Page 168 of 242 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,360 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

What's all the fuss? It was just plain vanilla sexual penetration

Tongue firmly in cheek.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Probably more unsettling is the filth plenty of self righteous wankers are now preaching

Plenty of them probably should spend a bit less time wanting to judge others and leave that to god

If this decision on appeal gets overturned then the shit is gonna hit the fan OJ style

Being that the first trial was deadlocked dont be surprised if an appeal getts up
    Whether an appeal gets up or not, the Christian Church in general has taken such a reputation hit here. I wonder what god will do about that.
    OK

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Whether an appeal gets up or not, the Christian Church in general has taken such a reputation hit here. I wonder what god will do about that.
    Church has been taking hits for years

I sure they will survive

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Leave that to "god"??
    The alleged entity that allowed the bloke that is 'third closest to him' to jam his phallus in a kids mouth?? Yeah, great idea..
    God gives us free choice to do as we please

Pell will have his judgement when he faces him

My point being society could learn from the great book here and actually stop being so judgemental on others

The amount of pile on from our aethist bretheren in society has been cringe worthy to say the least

My point being society could learn from the great book here and actually stop being so judgemental on others

The amount of pile on from our aethist bretheren in society has been cringe worthy to say the least
    Cool story, did the big imaginary sky dude tell you that?
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

no. freedom of religion lets us believe who we want to believe and to live a life according to your particular rules.

thankfully though, the law of the land trumps any and all religious beliefs, so Pell had his judgement at the hands of a panel of his peers.

As of right now, he is a convicted criminal and should be jailed.
    If, in the future the law of the land decides to rescind its decision, then good for him.

But George Pell is a paedophile, and should be treated as such. Yours, my, or anyone elses God cant reverse that, no matter how hard anyone wants to believe it.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Hopefully the jury stop being so judgemental and realise that he didn’t break any of God’s rules/laws.

There’s plenty of paedophiles in society that are not Christian. But they are taking a hit, because he’s quite high up in the Church. Same as NRL takes a hit each week because their players do the wrong thing.
    If they found a lot of teachers doing inappropriate thing, the profession would be scrutinised.
    Same goes for any group, demographic or occupation.

I think the continued cover up and reluctance of any person in power to do anything about it is a disgrace. That’s the bigger issue and that’s why the organisation is taking most of the hit imo. Things happen, that’s on the individual. When things are not dealt with and allowed to continue, that’s on the organisation.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    no. freedom of religion lets us believe who we want to believe and to live a life according to your particular rules.

thankfully though, the law of the land trumps any and all religious beliefs, so Pell had his judgement at the hands of a panel of his peers.

As of right now, he is a convicted criminal and should be jailed.
    If, in the future the law of the land decides to rescind its decision, then good for him.

But George Pell is a paedophile, and should be treated as such. Yours, my, or anyone elses God cant reverse that, no matter how hard anyone wants to believe it.
    My point being is that being locked up in gaol aint gonna be his only punishment

God will be delivering something much more effective in the future

No problem with anyone tried and convicted fairly getting their come uppance. But as far as I'm concerned that is the end of the story.

What irks me is the media play to heighten emotions and drag it out - the rabid scrums outside courts and endless questions that will not be answered, not to mention the tirades from members of the public who have nothing better to do than stand outside a courthouse and yell abuse. It is one of the reasons I no longer watch televised news.

Then there is the social media fallout and demand for more likes on an endless story to keep it in the public eye as long as possible.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    No problem with anyone tried and convicted fairly getting their come uppance. But as far as I'm concerned that is the end of the story.

What irks me is the media play to heighten emotions and drag it out - the rabid scrums outside courts and endless questions that will not be answered, not to mention the tirades from members of the public who have nothing better to do than stand outside a courthouse and yell abuse. It is one of the reasons I no longer watch televised news.

Then there is the social media fallout and demand for more likes on an endless story to keep it in the public eye as long as possible.

Will add rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post

so you dont watch post match shows after Jets games then?
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Nuh mate....live for the now. Haven't seen anything of the Adelaide game since final whistle blew.

Last night I did though...difference between getting more wound up to looking back at good moments.

Michael Daley just said if he becomes Premier of NSW he'll sack Alan Jones and the entire SCG trust board.

I'll be voting Labor this state election.

I'll vote twice if he promises to sack the shitkhunt live on TV.

**** Alan Jones.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Are we Peta Credlin fans or hate her, where are we at team

https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6011060807001
    OK

Banned

She just on Liberal propoganda mode for the Election right now

No balance with Sky at all

They dont want ScoMo either but they wont ever plug Labor

I don't really know who she is so I don't really have an opinion on her. The name makes me think she was previously involved in politics, I feel like I've heard it somewhere.

Anyway I find the headline pretty funny, since my opinion would be the exact opposite - Labor are trash at politics but good at government. Majority of innovative and progressive/major policies I feel have come when Labor have been in government. Usually a bit rough around the edges, but the basis for really good, solid ideas are there.

Her "big policy" issues of border protection, national security (doesn't the government tell us these are essentially the same thing?) and "economic growth", I would also tend to disagree with pretty much everything the Libs have done on those issues in recent times.

So based on reading the article blurb, nah don't rate her.

when she first came on TV i enjoyed listening to her as she was very analytical in explaining the way Parliament and politics really work.
    She was also the reason why so many MP's hated Tony Abbott which means that if she managed to rile up a bunch of elitist old white dudes then im all up on her side.

she always seems to be very comfortable speaking her mind, not just blabbing on a party line.

to be fair, now that she has her own show I dont watch as one can only imagine its a pretty watered down version of her true self.

would def like to see more of her type of personality on the floor of Parliament though, not these quota filling stooges that keep getting put forward (FFS yes im looking at you Alexander Downers daughter).
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I don't really know who she is so I don't really have an opinion on her. The name makes me think she was previously involved in politics, I feel like I've heard it somewhere.
    She was Tony Abbotts chief of staff.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Majority of innovative and progressive/major policies I feel have come when Labor have been in government. Usually a bit rough around the edges, but the basis for really good, solid ideas are there.
    im interested in what you are talking about here.
    because imho, the 'big ideas' never usually come from Politicians, and the actual role of the pollies is to implement these big ideas, and im not sure anyone has a good track record there.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    when she first came on TV i enjoyed listening to her as she was very analytical in explaining the way Parliament and politics really work.
    She was also the reason why so many MP's hated Tony Abbott which means that if she managed to rile up a bunch of elitist old white dudes then im all up on her side.

she always seems to be very comfortable speaking her mind, not just blabbing on a party line.

to be fair, now that she has her own show I dont watch as one can only imagine its a pretty watered down version of her true self.

would def like to see more of her type of personality on the floor of Parliament though, not these quota filling stooges that keep getting put forward (FFS yes im looking at you Alexander Downers daughter).
    Credlin is as dumb as a box of rocks Plague. Her hubby is the driving force behind every appointment she's ever been gifted.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 08-03-2019 at 03:26 PM.