Page 131 of 242 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,620 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Stop spying on me Plague.
    legit i thought you were so old that you are now just a brain in a jar connected to some cables and a Steven Hawking type speech box shit going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    smoking pot and wearing a doors t-shirt isn't enough to alarm you?
    What the fvck is wrong with that? haha

listen for all this talk about free thinkers, and education, and capitalism, and unions, its important to note that 99% of the worlds population can't even peel a banana the right way* so regardless of what we do the chimps are gonna win so we may as well all hail Caesar and accept our fate.

*this is a true and correct thing
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Found an interesting article last week on the Rolling Stone website. I think it was written back in like 2010, Dunster probably knows the one. All about how pervasive Goldman Sachs are in big wig city in USA but the rest of the world too and how they have been the architects of every big depression/crash since the great depression and lined their pockets massively while doing so. I hadn't heard before about it going that far back, and the other interesting one was that they are also (apparently) behind the high oil prices of the last 10 years, driving investors into resources and commodities after the GFC as they were supposedly safer. This article reckoned at one point each barrel of oil would have been traded 9 times amongst speculators before it made its way to the consumer. This increased "false" demand led to higher prices for consumers despite lower physical demand and increased production. Fairly lengthy read but it was pretty interesting and certainly gave me some more insight into some of what you have said Dunster about how truly ****ed up the world is in terms of functioning only to serve the elite few.

edit - Plague, should note I found the link to the article in a hippy land Guardian comments section, in an article about how Trump was screwing America again. [More specifically his "draining the swamp" was bullshit as he is selecting more ex- Goldman Sachs employees for his staff. Apparently 4/5 last treasurers have previously worked for the firm]

Figured i may as well link it for anyone interested to save them the trouble http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...chine-20100405
    Last edited by Macca; 23-01-2017 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Found an interesting article last week on the Rolling Stone website. I think it was written back in like 2010, Dunster probably knows the one. All about how pervasive Goldman Sachs are in big wig city in USA but the rest of the world too and how they have been the architects of every big depression/crash since the great depression and lined their pockets massively while doing so. I hadn't heard before about it going that far back, and the other interesting one was that they are also (apparently) behind the high oil prices of the last 10 years, driving investors into resources and commodities after the GFC as they were supposedly safer. This article reckoned at one point each barrel of oil would have been traded 9 times amongst speculators before it made its way to the consumer. This increased "false" demand led to higher prices for consumers despite lower physical demand and increased production. Fairly lengthy read but it was pretty interesting and certainly gave me some more insight into some of what you have said Dunster about how truly ****ed up the world is in terms of functioning only to serve the elite few.

edit - Plague, should note I found the link to the article in a hippy land Guardian comments section, in an article about how Trump was screwing America again. [More specifically his "draining the swamp" was bullshit as he is selecting more ex- Goldman Sachs employees for his staff. Apparently 4/5 last treasurers have previously worked for the firm]

Figured i may as well link it for anyone interested to save them the trouble http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...chine-20100405
    i also am concerned with Trumps ability to 'drain the swamp' whilst filling his cabinet with the filth from the very same swamp. all i say is that he will be judged on his ability to live up to his promises. Thats how the system works. if he fails he's out on his ass. but my problem is that people have given up already. im willing to let it play out.

one thing that Trump has hinted at (and already used) is his govt leverage in these bailout negotiations. the two big 'public' faces of the GFC in America was the banking sector and the car industry. Trump is saying that in the future if you want the Govt to save your company, then you are going to give the Govt something back. Bush/Obama just handed over money and let the idiots do whatever they wanted (and your article points out why that happened). If Trump can get a better deal then great.

again, im not sure if Trump can do it, but America was of the opinion that Hillary definitely wouldnt.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Yeah all in all. Despite me thinking he's a complete moron (right or wrong) I don't really care too strongly on him being Pres, and I think all the people over here in Aus who are saying its the end of the world etc etc need to wake up to themselves a bit. There are plenty of idiotic politicians over here too. But it also comes down to us judging off public portrayals. Bush is widely regarded is an idiot, but I've seen a few videos where people make the case that he was actually a genius, just not a good public speaker / personable.

I too am interested to see how it plays out. I just hope that all the leftie outrage has been storm in a teacup stuff, because there is potential for it to go very badly.

The Press Secretary coming out and gaslighting the public early isn't a good look though. Why is Trump so sensitive that he sends him out to blatantly lie to the public and make up figures that were immediately discredited by the companies that actually hold them (Metro System operators for one)?

Then today Trump's counselor Conway comes out and says they weren't lying - just using "alternative facts". Kim-Jong Trump needs to be fact checked at every turn.

I'm re-reading 1984 at the moment and the parallels are uncanny.

yeah look as I've said before the silver lining is that if it goes as bad as it could go, it may teach voters everywhere to actually judge a candidate on their ability, rather than the fluff and bubble everyone is falling for. im talking Rudd, Turnbull etc all came in on a platform of personality rather than policy. id love all pollies to be anonymous and boring and just get the job done. pure fantasy i know.
    Seems like I am WRONG

id love all pollies to be anonymous and boring and just get the job done. pure fantasy i know.
    We're a little lucky in Australia that all our politicians have the charisma of a wet paper bag.

Quote Originally Posted by steve136 View Post
    The Press Secretary coming out and gaslighting the public early isn't a good look though. Why is Trump so sensitive that he sends him out to blatantly lie to the public and make up figures that were immediately discredited by the companies that actually hold them (Metro System operators for one)?

Then today Trump's counselor Conway comes out and says they weren't lying - just using "alternative facts". Kim-Jong Trump needs to be fact checked at every turn.

I'm re-reading 1984 at the moment and the parallels are uncanny.
    yeah i agree they shouldn't bother defending it, but i also think that the nit picking is so frustrating. who cares how many turned up to the inauguration? he got more people to turn up in the right places to vote him in. thats the number that was important right? Trump and his crew should just continually point to the scoreboard so to speak and leave it there.

the petty shots by the haters are frustrating, as it is going to dilute the real outrage if/when he does really screw something up.
    Seems like I am WRONG

but i also think that the nit picking is so frustrating. who cares how many turned up to the inauguration? he got more people to turn up in the right places to vote him in. thats the number that was important right? Trump and his crew should just continually point to the scoreboard so to speak and leave it there.
    Oh I agree 100%. I was hoping the first briefing by the press secretary would be informative and talk about policy movements and plans.

But it was the administration's decision for him to get up there and give a bizarre, angry rant about how the media was so unfair and it was the biggest attended event in history. Bizarre.

yeah i agree they shouldn't bother defending it, but i also think that the nit picking is so frustrating. who cares how many turned up to the inauguration? he got more people to turn up in the right places to vote him in. thats the number that was important right? Trump and his crew should just continually point to the scoreboard so to speak and leave it there.

the petty shots by the haters are frustrating, as it is going to dilute the real outrage if/when he does really screw something up.
    Yeah, agree on all counts. Lots of sore losers.

I don't have a real issue with charismatic leaders, I think you sort of need to have one if you want to get anywhere. If Shorten was at all likeable he probably would have cruised the last election. But charisma can't be enough, it should be a tool to get you into the job and maintain a good relationship with the public while you go about the business of getting shit done. Politics recently is far far too much about why the other guy is shit and how much they've done wrong rather than "Hey look I have good ideas, lets do this". Trump now has a chance to put his stamp on the country. Australia is screwed for a while, the major parties are both useless which leads to people voting for independents etc, but then the majors have no power to do anything even if they stumble upon decent ideas. I don't know what the solution is

Bizarre.
    I get the feeling you are gonna get sick and tired of writing that word over the next 4 years!!!!!
    Seems like I am WRONG

I get the feeling you are gonna get sick and tired of writing that word over the next 4 years!!!!!
    I have a friend in the US working for a news agency paid for with tax dollars to send news to countries without a free press. Trump and Bannon have actually taken personal executive control of it. With the propaganda machine we have on our hands, I'm sure I'll be brainwashed to be a Trump fan shortly anyway.

Trump upsetting the other racists. bahahaha. What a circus

January 20 declared "National Day of Patriotic Devotion". Heil Trump.

Seriously though, his move to reinstate a global gag rule that bans US-funded groups around the world from discussing abortion is disappointing. Reminds me of the start of a George Carlin skit - "Why is it that most of the people who are against abortion are people you wouldn't want to f*ck in the first place?" TPP killed off too - I disagree with most Democrats and Republicans on this one. I don't believe protectionism is the way to grow an economy and create jobs.

wait till all these yanks have to buy their $4500 made in Ohio iphones...lets see how dedicated they are to protectionism then

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    wait till all these yanks have to buy their $4500 made in Ohio iphones...lets see how dedicated they are to protectionism then
    I honestly believe Trump is bluffing on the whole protectionism thing.

He's using his position of power to bully companies, and no one has yet called his bluff.

Because if they called his bluff, he can automatically label them 'un-american', and what CEO wants that PR hit?
    Combine that with the govt funding that goes into a lot of those industries and he has them over a barrel.

He's negotiating from a position of strength.

Seriously though, his move to reinstate a global gag rule that bans US-funded groups around the world from discussing abortion is disappointing.
    even though I disagree with it I understand it and don't think it's a massive deal.

Again goes back to his mantra of "our money our way or your money your way - you choose".
    Simplistic, jingoistic but also core Republican policy.

Maybe the Clinton foundation can fill in the funding gap?

even though I disagree with it I understand it and don't think it's a massive deal.

Again goes back to his mantra of "our money our way or your money your way - you choose".
    Simplistic, jingoistic but also core Republican policy.

Maybe the Clinton foundation can fill in the funding gap?
    Deflecting onto Clinton. Right out of the Trump playbook

But yeah I agree. I don't think it's a massive deal. Although some are claiming it will lead to funding cuts for every program that falls under global health assistance, which would be concerning.