Page 128 of 242 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178228 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,560 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    The following quote appeared at the top of the page of the article in question:

Now listen, if thats the way you want to consume your journalism, then thats on you.

What i am saying is that if you are going to believe this report, then you need to give the same credence to Obamas birth certificate, to Clintons peadophile ring, the dude in the car shot JFK, Hoover organised MLK's shooting and Ben Kennedy done 9/11.

Again, if thats your boogie then fine.

Now this one entertains me. So having a cordial relationship with another super power is a bad thing? Yep, sounds fair. You do realise that if he "talked tough" on Russia then everyone would be like "BHHUUUHHH TRUMP IS A COWBOY WAR MONGER MORON BHHHUUUHHH". you know, kind of like he's doing with Mexico and China.

Id bet good money that USA, Russia, China, Japan, Australia and Indonesia all engage in significant intelligence gathering by means that would be unethical. But (a Trump led) USA is now supposed to behave differently? Amazing that its an issue now, as opposed to ya know, 2 years ago.

and one more thing.

The twitter stuff. ummm, its Twitter. You go put your moral compass on it. Im good thanks. Hey man, at least his twitter feed is verified, which is better than all the other stuff you're tying your horse to.
    Ah the Obama birth certificate - aka the "very credible" phone call that Trump received. I am at this stage unsure of the validity of the report, but excuse me for giving more credence to documents published by US intelligence services than a magical late night anonymous chat with the Don. As for him siding with Russia over US intelligence - just listen to his press conference today. He clearly believes that his own countries intelligence is less reliably than a statement from Putin.

The huge irony is when Comey announced the FBI was "reopening" their investigation into Clinton right before the election, they were sitting on this information about Trump. Gotta love the director of the FBI playing party politics...

Yes, it is bad when a President puts more faith in foreign entities than in his own nation's systems and intelligence.

His tweet refuting "fake news" aka CNN, Washington Post, New York Times - provides a link to lifezette to defend himself...a known fake news site.

Actually Steve-O, been wondering this for a bit.
    Do you believe in God?
    Straight up question, yes or no.
    What you got?
    C12fhWMXEAARDx6.jpg
    Last edited by steve136; 12-01-2017 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    Superb.

And on the whole intelligence thing - misinformation is as crucial as the truth. American agencies are world class at this

Quote Originally Posted by steve136 View Post
    Ah the Obama birth certificate - aka the "very credible" phone call that Trump received. I am at this stage unsure of the validity of the report, but excuse me for giving more credence to documents published by US intelligence services than a magical late night anonymous chat with the Don.

The huge irony is when Comey announced the FBI was "reopening" their investigation into Clinton right before the election, they were sitting on this information about Trump. Gotta love the director of the FBI playing party politics...

hold up hold up, wayne a little minute here.

So are the federal agencies 'playing politics' or are they legit good and we can trust everything they say?

because you seem fine with the Trump stuff, but not cool with the Hillary stuff.

As I said, the Trump 'phone call from a guy' is the same as the Buzzfeed guy 'got a report'.

Believe one, believe them all i say.

for me, i hope the piss party story is true because it means Hawk is that much closer to being the PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

hold up hold up, wayne a little minute here.

So are the federal agencies 'playing politics' or are they legit good and we can trust everything they say?

because you seem fine with the Trump stuff, but not cool with the Hillary stuff.

As I said, the Trump 'phone call from a guy' is the same as the Buzzfeed guy 'got a report'.

Believe one, believe them all i say.

for me, i hope the piss party story is true because it means Hawk is that much closer to being the PM.
    I'd rather believe them all - I'm not a Hillary fan in the slightest. But to be fair, reporting documents that the CIA and M16 have compiled is slightly more reliable than an imaginary phone call. I'd rather the intelligence agencies, before an election, release/not release information they have about both candidates rather than just choosing to slander one side.

As for his piss party, I'm not that interested in his fetishes and it shouldn't really matter. What happens between him and Ivanka should stay behind closed doors.

But to be fair, reporting documents that the CIA and M16 have compiled
    yeah see im a bit confused about this.

i mena, the guy that reported it wasn't from those organisations, the bloke he got it off was from those organisations, and every further back is just here say isn't it?

im serious, thats how I've read it. Has anyone official stood behind it yet?
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

yeah see im a bit confused about this.

i mena, the guy that reported it wasn't from those organisations, the bloke he got it off was from those organisations, and every further back is just here say isn't it?

im serious, thats how I've read it. Has anyone official stood behind it yet?
    My understanding from what I've read is this -

The document that everybody is talking about is a 35 page report that was instigated by a political opposition research firm, that was hired by both Republican candidates running against Trump and the Democratic Party. They came across some shady shit between Trump and Russia, with regards to business dealings. The firm hired former M16 agent Christopher Steele, who had numerous dealings in Russia and had sources there to investigate. Steele made his report (the 35 page document) and gave the information to the FBI. It was circulating in other areas in Washington too, and John McCain has also admitted he passed a copy of the information onto intelligence agencies.

Buzzfeed also somehow came across the document (not surprising...Buzzfeed is known to have some of the best investigative journalists around - the whole team got poached by CNN a year or so back) and decided to publish it with disclaimers acknowledging they don't know about its veracity. The CIA and FBI both are believed to think that at least some of the information in the report is true.

I think that's where it's at for now. Could be wrong though.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Steve is right there.

You can definitely question the morality and ethics of Buzzfeed for publishing the documents without being able to substantiate its veracity.

But it's seemingly been doing the rounds in Washington and looks to have some pretty solid backing.

Plague is just a Trump apologist.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

But it's seemingly been doing the rounds in Washington and looks to have some pretty solid backing.

Plague is just a Trump apologist.
    so you guys are cool with Bill Shorten getting dragged out into the light over those persistent rape allegations?
    Because i saw a whole bunch of media holding back on the grounds of lack of substance.

and alas there was nowt more to be said on the matter.

Apologist? im not sure on that, but i definitely am curious as to why we seem to apply our sensibilities liberally when it suits.

am happy to let you guys decide on my leanings. But theres no way in hell i would have voted for either of them in that last election.

I just think that America has been heading towards this day a long long time. Its time for them to take their medicine.

i cheer for chaos, and for anarchy.
    Last edited by plague; 12-01-2017 at 11:32 PM.
    Seems like I am WRONG

and decided to publish it with disclaimers acknowledging they don't know about its veracity.
    i mean this is the only bit that im really railing against.
    i think this type of reporting is really really scary.
    again, i don't care if he has a piss party, but id like it to be a little more researched before being exposed.

also again, Gillard gives Clinton foundation $300m from Australia then 2 years later scores a plum job in the organisation.

how many of the same press doing cartwheels over trump spent 5 mins on this?

again, happy for journos to apply that blow torch, but you gotta keep going even when you don't like the smell its making.
    Seems like I am WRONG

i definitely am curious as to why we seem to apply our sensibilities liberally when it suits.
    A fxxxing men.

^ The biggest thing I struggle with when in the leftist hive mind that is facebook
    OK

But for serious guys.. Meryl Streep said something at some thing and we should all jump aboard the hype train toot toot
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    A fxxxing men.

^ The biggest thing I struggle with when in the leftist hive mind that is facebook
    to be fair though the left thinks hashtags will fix the worlds problems and the right thinks God will.

either way theres a fair bit of shoulder shrugging when things don't go to plan.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    But for serious guys.. Meryl Streep said something at some thing and we should all jump aboard the hype train toot toot
    Streep exercised her freedom of speech and im cool with that.
    Trump exercised his and im cool with that.

serious though this line from Meryl was legit hilarious (emphasis mine):
    Thank you, Hollywood Foreign Press. Just to pick up on what Hugh Laurie said: You and all of us in this room really belong to the most vilified segments in American society right now.
    I mean, thats straight from the script to Team America isn't it?
    Seems like I am WRONG

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    so you guys are cool with Bill Shorten getting dragged out into the light over those persistent rape allegations?
    Because i saw a whole bunch of media holding back on the grounds of lack of substance.

and alas there was nowt more to be said on the matter.

Apologist? im not sure on that, but i definitely am curious as to why we seem to apply our sensibilities liberally when it suits.

am happy to let you guys decide on my leanings. But theres no way in hell i would have voted for either of them in that last election.

I just think that America has been heading towards this day a long long time. Its time for them to take their medicine.

i cheer for chaos, and for anarchy.
    A quick google search will provide you with several pieces detailing those Shorten allegations. Enjoy.

And yes, Trump is exactly what America deserves but far from what the world needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

to be fair though the left thinks hashtags will fix the worlds problems and the right thinks God will.

either way theres a fair bit of shoulder shrugging when things don't go to plan.
    Difference being I don't frequent a right hive mind
    OK

serious though this line from Meryl was legit hilarious (emphasis mine):

I mean, thats straight from the script to Team America isn't it?
    I basically spat out my coffee when I heard that part

My favourite part was the camera panning to Vince Vaughan who was clearly not eating it all up like all the other people were
    OK

A bit more information on the author of the dossier Plague. Worth the read.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...P=share_btn_tw

http://deadspin.com/the-spy-who-comp...ium=socialflow

brought down your mate blatter too ay plague

A quick google search will provide you with several pieces detailing those Shorten allegations. Enjoy.
    you mean the mainstream press' articles overwhelmingly written from the side of Shorten?
    Maybe you need to read up on who published those articles and how many statements they have from the alleged victim, or any statements or interviews with the three (alleged) witnesses or even any sort of detail as to what happened vs the articles you are referring to being about the charges being dropped.

and of you honestly think that the same level of airtime/column width was given to Shorten as was given to Trump then i can't do anything for you.

I mean, where was Australias version of Meryl Streep........(i guess thats Georgie Parker?) speaking out on behalf of womens rights and the white male privilege that enslaves our community?

now getting back to my point. I hated that the Shorten stuff was out there, because it was gossip and it was unfounded and it was investigated and it was dealt with.
    I also hated the world breathlessly bemoaning the end of civilisation overtime Trump said anything.

You guys can yell at me all the same but there are certain people who attract way more scrutiny than others. I just find it weird as to why.

I like that we agree on this outcome being inevitable. A big part of me wants Trump to fail just to avoid other countries (mostly our own) falling into some sort of 'Australias got talent' style act to become PM.
    Because we kind of went there with Rudd, and I def got sucked in and voted for it. and to a lesser extent Hanson is doing it but not on the same level.

Hopefully never again.
    Seems like I am WRONG