Page 129 of 242 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,580 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by steve136 View Post
    A bit more information on the author of the dossier Plague. Worth the read.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...P=share_btn_tw

ok cheers for this.

but.

aside from sending me a guardian article (thank Griff my hippy filter is working well) from what i can gather the article praised the author, and vouched for the author. but i couldn't find anywhere that the claims themselves are being verified, and thats my problem.

also, it seems at the time he himself wasn't on an official capacity within the (govt) intelligence community. He had his own private company. Again, this is one further level of separation from the actual claims.

but again, i don't knock your belief in the source, and i certainly can't/or won't claim they 'are' false, and i have no problem with you believing them. i don't, and i am sceptical on everything (hence my question on God).

but man, its a very very frail connection at best. id love to see something more concrete.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    http://deadspin.com/the-spy-who-comp...ium=socialflow

brought down your mate blatter too ay plague

well there you have it.
    conclusive proof that this 'spy' is a fraud.

as if Sepp was up to no good.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

for me, i hope the piss party story is true because it means Hawk is that much closer to being the PM.
    If this occurs McD Jones stadium will be getting beds, full strength beer and leg spread champers plus lucky door prizes for all who attend games.

ok cheers for this.

but.

aside from sending me a guardian article (thank Griff my hippy filter is working well) from what i can gather the article praised the author, and vouched for the author. but i couldn't find anywhere that the claims themselves are being verified, and thats my problem.

also, it seems at the time he himself wasn't on an official capacity within the (govt) intelligence community. He had his own private company. Again, this is one further level of separation from the actual claims.

but again, i don't knock your belief in the source, and i certainly can't/or won't claim they 'are' false, and i have no problem with you believing them. i don't, and i am sceptical on everything (hence my question on God).

but man, its a very very frail connection at best. id love to see something more concrete.
    So what you are saying is that Trump has a prostate problem and is not capable of participating in water sports ?

Being serious though I'm going to be shattered if the stories are not true and will probably unsubscribe from Trumps twitter feed in protest.

Slightly different scenario but at what stage would you have assumed Harris, Saville, Cosby, and the bloke from Hey Dad were up to no good? I mean rumours were floating around about Harris, Saville, and Cosby for well over 30 years - and the Hey Day rumours well over 20 years.

Sometimes people are set up but other times where there is smoke there is fire. At what stage do people start accepting things ?

Certainly not after a court case - look at OJ. There were only 12 people in the world who thought he was innocent and five billion that thought otherwise.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 14-01-2017 at 09:28 AM.

How about Meryl Streep Versus the MMA fraternity ? She said it's not a part of the arts and the MMA have said that they are because they have the word art in their title.
    More proof I guess that MMA fighters and commentators need to wear head gear.
    Boxing has been referred to as the sweet science. So according to MMA logic MIT and Cal tech should have a boxing gym and indeed a boxing course within their sciences faculties.
    Don't get me wrong I think Streep is a complete idiot - but MMA is a sport not an art just like boxing is a sport not a science. There may be scientific aspects of boxing and artistic aspects of MMA but that doesn't mean they are not ultimately still sports.
    With respect to Streep calling what she does art I'd be more inclined to call it entertainment given that the sole purpose of what she does is to make money.
    The great artists in most cases never make a dime in their lives and those that do often squander it or die under tragic circumstances often of their own doing.
    Overall though, Streep has probably done more to promote MMA than she has to degrade it. Dana White would have shot a load when Streep made the comment.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 14-01-2017 at 09:46 AM.

ok cheers for this.

but.

I see what you're saying. With regards to the connections between Trump and Russia that particularly concern me though, there appears to be more and more evidence mounting. This at the very least requires a congressional investigation to some kind of treason.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/ba462...um=AP_Politics (I agree the Guardian is hippy sh*t most of the time so I figured you'd appreciate AP a little more)

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Slightly different scenario but at what stage would you have assumed Harris, Saville, Cosby, and the bloke from Hey Dad were up to no good? I mean rumours were floating around about Harris, Saville, and Cosby for well over 30 years - and the Hey Day rumours well over 20 years.
    Yes this is a great point.
    I guess they only came to light when the 'victim' of the crime had the strength to speak out and the 'media' finally decided to believe them.

Again, with Trump, once someone directly connected goes on the record I guess it's going to just tread water.

Just on the Hey Dad one I'm still shocked that kid spoke out and never let up. Knowing full well her life was was going to get trashed and the justice system is ****ed ('sup OJ?).

Council should put a sunblock in if they cared about the people

It's finally official.
    President Trump.
    God bless America.

this was Trump making his speech and riding his motorcade.

It was one of the best WWE promos I've ever seen.
    Seems like I am WRONG

oh this photo of Bill checking out Ivanka and Melania turning up is the greatest thing I've ever seen.
    Seems like I am WRONG

It's finally official.
    President Trump.
    God bless America.
    A truly historic day for all those out there that struggle with basic sentence structure.

Don't know if there's ever been a more poetic moment than rain starting to pour down the second Drumpf starts speaking

A truly historic day for all those out there that struggle with basic sentence structure.
    Heheheh.
    Keep missing the whole point of this you guys.
    It's fantastic to watch.

Heheheh.
    Keep missing the whole point of this you guys.
    It's fantastic to watch.
    Honestly, it hurts more that the man was still campaigning in his inauguration speech. Does he not understand he has to be President now and can't campaign anymore?

We will now witness a war on renewable energy, health insurance, equality and the middle class like never before (already reversed Obama's mortgage fee cuts...really helping the *little guy*). We will now witness an absolute abortion of a cabinet - who have displayed no expertise of their fields in their congressional hearings and only got their roles because their families donated hundreds of millions to the Republican Party. So much for draining the swamp. We will now witness an anti-intellectual movement on a scale we have never seen before. We will now witness conflicts of interest on a scale never before seen in the White House.

Oh but hey a big, expensive wall that sounds cool right and he said we'll win. Let's vote for this old, crazy corporatist...

Which part of the fact that millions more voted for Clinton than did for Trump is hard for conservatives to comprehend? In the free market place of ideas, he lost. Sure, politically that means nothing, but don't pretend like his ideas and concepts have won.
    Last edited by steve136; 21-01-2017 at 10:05 AM.

Honestly, it hurts more that the man was still campaigning in his inauguration speech. Does he not understand he has to be President now and can't campaign anymore?

We will now witness a war on renewable energy, health insurance, equality and the middle class like never before (already reversed Obama's mortgage fee cuts...really helping the *little guy*). We will now witness an absolute abortion of a cabinet - who have displayed no expertise of their fields in their congressional hearings and only got their roles because their families donated hundreds of millions to the Republican Party. So much for draining the swamp. We will now witness an anti-intellectual movement on a scale we have never seen before. We will now witness conflicts of interest on a scale never before seen in the White House.

Oh but hey a big, expensive wall that sounds cool right and he said we'll win. Let's vote for this old, crazy corporatist...

Which part of the fact that millions more voted for Clinton than did for Trump is hard for conservatives to comprehend? In the free market place of ideas, he lost. Sure, politically that means nothing, but don't pretend like his ideas and concepts have won.
    Oh man, straight from the Lena Dunham manifesto. Well played. Hope that Canadian real estate ain't too expensive.

Amazing that the utopia that the USA has been living in for the past 8 years has now been immediately destroyed,

Race riots, terror attacks, mass shootings, hate crimes, school shootings, budget blowouts, Yep, none of those the past 8 years but look out here they come and it's all Trumps fault.

Of course it is.

Oh man, straight from the Lena Dunham manifesto. Well played. Hope that Canadian real estate ain't too expensive.

Amazing that the utopia that the USA has been living in for the past 8 years has now been immediately destroyed,

Race riots, terror attacks, mass shootings, hate crimes, school shootings, budget blowouts, Yep, none of those the past 8 years but look out here they come and it's all Trumps fault.

Of course it is.
    Ehh couldn't dislike Dunham more if I tried - a typical Hillary third wave feminist.

You're straw manning my argument. Bad things have happened and will always happen, and much of this is outside the President's control. Obama was not perfect. Clinton was not a good candidate. None of that is really on the table anymore.

What is on the table is Trump immediately reversing mortgage fee cuts, removing all information about climate change and anything concerning LGBTQ from the White House website, and promising to crack down on freedom of speech through reducing restrictions on police. I suppose if you've been ignoring the writing on the wall you can see plain as day where this administration is going.

Bad things have happened and will always happen, and much of this is outside the President's control.
    See this is the one i have a hard time understanding. When bad things happen we can absolve our guy because he doesnt have ultimate control, yet we believe Trump all of a sudden has ultimate control to do all these bad things? Im not how that line of thinking works.

Speaking of these 'bad things'.......
    What is on the table is Trump immediately reversing mortgage fee cuts
    errr you mean the ones that Obama land mined for Trump in his last few weeks in office? Obamas 'cuts' were never there during his presidency, and therefore helped no one. Trump repealed legislation designed to make him look bad by a petty ex-president*.

*and yes of course Obama isn't the only President to leave land mines for incoming Presidents.

removing all information about climate change and anything concerning LGBTQ from the White House website,
    again, cheeky, and pretty much false. All content from Obamas time in the White House gets transferred to his own archive (they rename it "obamawhitehouse.org or something). The official whitehouse.org site gets blanked and all new content starts again. He's been in office less than a day. Apparently the first blog post that went up was about energy policy so maybe we should all read that first.

ok, and just on climate change. Trump is an lumbering oaf who screams loudly and dumbly on this issue. but on the other side of the fence the likes of our very own Tim Flannery scream loudly and dumbly as well. Somewhere in the middle is probably a very sensible and sustainable policy, but as we all know the boring, measured approach gets no traction in the media. We can all only hope that something is done. But I can't sit here and act like Trump, Gore, or Flannery are all knowing and correct.

and promising to crack down on freedom of speech through reducing restrictions on police. I suppose if you've been ignoring the writing on the wall you can see plain as day where this administration is going.
    ok you're gonna have to help me out on this one. I can't really find any 'crack down' on free speech out there. Do you have any specific examples? id love to know what you're referring to here.
    Last edited by plague; 21-01-2017 at 11:51 AM.
    Seems like I am WRONG

I love the internet. i really really love it.

Donald Trump officially became president today, and in an inaugural address he promised many things, some of which may sound familiar, because they were directly lifted from the D.C. comics villain Bane.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Which part of the fact that millions more voted for Clinton than did for Trump is hard for conservatives to comprehend?

Probably as hard as GVE thinking the Jets won all those games they played because they had more possession, shots on target and corners.
    Its an irrelevant topic, and one thats been discussed and explained to the sore Hillary supporters time and time and time again.

The electoral college is the system. they are the rules.
    Seems like I am WRONG