Page 145 of 242 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,900 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    How the hell is anyone not enjoying this?

Hillary would have been so lame and boring.
    Looking at the numbers and Donny T actually has all three major investment / Share indexes up by 20% since he took office.

Might be a coincidence but if I was investing in US stocks I'd be very happy with him so far.

Hard to imagine anything positive coming about if Vinegar Tits Hillary was in office.

Oh these past few days have been so batshit Trump can't even get on the front page.

Press secretary going bananas in the New Yorker.
    McCain pulling a heel turn straight from WWE.

Trumps over there offending the Trans folk and we're all "shush it Donnie we busy"

So much fun.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    imagine the riots in the streets if any nation in the developed world tried to get rid of their universal health care?

where's the protests and burning shit to the ground in the US?

why are we hearing more about Republicans opposing this than Democrats?

why are the Democrats such an ineffective opposition?

is it just because how do you oppose such batshit crazyness?

It's like the Pac-man/Horn fight. Pac landed twice as many punches, 2 diff judging panels gave Horn the fight.

Dont be that guy.

Horn had him on pts even by the rejudge.

Oh these past few days have been so batshit Trump can't even get on the front page.

Press secretary going bananas in the New Yorker.
    McCain pulling a heel turn straight from WWE.

Trumps over there offending the Trans folk and we're all "shush it Donnie we busy"

So much fun.
    How is it bad outrager? Get with the prog. Trans dont have to go to war. Party up for them they live a long life.

Hope Aus govt bans white males from war. oh wait you guys will sog saos over that id bet

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Dont be that guy.

Horn had him on pts even by the rejudge.
    nah thats my point.

Horn was the electoral college, Pacman was the popular vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post

Hope Aus govt bans white males from war.
    Last edited by plague; 28-07-2017 at 11:16 PM.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    imagine the riots in the streets if any nation in the developed world tried to get rid of their universal health care?

where's the protests and burning shit to the ground in the US?

why are we hearing more about Republicans opposing this than Democrats?

why are the Democrats such an ineffective opposition?

is it just because how do you oppose such batshit crazyness?
    i aint for one second going to begin to understand the absolute detail of this health care debate.

but it sure as shit sounds like neither side has a good plan, but they think the other guys plan is worserer.

again, I'm cheering for chaos, therefore I'm in heaven.
    Seems like I am WRONG

No one is denying how poor the optics are on this administration at the moment, but it has brought up a pretty interesting situation.

As Dunster has alluded to, the US economy is showing signs of 'improvement'. And yes that's not 'everything' nor is it all Trumps doing.

But.

Would the American people vote the bloke back in if indeed they became a more prosperous country?
    Would getting better trade deals, fixing the energy supply and lifting real wages be more important than how many communications directors he goes through?

I know which things I'd care about more, but man if he actually 'makes America great again' how the hell do you combat that in 2020?

You will never fix Healthcare in the USA because it will be an inconvenience to Pharmaceutical Companies, Corporate Finance / Banking Sector, Insurance companies, and a whole host of other large and powerful organisations.
    Then you have the educational institutions running a monopoly and restricting the production of medical practitioners and staff to keep their prices high......

I mean .. where would you even start to attempt to fix the situation in the USA ?

The solution is more doctors and nurses and less investment into drugs which essentially do nothing other than line the pockets of the rich.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    You will never fix Healthcare in the USA because it will be an inconvenience to Pharmaceutical Companies, Corporate Finance / Banking Sector, Insurance companies, and a whole host of other large and powerful organisations.
    Then you have the educational institutions running a monopoly and restricting the production of medical practitioners and staff to keep their prices high......

I mean .. where would you even start to attempt to fix the situation in the USA ?

The solution is more doctors and nurses and less investment into drugs which essentially do nothing other than line the pockets of the rich.
    i mean its like the guns issue huh.
    the 'problem' is so beyond where any other developed country is so where the hell do they even look to for help?
    Seems like I am WRONG

So how do people feel about the Prime Minister donating $30m of tax payers money to Foxtel ?

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/blunt-...01-gxmyq3.html

It's supposedly for Foxtel to broadcast 2nd tier sports in Australia. But the reality is it's a way for them to exercise their market power so as to restrict the growth of smaller players like BarTV and so on in the market.

Like all Liberal Members in Australia Malcolm Turnbull hates competition and free markets.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    So how do people feel about the Prime Minister donating $30m of tax payers money to Foxtel ?

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/blunt-...01-gxmyq3.html

It's supposedly for Foxtel to broadcast 2nd tier sports in Australia. But the reality is it's a way for them to exercise their market power so as to restrict the growth of smaller players like BarTV and so on in the market.

Like all Liberal Members in Australia Malcolm Turnbull hates competition and free markets.
    Umm how about they actually remove the anti siphoning list

It actually means that FTA TV get first dibs at it

But it also protects the sports on it by creating a bidding frenzy

As a result after NRL AFL Cricket V8s etc have got the 7-9-10 channels cash

There isn't a hell of a lot left over for the sports not on it

As a result Foxtel can pay **** all for their content as they are competing against not much for rights to the HAL NBL Super Rugby etc

Let them compete on everything

See what happens

It would shake things up if 7-9-10 had to embrace Basketball Soccer Union or something else as they had no sporting content

While ever the govt funds it's own media entity I've got no problem if they subsidise others.

After what happened with the EPL and Optus there isn't a politician in sight willing to do anything about the anti-siphoning list.

Banned
    After what happened with the EPL and Optus there isn't a politician in sight willing to do anything about the anti-siphoning list.
    But what did Optus do wrong really??

They came in and purchased the rights

The bitching coming from those who blowing up as they don't have Optus or are too tight to pay for it

Reality is there is **** all wrong with Optus coverage of the EPL and it compares more favourably than Foxtel use to do back in the day

The bitching coming from those who blowing up as they don't have Optus or are too tight to pay for it

Reality is there is **** all wrong with Optus coverage of the EPL and it compares more favourably than Foxtel use to do back in the day
    Agree Optus is miles better then Foxsports with the EPL
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Good job by you not understanding the post.

Optus did nothing wrong.

But at the moment fans bitching about it are bitching at Optus.

You think the next time it happens some politician gonna stand in the line of fire and go "yo it's cool that's on me".

Good luck.

Banned
    Good job by you not understanding the post.

Optus did nothing wrong.

But at the moment fans bitching about it are bitching at Optus.

You think the next time it happens some politician gonna stand in the line of fire and go "yo it's cool that's on me".

Good luck.
    ****s yelling about what??

Seelriously they haven't been deprived of the opportunity to watch it

They just have to go about it a different way

How they been disadvantaged here??

They just yelling at the sky here

About as useful as us asking Gypo CEO for refunds based on the Jets not winning games

While ever the govt funds it's own media entity I've got no problem if they subsidise others.
    But it's not the governments media entitity - it belongs to the people. The governments only role should be to provide adequate funding so programs can be broadcast equitably to anyone that wants to watch them.
    The government could have provided the cash injection to BarTV or a TAFE or a University to broadcast these sports. That would have been more equitable and it would also have been of benefit to students or even the unemployed.

The problem with the public broadcasters now - is that they are effectively run by the same neo-liberal scum running the private sector organisations.

When ever I hear people calling the ABC or SBS left wing I can't stop laughing - it's not even close to being left wing in any sense of the term.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 03-08-2017 at 05:49 PM.