Page 147 of 242 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,940 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Can you expand on the Euro?
    Euro is useless because when countries adopt it they essentially forgo any rights to seigniorage [ difference between face value and cost to produce the money] and they also lose their fiscal powers to fill spending gaps when the non-government sector is unable to do so [which is pretty much always].

The strongest nation in the Union essentially dictates monetary and fiscal policy for all nations and does so without any regard to how it impacts on other countries.

Had the Euro never come to many countries they would have been able to avoid the social and economic problems much of Europe is experiencing today.

Greece for example who are very rich in oil / gas would never have faced the issues it currently faces were it not for adopting the Euro. They could have exercised fiscal and monetary measures to suit themselves rather than be forced to adopt ones that gave Germany a competitive advantage.

Its interesting. It sounds like the Euro system essentially makes money work closer to how the majority think it works - which is less usefully and flexibly than how governments can actually use it.

I guess its another system where perfect use may be beneficial but people always look out for themselves to the detriment of others, which makes the perhaps otherwise good system, flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Its interesting. It sounds like the Euro system essentially makes money work closer to how the majority think it works - which is less usefully and flexibly than how governments can actually use it.

I guess its another system where perfect use may be beneficial but people always look out for themselves to the detriment of others, which makes the perhaps otherwise good system, flawed.

It goes for an hour or so but you will get more out of this video than I could ever explain about the Euro.

What a lot of people don't realise though is that while Germany control things now it was the French who saw it as a way for them to rule Europe economically.
    The Germans pretty much got on board because they had no choice - but soon enough managed to poison the system and get it working to their advantage.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 23-08-2017 at 06:25 PM.

wait up...so all those tears from the anti conservatives about the Brexit fallout was folly? fking lulz cry me a rainbow river

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    wait up...so all those tears from the anti conservatives about the Brexit fallout was folly? fking lulz cry me a rainbow river
    I don't think any of it comes down to being anti-conservative especially when you consider that the English conservatives themselves never warmed to the idea of being fully within the EU regime anyway - the evidence is in how they never gave up their currency and adopted the Euro. Unless you buy into the Britain as a united empire bullshit.

Why do you think it is a conservative vs anti-conservative issue ? It's more about one group wishing to maintain monetary independence and another that does not.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I don't think any of it comes down to being anti-conservative especially when you consider that the English conservatives themselves never warmed to the idea of being fully within the EU regime anyway - the evidence is in how they never gave up their currency and adopted the Euro. Unless you buy into the Britain as a united empire bullshit.

Why do you think it is a conservative vs anti-conservative issue ? It's more about one group wishing to maintain monetary independence and another that does not.
    Well that was the political reaction from those going all ape about it over here. rivers of lol tears i tell ya.

Is this another cuba crisis where we are seconds from some angry pissed newt about to push a nuke button or storm in a Dcup?

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Is this another cuba crisis where we are seconds from some angry pissed newt about to push a nuke button or storm in a Dcup?
    nah, just the usual tough talk.
    prob was Ken-Jeong Un's old man couldnt get a proper rise out of Bush or Obama back in the day.
    The young fella is having a stella time stirring up the Donald.

Good for ratings, the kids love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Someone has had their Twitter account suspended for politely questioning Taylor Swifts talent.

https://www.pedestrian.tv/music/some...-taylor-swift/

Good thing Youtube doesn't have similar policies otherwise I'd be looking at the death penalty for my comments.

Man it's gonna be pretty embarrassing when the Govt has to void this same sex marriage vote.

There is clearly no Slobs option.

Disc-race.

intersting discussion had today.
    i dont use facebook so cant vouch:

but

where are the profile picture filters?
    where are the monuments lit up in the red white and blue?

or we dont care about white americans getting blown away.

anyone explain this for me?

because all the usual bleeding hearts that loooooooove telling me how much 'they' care and how 'heartless' i am because dont really seem to give 2 hoots about those 59 dead people.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    intersting discussion had today.
    i dont use facebook so cant vouch:

but

where are the profile picture filters?
    where are the monuments lit up in the red white and blue?

or we dont care about white americans getting blown away.

anyone explain this for me?

because all the usual bleeding hearts that loooooooove telling me how much 'they' care and how 'heartless' i am because dont really seem to give 2 hoots about those 59 dead people.
    Might have something to do with the fact that these atrocities are a rarity in these other countries - not the norm. Gun massacres occur nearly every week in the US, yet nothing changes.
    Watch Congress do SFA regarding gun control due to the NRA lobbyists embedded deep within the Republican Party, and the share prices in gun manufacturers continue to rise in response.
    If they didnt do anything after Sandy Hook or Orlando, the gubmint over there wont do anything no matter what occurs.
    Trump certainly wont act on it, the gun-toting, southern state evangelists are the only demographic who still think hes doing a bang up job.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Might have something to do with the fact that these atrocities are a rarity in these other countries - not the norm. Gun massacres occur nearly every week in the US, yet nothing changes.
    Watch Congress do SFA regarding gun control due to the NRA lobbyists embedded deep within the Republican Party, and the share prices in gun manufacturers continue to rise in response.
    If they didnt do anything after Sandy Hook or Orlando, the gubmint over there wont do anything no matter what occurs.
    Trump certainly wont act on it, the gun-toting, southern state evangelists are the only demographic who still think hes doing a bang up job.
    yeah look all of your points are valid.

but

everyone lit the joint up in rainbow colours for the Orlando shooting less than a year ago.

i think its a fair criticism of the new age social media activists that they seem to have not bothered with this one.

if someone wants to explain the difference between 49 innocent kids at a gay nightclub vs 59 innocent country music fans then im all ears.
    Seems like I am WRONG

and also, the sneaky thing the NRA do well is they actually donate to both sides (yes by far more to republicans) but the fact they hold something over the majority of Congress, whoever has control, makes it more difficult to get anything done.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    yeah look all of your points are valid.

but

everyone lit the joint up in rainbow colours for the Orlando shooting less than a year ago.

i think its a fair criticism of the new age social media activists that they seem to have not bothered with this one.

if someone wants to explain the difference between 49 innocent kids at a gay nightclub vs 59 innocent country music fans then im all ears.
    Plague your new age social media activists are just opportunistic two faced hypocrites

No other way of putting it

They love nothing more than jumping on a band wagon when it seems cool and they always show selectiveness with info

Bunch of parasites the lot of these leftist muppets

Banned
    and also, the sneaky thing the NRA do well is they actually donate to both sides (yes by far more to republicans) but the fact they hold something over the majority of Congress, whoever has control, makes it more difficult to get anything done.
    They also hold a lot of sway over rank and file Seppos

The dumb ****s are that brainwashed it not funny

They celebrate that their country was created at the barrel of a gun and instead of advancing away from it wrap their past present and future history around the barrel of a gun

The amount of Seppos who can't see how they can actually live without a gun is alarming

they always show selectiveness with info
    I can't help but point out your views on same sex marriage, selectively using one book for info
    OK

plague - i just read a post on your precious facebook that I thought was funny and slightly relevant:

One shoe bomber tried to blow up a place and now we take off our shoes. 1518 mass shootings since Sandy Hook and Congress has done NOTHING.
    OK

Also, we understand that changing a profile picture or filter or whatever doesn’t actually achieve anything, right?

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Also, we understand that changing a profile picture or filter or whatever doesn’t actually achieve anything, right?
    oh look thats always been my reasoning for never doing it (back in the days when i used facespace and twitterbook).
    but geez the comments i got when i pointed out this fact were astounding.

just found it odd that 'now' everyone sees its pointless.

until of course the next tragedy with a group of victims that fit the right criteria.
    Seems like I am WRONG