurting. The people wanted a change and saw Hillary as more of the same, even though the president has little power over what's effecting them most.

Now whether Donald Trump is the man for the job is a totally different story. In my opinion, he is a disaster and will undoubtedly drop nearly all of his 'policies' within weeks of taking office because most of them are impossible to put into action. The fact he won is still almost unimaginable.

The people who say that anyone would be better than Hillary really need to give their head a wobble.

Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Yeah sorry Parksey I meant to say that gun control wasn't an issue between the two candidates.
    Both defended the 2nd amendment. Hillary said some shit on twitter but never really had an alternate policy.

I didn't articulate my point that well.

I also agree on your second post, especially the part about him not bringing in too many of his more radical policies. I think he'all be better than expected (yes, with expectations being pretty damned low).

On reflection, you've got to agree that there is to be a lot more to this result than just racism and fear mongering - although that undoubtedly played a big role for many voters.

The points about people being fed up with the political class are totally correct. This rejection is happening all over the world. Mind you, it is often led by and lapped up by middle-aged white people who don't like the increasingly progressive world we are living in.

Those who speak about the silent majority, the group we often laugh off as being non-existent, are probably on the money. The majority of Americans, Brits and Australians are white, middle-aged people, who have a problem with the world changing from the one they grew up in. It's totally understandable, looking at it from their perspective.

Large sections of the media are filled with younger, forward-thinking people and there is a deep mistrust of the mainstream media in the States. So much of the rhetoric around the election on social media was literally made up by some conspiracy theorist in a dark room, but the people lapped it up.

America has always been a very insular nation. Although it has global ambitions, at the end of the day its people only really care about themselves and their country. It's also a very religious, conservative and contrasting nation, especially in regards to wealth and most importantly education.

All credible reports show that 'real America', the one you don't see on the postcards and in your Instagram feed, is hurting. The people wanted a change and saw Hillary as more of the same, even though the president has little power over what's effecting them most.

Now whether Donald Trump is the man for the job is a totally different story. In my opinion, he is a disaster and will undoubtedly drop nearly all of his 'policies' within weeks of taking office because most of them are impossible to put into action. The fact he won is still almost unimaginable.

The people who say that anyone would be better than Hillary really need to give their head a wobble.
    Hillary is a joke Parksey. She is absolutely clueless when it comes to jobs - and that's what America needs - Jobs and lots of them.
    Trump came to the table with a job creation plan - Hillary didn't - it's that simple.
    The deficit doves won't let Trump do what he wants for fear of upsetting the Wall Street Illuminati - but at least he had a go I guess.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 12-11-2016 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Hillary is a joke Parksey. She is absolutely clueless when it comes to jobs - and that's what America needs - Jobs and lots of them.
    Trump came to the table with a job creation plan - Hillary didn't - it's that simple.
    The deficit doves won't let Trump do what he wants for fear of upsetting the Wall Street Illuminati - but at least he had a go I guess.
    Yeah because Trump is going to bring back the manufacturing industry to the US

I half agree with you though - Trump did identify an issue (job creation) that resonated with voters, while Clinton did not. Trump has not proposed any meaningful solutions in my eyes though. Sure, he can put his 45% tariff on imports from China, but good luck explaining to all his Trumpeters in Texas why it costs 3 times as much to buy a tv now. Additionally, his proposed cut on the H1B visa to create more jobs for Americans is ridiculous - Americans don't have the skills to step into these jobs (think tech companies, Silicon Valley et al)

lol, no wonder the jets are fkd. The leftard mentality on here still making lgbti the major issue which a flick of a pen could fix btw.

NRA, guns, employment, poverty, organised crime, DV, effective world leadership just might need an intiatial overhaul but what would I know. Ill just get the striped paint im sure your brushes are ready.
    Last edited by hawk; 12-11-2016 at 09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    lol, no wonder the jets are fkd. The leftard mentality on here still making lgbti the major issue which a flick of a pen could fix btw.

NRA, guns, employment, poverty, organised crime, DV, effective world leadership just might need an intiatial overhaul but what would I know. Ill just get the striped paint im sure your brushes are ready.
    The funniest thing is the pen has already been flicked in Murica
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    The funniest thing is the pen has already been flicked in Murica
    yep
    Last edited by hawk; 12-11-2016 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    What is his plan? I've barely heard anything about his policies. He said he wants to rebuild infrastructure and bring back manufacturing; well where is the money going to come from? And manufacturing is gone, can't bring it back when people have been replaced by robots.

If Hillary is a joke then I don't know what that makes Trump.