Page 139 of 242 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I have no idea who Alex Jones is so she or he must be very important.
    That's because you aren't woke enough Dunster.

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    I think Putin is an abomination but we're talking about Trump innit. And the Syrian war of course.
    You slippin? you said you wanted russia to nukem so i think refering to Russia is warranted. Its cool to blame the US for everything and they do have alot to answer dgmw but the middle east is the worlds cvnt pit right now. Africa (pick a kuntry) not so far behind.

Q. what do you think of returned soldiers?

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    You slippin? you said you wanted russia to nukem so i think refering to Russia is warranted. Its cool to blame the US for everything and they do have alot to answer dgmw but the middle east is the worlds cvnt pit right now. Africa (pick a kuntry) not so far behind.

only because of the no wanking thing. i don't hate the us for its interventionism.

as for what i'd do, plague. i'm hardly an expert in warfare and don't know all the avenues available to him. obviously something had to be done, just as it has for years now. to me it seemed hamfisted, but maybe that's just because of my perception of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

The middle east / Africa things been going on in one form or another for over a 1000 years.

Returned soldiers ? Pick a war.
    WW1 were conscripted - no choice in the matter
    WW2 fought a genuine threat,
    Korea - debateable. - but given the situation and all someone had to help them - much like we were helped ten years earlier
    Vietnam - Access to cheap home loans was the main carrot dangled to the Aussie soldiers - many of whom really didn't know what they were getting into. Soldiers can't be blamed for lying governments / Corporations
    Iraq - Sometimes you have to back your mates even when you know they are wrong.

Dgmw I hate wars but I'd hate to think where we would be today if a few hundred thousand yanks didn't risk / lose their lives restoring order in the Pacific 70 odd years ago.

We were well within the cross hairs of the Japanese and without the Yanks we would have been wiped out pretty quickly.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 09-04-2017 at 06:03 PM.

Me too.
    Is their a correlation between age, young/old peoples feelings/thoughts about war and returned diggers? Do you need to be over 30 to properly gauge what is best for world combat politics? Yeah the Yanks are annoying and war chasers but i still wonder why they cop worse abuse than the dictators in many countries killing anyone at will. cool factor for mine.

Did the youth revolution undeservedly stick it to the Viet vets? I probs would have join in the protests at 18 but not at 30.
    ICBF doing a study past 5 people.

The People's Champ Hinchy telling it how it is

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-1...-right/8433498
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    The People's Champ Hinchy telling it how it is

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-1...-right/8433498
    The article is garbage. It assumes the government has a budget constraint which determines its fiscal ability to pay pensions. There is no financial constraint on governments to pay pensions. None what so ever.

Hang on. A dream home is owning something grand or in a top spot. home ownership shouldnt be a dream or a right. Hard work and toil should gain a home if wanted.

If interest rates go up housing will become more affordable at least from the purchase price perspective. Clamping down on foriegn ownership would help too.

Hang on. A dream home is owning something grand or in a top spot. home ownership shouldnt be a dream or a right. Hard work and toil should gain a home if wanted.

If interest rates go up housing will become more affordable at least from the purchase price perspective. Clamping down on foriegn ownership would help too.
    It's hard but a lot of people don't realise that they need to go without a few perks to make it a reality.

Nothing wrong with starting small - a house is a house. It's for providing shelter - it's not about status or prestige.

There is no significant relationship between interest rates and investment. The relationship between income and investment is much stronger / predictable.

As long as incomes are rising so to will housing prices.

The issue is that not everyone's incomes are rising.
    Agree about the Foreign ownership - it's out of control.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 11-04-2017 at 04:38 PM.

Hey Dunster if you want a perfect real world example of labor prices falling behind cost of living come to Hong Kong.
    Min wage = $5.60 hr
    Cheapest (new) apartment we could find was about $400k and that was about a 45min train ride from the main drag. Which for a place the size of HK would be like commuting from Burke to work in Sydney.
    The govt introduced an 'affordable housing' scheme to give locals first shot at those apartments and 79,000 applications were made for the 2,000 units offered.

Public transport and food/beer is dirt cheap.
    The economy is set up so you can have the basics (rent/food/transport). But the cashed up Chinese flooding in from the mainland have decided that you can have nothing more.

It's quite amazing to see the disparity in 'classes'.

And everyone just shrugging their shoulders about trying to make it better.

just follow my HK tips and you'll be rich plagueos

errr, happy Jesus death day. You all love it

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Hey Dunster if you want a perfect real world example of labor prices falling behind cost of living come to Hong Kong.
    Min wage = $5.60 hr
    Cheapest (new) apartment we could find was about $400k and that was about a 45min train ride from the main drag. Which for a place the size of HK would be like commuting from Burke to work in Sydney.
    The govt introduced an 'affordable housing' scheme to give locals first shot at those apartments and 79,000 applications were made for the 2,000 units offered.

Public transport and food/beer is dirt cheap.
    The economy is set up so you can have the basics (rent/food/transport). But the cashed up Chinese flooding in from the mainland have decided that you can have nothing more.

It's quite amazing to see the disparity in 'classes'.

And everyone just shrugging their shoulders about trying to make it better.
    It's an easy fix. Just give tax cuts to the cashed up Chinese coming in and take away penalty rates from the poorest workers. At least that's what Malcolm Turnbull would do.

Jokes aside - yes HK has some problems - they have fora long time. Not a lot of land for six million people which makes things difficult enough due to excess demand. Then like you said you add in cashed up Chinese and it's even worse.

I have worked with a few Chinese academics over the years and their stories about China and HK are horrifying.
    Imagine just finishing your Phd at 22 years of age and getting a knock at the door from armed officers to take you to your new government assignment.
    The assignment was that the government put your academic career on hold and made you work on a farm for 12 years.
    Why ? Because they can and needed to make examples for the greater public that no matter how hard you work or how intelligent you are you the government controls your life.
    In 1997 after 12 years my friend was released. He made a dash to HK - spent about 6 months there and said it was pretty much going the same way so he came to Australia with practically nothing and started a new life.
    He's still here working and you wouldn't meet a nicer person. Just don't call him Chinese. He's an Australian and absolutely hates China and everything about it.
    Looks like what he feared about HK is well and truly in motion.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 14-04-2017 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    just follow my HK tips and you'll be rich plagueos
    Plague Jnr wasn't allowed to go to Happy Valley so pulled the pin. Terrible example set by the HK govt not letting the kiddies get a taste for the track.
    No wonder the world is going to Hell.

currently on da front lines of history here in Seoul, is your mate Big Don gonna pull the trigger tomorrow? My flight's at 8pm Saturday

currently on da front lines of history here in Seoul, is your mate Big Don gonna pull the trigger tomorrow? My flight's at 8pm Saturday
    I'd have no problems with Big Don levelling Korea. Khunt of a country North or South. I used to deal with Koreans on a daily basis at work and you couldn't find a more corrupt / morally bankrupt group of people if you tried.
    I'm currently at war with LG over my OLED TV failing after 10 months - and while I'm guaranteed to win legal proceedings someone with less time and money than I have would pretty much be screwed and left with $8000 of TV with a vertical line on the screen.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 14-04-2017 at 02:34 PM.

I'm heading to Japan now to help hold the fort.
    With Trump on our side how could things go wrong.

Covfefe to you all this evening.