Quote Originally Posted by steve136 View Post
    Covfefe to you all this evening.
    Trump is the best.

More magic from President Trump today.
    #MAGA

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    More magic from President Trump today.
    #MAGA
    With the impending economic slowdown the US will probably meet the emissions target by default anyway. I really have no issue with Trump not wanting to be a part of this token / pseudo Global Warming campaign. Reducing emissions is important but these pacts are not worth the paper they are printed on. All smoke and mirrors much like the gay marriage debate which is again taking peoples focus from what really matters - income distribution and jobs.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 02-06-2017 at 05:08 PM.

and the fact all this came as yet another Hillary meltdown went public he's just trolling for fun now.

and the fact all this came as yet another Hillary meltdown went public he's just trolling for fun now.
    Hillary was offering the US people more of the same - rising costs of living, falling real wages, and mass unemployment. She effectively went to the polls without any policies much the same as Obahma did before her but most people had woken up by now. Trump might be a goose but he at least showed up with a slogan / plan and a list of policies he believed would help make America great again.

Credit to Hillary though for helping people decide early why Trump deserves a 2nd term in office.

I take it India is allowed to quadruple coal burning and emissions cause they currently have fkall?

Even if they arent sure about environmental effect emissions need to be lowered each yr by every kuntry.

Will trump get overthrown after his first term? Doesnt happen that often

I just don't see why the world is gonna end just because the U.S and A backed out of a pretend deal.

Surely the rest of the world if they are all good un-Trump like countries will get the temperature down and stop the sea levels from consuming one of Hawks mansions.

What am I missing here?

I just don't see why the world is gonna end just because the U.S and A backed out of a pretend deal.

Surely the rest of the world if they are all good un-Trump like countries will get the temperature down and stop the sea levels from consuming one of Hawks mansions.

What am I missing here?
    The main component I believe is that the US will not deliver the $2 billion that remains of its $3 billion pledge to finance international climate efforts.

I'm tired of economically ignorant old men making decisions like Trump is on climate change though. Industries currently developing renewable energy solutions are growing at 17 times that of the economy. You'd think the lazy old fools in petroleum and coal would listen-up and get with the program. But you know how it goes: If their money is good, which it is right now, they won't change to address the future of their industry's economic prospects until the very last minute. Just ask anyone who remembers the 1987-89 oil crash.

The main component I believe is that the US will not deliver the $2 billion that remains of its $3 billion pledge to finance international climate efforts.
    So the world is cranky at the US and A for not giving them welfare.

Sounds like a typical university demo.

Good on Trump for not caving.

So the world is cranky at the US and A for not giving them welfare.

Sounds like a typical university demo.

Good on Trump for not caving.
    Yeah, I'll absolutely admit, you've got to give it to him for being his own man.

His Secretary of State told him not to do it. The military told him not to do it. 69 Fortune 500 companies told him not to do it. Exxon, BP, Chevron, Mobil and ConocoPhillips told him not to do it. Their Allies in the European Union told him not to do it. The majority of the citizens of the United States told him not to do it. He did it anyways.

Yeah, I'll absolutely admit, you've got to give it to him for being his own man.

His Secretary of State told him not to do it. The military told him not to do it. 69 Fortune 500 companies told him not to do it. Exxon, BP, Chevron, Mobil and ConocoPhillips told him not to do it. Their Allies in the European Union told him not to do it. The majority of the citizens of the United States told him not to do it. He did it anyways.
    Ok has anyone done the science on the difference between America sticking to the agreement vs America not sticking to the agreement?

I'd love to see some facts because the reaction has been along the lines of the world being doomed based on that decision.

I'd like to see the 'real' impact.

Also, if you listened to his whole speech he actually is in favour of making the world a better place he just believes America is unfairly disadvantaged. Because it isn't one rule for all, and he believes America can get a better deal.

He campaigned on it, he believes in it.

The majority of the citizens of the United States told him not to do it.
    You sure about that?

You sure about that?
    Yes. Approximately 69 per cent of voters.

86% of democrats supported it and 51% of republicans according to a Yale poll recently.

Ok has anyone done the science on the difference between America sticking to the agreement vs America not sticking to the agreement?

I'd love to see some facts because the reaction has been along the lines of the world being doomed based on that decision.

Also, if you listened to his whole speech he actually is in favour of making the world a better place he just believes America is unfairly disadvantaged. Because it isn't one rule for all, and he believes America can get a better deal.

Pretty naive of him to think he could get a "deal" on a multilateral agreement involving 195 countries. I don't care what he believes - isn't it amazing the extremist right manages to turn the 1-2% uncertainty about the data concerning climate change and argue like that uncertainty is 100%?
    Last edited by steve136; 03-06-2017 at 10:27 AM.

how it eventually impacts on trump's tech-bro libertarian mates (i.e. thiel, musk etc who have already walked) will be interesting. energy security has always been a huge bugbear for the US, hence trumps genuflection to the saudis again. i'm not all over it but is part of this pullout more investment into local extraction (sand/shale oil, offshore exploration). what happens to the vast sums of venture capital that has been poured into california for alternative energy. does this now get redirected into exploration and extraction in the domestic USA?

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    "i don't know anything about it but i reckon it could be a good move" - plague on every trump decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Imagine the outrage if Merrick said something that Trump believed. Like that we weren't going to do fitness training at all because it would drain the body's "finite" energy resources. He thinks the human body is like a battery which exercise depletes.

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    "i don't know anything about it but i reckon it could be a good move" - plague on every trump decision.
    "I'm the bloke confusing Trumps point on the science vs Trumps point on the Paris agreement" - Parksey.

Pretty naive of him to think he could get a "deal" on a multilateral agreement involving 195 countries. I don't care what he believes - isn't it amazing the extremist right manages to turn the 1-2% uncertainty about the data concerning climate change and argue like that uncertainty is 100%?
    But it's not the same deal for everyone is it?
    That's 'seems' to be Trumps point.

I don't agree with Trumps position on the science.

I have no problem if be believes the agreement disadvantages the people who he's in charge of governing.

Hopefully that makes my point a bit clearer.

cc: Parksey

This is an old issue that even Sir William Petty alluded to in the 17th Century [Service / information economies]. Most developed nations have already moved on from their manufacturing / industrial stage of their economic life-cycle - and risen to information / technology / financial services provision instead.
    However, the developing nations are still at the industrial / manufacturing stage of their economic life cycle. If their development at this stage is restricted then it will possibly limit how far they can progress as a services / technology / information economy.

Overall, these global warming policies are more about keeping the most powerful nations at the top of the pyramid and not allowing developing nations to rise above them.

In other words, these restrictions do far more economic damage to developing nations than they do to countries like the USA.

With respect to the USA funding everything that's simply the banking sector looking for more free money to line their pockets with.

When the US donates US dollars it props up their own economy because US products and services are denominated in US dollars.

The Marshall Plan was probably the biggest con of the 20th Century where not only did the US look like the saviours of Europe they essentially lined their own pockets without anyone in Europe being the wiser to what was actually happening. They effectively made the US dollar a vehicle currency for the entire planet.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 03-06-2017 at 02:05 PM.