Page 136 of 242 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,720 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    oops, this isnt the Newcastle Club lounge forum? damn.
    Bhahahahaha

"Just be rich and become richer"

- sent from Hawks macbook go pro 710 sports model
    OK

^ worth noting everyone I see online whinging about penalty rates and not surviving and all that stuff etc are writing it from their tablets and macpros and all that shit
    OK

how do you suggest people find work in the gig economy without a laptop/phone you luddite

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    how do you suggest people find work in the gig economy without a laptop/phone you luddite
    Actually legit question, are you hamstrung with your work by 'needing' to be in Sydney or have you ever done the math on living/working somewhere else?

And that's not me finger wagging that you should, I'm always choosing lifestyle over money, but my work opportunities don't sound as specific as others on here.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    ^ worth noting everyone I see online whinging about penalty rates and not surviving and all that stuff etc are writing it from their tablets and macpros and all that shit
    Oh man please don't be 'that guy'.

The people crying most about penalty rates are just people who live by the rule of 'if you don't have more, you have less'.
    They are unable to see anything outside of the narrow view of the people they believe in, and parrot the mantra louder than the last one.

**** those people.

Well for eg most of the people I see whinging have the latest samsung iphone G9+ on a $60 + $7 phone per month plan whereas a really quick google just now shows me a $60 outright Huawei smartphone (which can connect to wifi) and $10 optus recharge with unlimited text.

But nah, they're barely surviving with that phone that's too big to fit in their pocket.

Like I've said above and always will though, I realise my own hypocrisies. I have a laptop, I have a phone plan, and a galaxy s5 (is that considered new anymore?). But I'm not the one claiming I can't survive. And if I wasn't surviving, first thing I'd do is go to aldi and sign up for that prepaid mobile tbh
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Oh man please don't be 'that guy'.

The people crying most about penalty rates are just people who live by the rule of 'if you don't have more, you have less'.
    They are unable to see anything outside of the narrow view of the people they believe in, and parrot the mantra louder than the last one.

**** those people.
    And that, my friend, is the leftist millenial hivemind known as facebook in a nutshell.

Porksey knows.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by plague
    Actually legit question, are you hamstrung with your work by 'needing' to be in Sydney or have you ever done the math on living/working somewhere else?

And that's not me finger wagging that you should, I'm always choosing lifestyle over money, but my work opportunities don't sound as specific as others on here.
    no worries man.

i work in the clinical trials industry, so have to be on call for our sites, the majority of which are in the CBD as that's just the nature of the clinics. the best surgeons are here, so you have to be here really. the financial cost of living somewhere else would outweigh the savings i made if i commuted in. i doubt i would have got the job if i had to commute either - you need to be able to be on site at weird hours depending on the nature of the trial.

i handed up my thesis last year and the prospects of post-doc, contract work in my field weren't great in sydney as the money for the field i am in has dried up - hence the switch to industry. the universities which i could work at, with my speciality - are exclusively sydney/melbourne based really - and that's also where my contacts are. the money/jobs are just not there in other cities around australia. family circumstances kind of predicate i can't move overseas, which could have been an option.

i'd seriously entertain the thought of commuting from wider out if the infrastructure was there. i know a lot of other blokes would as well. fast trains, teleportation and shit, make it happen trumball

And that, my friend, is the leftist millenial hivemind known as facebook in a nutshell.

Porksey knows.
    Nah man, greed and ignorance ain't exclusive to one side of the chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    Yeah well saving $200,000 in seven years from 60g per year is legit insane and would be even more difficult in the present day.
    Please tell me if my maths is incorrect.

200k / 7years = 28571 per year / 12months = 2381 per month / 4 weeks = 596 per week.

That's roughly the amount you're going to pay in a mortgage anyway (depending on your loan setup etc).

I don't really see that as "insane" tbh.

Obviously contexts come into play but that's not as outrageous a thought as I think you made it out to be porksey.

But yes I do agree, great work Dunst
    OK

Please tell me if my maths is incorrect.

200k / 7years = 28571 per year / 12months = 2381 per month / 4 weeks = 596 per week.

That's roughly the amount you're going to pay in a mortgage anyway (depending on your loan setup etc).

I don't really see that as "insane" tbh.

Obviously contexts come into play but that's not as outrageous a thought as I think you made it out to be porksey.

But yes I do agree, great work Dunst
    imagine having to move back to your parents house for 7 years when you're 32 lol

i'd top myself in a week

soz mate i actually missed that one before i posted - this seems to be the truth

the only thing that probably spur me and my sweet angel to up sticks will be the arrival of q-minho

crazy times. lets land those quads lads
    Just get Mrs Q into the public sector before you do it because from experience i can tell you it's not easy starting a family and "only" being "entitled" to the 4 months maternity leave, depending on your setup.
    OK

Just get Mrs Q into the public sector before you do it because from experience i can tell you it's not easy starting a family and "only" being "entitled" to the 4 months maternity leave, depending on your setup.
    beat you to it! 10 years in the university sector this year, we're flyin'

beat you to it! 10 years in the university sector this year, we're flyin'
    Go for it, Icarus!
    OK

And bruh tie that shit in with long service, yea boi
    OK

i'd seriously entertain the thought of commuting from wider out if the infrastructure was there. i know a lot of other blokes would as well. fast trains, teleportation and shit, make it happen trumball
    Yeah my old man used to commute from Newy to Sydney 5 days a week and it turned him into an absolute **** of a man (surely had nothing to do with raising me).

Bloke decided moving there and getting a sydney family was easier so off he went.

So yeah I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Bring on the flying cars.

Yeah my old man used to commute from Newy to Sydney 5 days a week and it turned him into an absolute **** of a man (surely had nothing to do with raising me).

Bloke decided moving there and getting a sydney family was easier so off he went.

Dark shit.

Sorry that happened to you and your family bud

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Dark shit.

Sorry that happened to you and your family bud
    I'm not.
    Bloke was a ****.
    Shit happens.

My old man used to fly from Melbourne to Sydney every week to be with his other family - we didn't know about.
    Eventually, our family moved to Sydney for business reasons. [ in hindsight because he got sick of the travel]Within six months of moving interstate he walked out with all the proceeds from the house in Melbourne, and moved into his Sydney House with his Girlfriend.... top bloke.