Page 156 of 242 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,120 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    "Does your **** open up like that flower?"

Do you use that one often? I bet you're a real charmer.
    For a start it just a crude euphemism to describe sexual activity so don't make it out to be anything else with feigned mock offensive outrage

Me I wouldn't use that line as it not me
    My method less in your face
    But I a big believer in being direct

You be surprised how effective it is at getting women across the line

Though I know people who are in your face and trust me they would use it they do use worse and they would work for them

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    We're not arguing about what the best pick up lines are.

This is about a man consistently harassing unsuspecting women at work over the space of a decade or more. He used sexually vulgar language and actions to intimidate and degrade people, whether he knew them well or not.

I actually have a colleague who he called repeatedly "just to chat" after a innocuous interview. We're not talking about being a bit overzealous at the bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

This is about a man consistently harassing unsuspecting women at work over the space of a decade or more. He used sexually vulgar language and actions to intimidate and degrade people, whether he knew them well or not.

I actually have a colleague who he called repeatedly "just to chat" after a innocuous interview. We're not talking about being a bit overzealous at the bar.
    Attn Member: ive highlighted the key words here to make it easier for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Unfortunately Parksey blokes behave like Don Burke because it actually for many of them produces the best results. Sure it's a brute force rather than efficient means to a solution - but it actually works more often than it should.

Would I do it ? Absolutely not. Do I think it's poor form ? Again yes. But there is a lot of female behaviours as well that is in very poor form which is rarely if ever mentioned.

Overall the problem is that enough women are attracted to controversy / excitement / drama to make a lot of men do the Don Burke type thing.

It's not the women's fault - it's just how it is. It's no different than how women pretty much sum up blokes within the first minute or so of meeting them pretty much solely based on looks. When a bloke doesn't feel he has the look to qualify so to speak they roll the dice on making themselves look exciting / controversial.

The thing is, if these blokes are nice and respectful to women they will in most cases be single / dateless for the rest of their lives. Because the women won't give them the time of day.

The other side of the coin is this - what about women that friend zone a bloke ? How is that any different ? especially when the bloke has made a serious effort only to not have the right look or bank balance.....

Obviously not sayng a boke buys a meal he should get dessert either - but not being direct from both parties causes problems.

Don Burke's crossed the line here but the problem is far deeper than just the actions of men like him. As always regulation will go too far and wipe out courting altogether for most men - and yet it will do nothing to stop pricks like Don Bourke doing what they do.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 03-12-2017 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    yes. You wouldn't expect females wanting media type careers to be throwing it out there to advance their careers.

Banned

No this is about a man being himself back 20/30 years ago and you trying to hold him up to your new age standards

Since when does Don Burke actually stop being at work being he is a celebrity etc??

Is it just when he in a garden ??

Or is it a 24-7 thing for him ??

You brought up your friend whom he called after an interview.

I assume once the interviews done and dusted he still at work in your eyes if he tries hitting on her a few days later despite the fact he may have been out of his back yard laying on his couch in his socks and jocks one day and picked up the phone to contact your friend to see what he could get happening with her??

Exactly what crime is he committing by being sleazy and aggressively pursuing sex??

Has had raped anyone??
    Has he touched someone up??

He just a man chasing sex hard using an approach you don't agree with

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    No you have it totally wrong. The bloke didn't solely attack weak targets - he attacked everyone. Back in the day he was fearless - he'd treat you like shit regardless of your sex, size, or status. He's not a coward who only targeted the weak - he's a very aggressive khunt.
    This x 1000. Its about total (anti)social behaviour toward all people not just at women and it must change. Women and men must be safe and free from harassment.

Note that if his assholedom was aimed soley at men it wouldnt be an issue.

Only recently where female bullying has been taken seriously and pulled up in work places ive been at but it doesnt make the media because it doesnt resonate with feminazi ideologies of which largely are big online media pushers

Banned
    One of the people digging the knife into him was Jessica Rowe

Claims on some panel chat show she was horrified by Don Burke announcing he "liked a good ****" when they were discussing swearing

Claims she was offended

By what???

His swearing or his comedy??

Like gee whiz

A Journalist getting offended by that needs to really give it up

One of the people digging the knife into him was Jessica Rowe

Claims on some panel chat show she was horrified by Don Burke announcing he "liked a good ****" when they were discussing swearing

Claims she was offended

By what???

His swearing or his comedy??

Like gee whiz

A Journalist getting offended by that needs to really give it up
    Totally agree with this sort of stuff.

To me that ‘sounds’ pretty inoffensive, and the fact it comes out years later is garbage.

But I ain’t talking about that type of behaviour.

The Weinstein case especially was a dude Way out of line who used that power to shut accusers down. That’s the stuff I ain’t cool with.

Again, if Weinstein did that shit on Tinder or at the pub it’s a different issue, but his crimes were in the workplace and that should never be acceptable.

Again as per my earlier post, people trying to lump Burke in with Weinstein are kidding themselves.

One thing that does interest me about today vs ‘the good ole days’ is that it ‘seems’ we were much nicer to each other back in the day, and we certainly showed more respect to authority and elders back then yeah?

The anonymity of social media has turned people into right ****s.

The world has never been so offensive yet so easily offended.

Same destination different path here but how about how we tell people to never give up and never take no for an answer when it comes to business ventures, sport and so on when facing adversity.

Yet when it comes to relationships the rules suddenly change. Mixed message or what . No wonder the people at the top of the social and business tree are often arseholes / narcissists - and yet we all cry foul when they treat people like a business transaction.

This is my opinion not based on facts or rigorous data / studies but I view all relationships as personal. I do not believe we should have a different set of rules for business transactions and another for social interactions.

If we encourage people to be ruthless in business or sport... and so on how on earth can we be surprised when socially these same people fail to meet another set of norms.

One thing that does interest me about today vs ‘the good ole days’ is that it ‘seems’ we were much nicer to each other back in the day, and we certainly showed more respect to authority and elders back then yeah?

True. Neo-Liberalism also saw all social relations reduced to a market ideology whereby everything has a price.

Same destination different path here but how about how we tell people to never give up and never take no for an answer when it comes to business ventures, sport and so on when facing adversity.
    yeah just on this there have been a fair few alum (both male and female) from Burkes show that went on to become very wealthy and 'successful' in their own right.

couple things of note.

Not sure any of them have come out against The Don.
    Wonder how many of them were happy Burkes management style was worth putting up with in order to achieve that fame and cash.
    Wonder how many of them incorporated Burkes management style into their own endeavours knowing it was a successful formula.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

This is a great point - 30 years ago we were so much more relaxed about name calling and general winding up - "sticks and stones" and all that.

Irish jokes et all were widespread and taken in good jest by the target. You could pass a saucy comment on a female form and it was taken as just that.

At school we had a lunchtime football comp - the teams were sorted by race and the names were "Spicks", "Wogs", "Yugos", "Boongs" and "Aussies". The kids picked those names themselves and called themselves those names - there were no claims of racism, no parents complained to the school, the teachers didn't drag us off to counselling....it didn't make the papers.

We all played together, went to each others houses and learnt each others cultures - we were all mates who had great fun ripping each other off.

Words were always that - just words.

The world is now full of keyboard warriors and narcissists with a daily axe to grind on the merest perceived insult.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    This is a great point - 30 years ago we were so much more relaxed about name calling and general winding up - "sticks and stones" and all that.

Irish jokes et all were widespread and taken in good jest by the target. You could pass a saucy comment on a female form and it was taken as just that.

At school we had a lunchtime football comp - the teams were sorted by race and the names were "Spicks", "Wogs", "Yugos", "Boongs" and "Aussies". The kids picked those names themselves and called themselves those names - there were no claims of racism, no parents complained to the school, the teachers didn't drag us off to counselling....it didn't make the papers.

We all played together, went to each others houses and learnt each others cultures - we were all mates who had great fun ripping each other off.

The world is now full of keyboard warriors and narcissists with a daily axe to grind on the merest perceived insult.
    The world now being full of brain dead insecure half wits any coincidence ??

Maybe growing up being called fat, maybe growing up being called ugly maybe growing up being bullied actually worked ??

Sure toughened me up not to be such an insecure **** when life don't go perfectly as today's generation are

Maybe if we spent less time pandering to anyone out there trying to find anything so they can take the victim angle then the world actually would work better

It did once before

Also remember first coach spray we received - full on, we got called "useless" and to get out there and have a go.

We went out and came from behind to win and won the grand final the following year.

We were 11 years old - wouldn't happen now because it is wrong in juniors to have winners and losers, and heaven help anyone who yells at his players.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post

Agreed same experience for me as well. But it all went to shit around 1988 or so when government and big business made a big deal about the Bicentenary with Australia Day Celebrations of a magnitude rarely if ever seen before. Old wounds were opened up and it's been on a downward slope ever since.

Prior to that every one of my mates had a nickname and more often than not it was a reference to their heritage / culture. Some people took things too far and people definitely were offended in the past as well - but it was rarely on purpose in the sly underhanded manner it is today.

The "I'm not a racist but" line was never around when I was a kid / teenager - it's a recent thing.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 04-12-2017 at 03:39 PM.

here is another example of how soft kids are these days: For those who don't know it's called a balance bike and it's for children to learn how to steer and balance themselves before "progressing" to a real bike.

Seriously, in the 70's you would have beat the shit out of anyone for even suggesting you put training wheels on the kids bike. This balance bike shit is essentially putting them in a dress and chopping their balls off.

Government needs to step in before it's too late.

All kids should learn to ride a real bike before they are four, make a Sling Shot at 5, fire BB Guns at 6, a Chemistry set, at 7, pipe bombs at 8... and so on.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 04-12-2017 at 07:12 PM.

Banned
    here is another example of how soft kids are these days: For those who don't know it's called a balance bike and it's for children to learn how to steer and balance themselves before "progressing" to a real bike.

Seriously, in the 70's you would have beat the shit out of anyone for even suggesting you put training wheels on the kids bike. This balance bike shit is essentially putting them in a dress and chopping their balls off.

Government needs to step in before it's too late.

All kids should learn to ride a real bike before they are four, make a Sling Shot at 5, fire BB Guns at 6, a Chemistry set, at 7, pipe bombs at 8... and so on.
    But most of those skill sets you are advocating are skills that will have you labelled a terrorist not a kid getting your hands dirty these days

Cunce have no common sense

This the same dumb arse country that won't let you take a bottle of ****ing water bought behind security on an international flight yet will let you take a bottle of water on a plane bought behind security on an international flight when leaving this country

Cunce don't worry about common sense when they don't have any to start with

But most of those skill sets you are advocating are skills that will have you labelled a terrorist not a kid getting your hands dirty these days

Cunce have no common sense

This the same dumb arse country that won't let you take a bottle of ****ing water bought behind security on an international flight yet will let you take a bottle of water on a plane bought behind security on an international flight when leaving this country

Cunce don't worry about common sense when they don't have any to start with
    Agreed. Kids these day's are filled with fear from the day they are born, by parents that have taken all the media bullshit hook line and sinker.

On one hand the boy's are being held back from doing boy / man type things. The girls on the other-hand it's the other extreme in that they are pressured to grow up too quick, look and act a certain way.. and so on.

Kids need to be kids and it seems like recent generations are being robbed of their childhood and instead being manipulated into controllable little consumers.