Page 149 of 242 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,980 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

2 interesting things in the SSM vote (well, interesting to me).

80% of people vote which I think will lead to a big discussion on ‘optional voting’ for elections.

The ‘yes’ vote having a 6 in front of it is pretty big. The ‘perceived’ difference between even 61% and say a 59% vote lets everyone declare it a ‘landslide’ and it gives pollies plenty of room to shoot it through parliament without fuss saying “we’ll its what the people wanted”.

Whether that’s the outcome is yet to be determined though, and trusting those lot is a braver choice than I’m willing to make.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    2 interesting things in the SSM vote (well, interesting to me).

80% of people vote which I think will lead to a big discussion on ‘optional voting’ for elections.

The ‘yes’ vote having a 6 in front of it is pretty big. The ‘perceived’ difference between even 61% and say a 59% vote lets everyone declare it a ‘landslide’ and it gives pollies plenty of room to shoot it through parliament without fuss saying “we’ll its what the people wanted”.

Whether that’s the outcome is yet to be determined though, and trusting those lot is a braver choice than I’m willing to make.
    The surprising thing was that it was only 6/10 in favour of it

From the pro SSM campaign it was led to believe it was what was wanted by the people

I actually thought it would be much more clear cut but 4 in 10 saying no is still a sizeable amount of the population

It actually puts the pollies in a spot as they can't afford to disenchant 4/10 of the population nor can they afford to upset 6/10 of the population either

Interesting thing for mine was that Western Sydney more or less unanimously on the No side

Considering this is generally a multicultural mix but not only that it also the breeding group in society be interesting how this fairs in future when the immigration and breeding continues out there

goes to show that the immigrants of western sydney do not adhere to the majority values of australia once again, deport them all etc

hold on wait wat

133 electorates voted yes. 17 voted no. If this were an election it would be a rainbow coloured landslide.
    OK

That 4/10 can go suck a big fat sour sausage

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    That 4/10 can go suck a big fat sour sausage
    Wouldn't that be what a large favour of the 6/10 are advocating and the 4/10 don't want ??

give it a go you might cheer up a bit

I’ve often wondered how society would react if Indigenous folk were dancing in the streets telling all the whiteys to eat a bag cause they can’t climb Uluru anymore?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    give it a go you might cheer up a bit
    Sodomy??

Went for a proctology examination once

How anyone can find that stuff fun blows my mind

Plus the last ten years supporting the Jets has seen us all get sodomized repeatedly

Member has a good point about western Sydney though.

Plenty of the loudmouths in our society are more than happy to let all and sundry come here and bristle at the word ‘assimilate’ but dear god just don’t bring ‘that’ part of your culture here.

All of a sudden being selective is all cool cool.

I’ve often wondered how society would react if Indigenous folk were dancing in the streets telling all the whiteys to eat a bag cause they can’t climb Uluru anymore?
    this is a pretty bad take tbh, no one said that heteros can't get married, and tbh i'd be all for it if they wanted to, we've ravaged their lives enough for the last 200 years

Member has a good point about western Sydney though.

Plenty of the loudmouths in our society are more than happy to let all and sundry come here and bristle at the word ‘assimilate’ but dear god just don’t bring ‘that’ part of your culture here.

so the only mates that the australian far right have are the islamic terrorist reffos out in the west of sydney. these blokes are fkn lost mate

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Sodomy??

Went for a proctology examination once

How anyone can find that stuff fun blows my mind

Plus the last ten years supporting the Jets has seen us all get sodomized repeatedly
    Was your mind the only thing blown? haha

In all seriousness though, sodomy isn't limited to just homosexuals. The definition was actually broadened to cover any sexual act that doesn't result in procreation..
    You are right, we've had 10 years of copping it, but now most of us are committing sodomy when old Roy is banging in goals.. I know I'm whackin' off like a madman when we win..

i will let bon root me in the dunga if we beat sydney

i will let bon root me in the dunga if we beat sydney

Which makes this dual citizenship MP thing even stranger to me. We claim we want to embrace being multicultural until we actually realise how multicultural we are.

Da Membah can go move to the caliphate formerly known as Granville if he pleases. He'll be amongst like minded people there, it seems.
    OK

this is a pretty bad take tbh, no one said that heteros can't get married, and tbh i'd be all for it if they wanted to, we've ravaged their lives enough for the last 200 years
    I’ve no problem with either decision. I actually support both of them.
    I just found it interesting that we respected religion in one instance but considered it irrelevant it in the other. I’m not going to pretend for a second that I’m not a hypocrite on these types of things.

It should (hopefully) be a lesson to the lawmakers that you can’t please everyone. sometimes it’s gonna make you the bad guy, but if you aim to do what’s ‘right’ or ‘fair’ vs what is ‘popular’ you’ll be much better off.

I’ve just no idea why it’s now open season on anyone who objected. And FWIW, it seems to be a bunch of hetro’s doing the stupidity. Most of the gays are all like ‘cool cool let’s get on with it’.

i didn't see you defending the leftist snowflakes from brutal online assault when your man Don T got elected

i didn't see you defending the leftist snowflakes from brutal online assault when your man Don T got elected
    I was too busy snorting lines through 1000 dollar bills off a strippers ass that’s my bad.

Also, the only bloke crying was Parksey and he hates me anyway so what’s the point.