Page 175 of 242 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,500 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    So why so much butthurt from so many people about him?
    Because Americans don't like to look weak. They liked to think they had a tough all-powerful leader without all the bad stuff of a dictatorship. They want a Putin but still want to be able to finger each other's buttholes without being sent to the Gulag.

I just like to remind anyone that thinks he's doing a good job that he's a sham. He's an infomercial of a president. He said he was going to do so many things and has either not done them or done the exact opposite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    On second thought. Pretty dumb question. We survived Abbott.
    Abbott's legacy will be that he was the only one who got it right about the NBN.

But everyone apparantly knew better.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Abbott's legacy will be that he was the only one who got it right about the NBN.

What did he get right about the NBN?
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Obama was in charge when Sandy Hook happened. It is by far the biggest stain on his legacy and he should be eternally embarrassed and called out for quite possibly the most pissweak act of 'leadership' that country has seen in recent memory.

The man who told the world he was all about Hope and Change couldn't even convince the country to do something about a bunch of ****ing school kids getting slaughtered.

But yeah sorry, "orange man bad".

Obama was in charge when Sandy Hook happened. It is by far the biggest stain on his legacy and he should be eternally embarrassed and called out for quite possibly the most pissweak act of 'leadership' that country has seen in recent memory.

The man who told the world he was all about Hope and Change couldn't even convince the country to do something about a bunch of ****ing school kids getting slaughtered.

But yeah sorry, "orange man bad".
    Are your trying to bring Obama down because he couldn't beat the NRA? Nice try mate, until you find anyone who can take them on to compare to you are pushing bullshit uphill. Obama did plenty of things wrong, not taking on the NRA wasn't one them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I just like to remind anyone that thinks he's doing a good job that he's a sham. He's an infomercial of a president. He said he was going to do so many things and has either not done them or done the exact opposite.
    And all those people saying he wouldn't survive one year, one month, before something bad happens to him were also wrong. Or that he would flick the trigger. Or whatever. I don't see the point in all the rage, particularly as you note he means nothing.

And it is worth noting he is absolutely NAILING being a politician - in that he expertly diverts attention to anything other than real issues. See the plebiscite in Australia for a recent eg of pure wizardry in this regard also.

And wrt Abbott and Australian PMs.. I have never seen a PM's name on my voting sheets.
    OK

???

Was that the "cheaper, better, faster" version that was none of those things?

Are your trying to bring Obama down because he couldn't beat the NRA? Nice try mate, until you find anyone who can take them on to compare to you are pushing bullshit uphill. Obama did plenty of things wrong, not taking on the NRA wasn't one them.
    It was Obamas job to protect his citizens. If he couldnt garner any support after 27 kids and teachers got slaughtered then to me thats ineffective leadership.

Also, onto this "NRA is all powerful and untouchable" narrative that keeps getting trotted out every time someone 'in charge' doesnt want to lead.

In the 2018 election cycle the NRA donated $35m to political parties (obvs overwhelmingly to Republicans).

Sheldon Adelson alone, ALONE, donated $125m, again, to republicans. Go look up his history in the courts. Plenty of stoushes with the law, and no one ever seems to consider him 'untouchable'.

Also, the top 10 individuals (your Bloombergs, Soros etc) donating money to the Democrats in the same cycle equalled about $250m.
    You all sit there and say "oooohhhhhh the NRA brought off all the pollies" but their spend is a drop in the ocean compared to the rest.

There is also a huge difference between "lets go get thurrr guns" and "lets make the country safe". Obama went nowhere near it, again despite him doing all those cool speeches hes known for.
    He was a very good talker, he was a brilliant salesman, he also presided over 27 kids and teaches getting shot up at their ****ing school and changed NOTHING. Sorry, but hes gotta wear that.

I aint saying hes the worst bloke in the history of the universe (that is Hutcho), but man oh man, the people who love caping up for the bloke have some selective memories.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

What did he get right about the NBN?
    His angle was that by the time the NBN (as it is now) was designed, funded, implemented* and was finished, that wireless technology would have overtaken it and that we should have at least invested more money into that then putting all the eggs in the NBN basket.

He also suggested that the NBN should be prioritised into the major cities for the users that needed the real benefits of it (schools, big business, universites, hospitals) where as the pollies in charge started it in a ****ing swinging electorate just to try and score come votes. Let 5g (and its successors) go to households and share the load.

*now, the implementation was the key word here. The idea of superfast internet is brilliant and sensible. But Abbott knew full well that the idea of ripping 500yr old cables out of every home/road/building in the country was going to be way more expensive and difficult that the NBN truthers let on. Again, the idea was great, the implementation was (and still is) horrific. The Govt bit off more than it could chew, and couldnt get the job done. He knew it, and wanted a rethink, but the great Turnbull disciples in the media and public wanted nothing of it, and forged ahead with a horrible plan.

Funny though, the NBN was what brought on the Turnbull/Abbott stink, then they chose the NBN and Turnbull. Both were garbage and they binned the one they could get rid of. and here we are with an incomplete NBN and the imminent arrival of Shorten as PM.

weird.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    And all those people saying he wouldn't survive one year, one month, before something bad happens to him were also wrong. Or that he would flick the trigger. Or whatever. I don't see the point in all the rage, particularly as you note he means nothing.

The media reported 'as fact' that there was collusion.
    The media has been exposed as lying about the whole investigation.
    The media is not supposed to lie about these things if they consider themselves the arbiters of truth justice and the american way.
    They played themselves and were made to look stupid.

All along they should have just concentrated on his policy. Attack that all you want. Lord knows theres plenty of ammo there. But now the 2020 election is going to be about the media, and how dishonest they are. The public is gonna side with him over this, because he is right.
    Seems like I am WRONG

also, for a country more than willing to go the stink with anyone out there who is doing the wrong thing, id have thought taking on ISIS would be way harder than the NRA.
    but i guess thats not the case.
    Seems like I am WRONG

The media reported 'as fact' that there was collusion.
    The media has been exposed as lying about the whole investigation.
    The media is not supposed to lie about these things if they consider themselves the arbiters of truth justice and the american way.
    They played themselves and were made to look stupid.

All along they should have just concentrated on his policy. Attack that all you want. Lord knows theres plenty of ammo there. But now the 2020 election is going to be about the media, and how dishonest they are. The public is gonna side with him over this, because he is right.
    No chance they covered up any evidence of collusion to protect the country? Cause that's what I would do if I was in their position. FBI would have control over the mouth piece of the nation.

Banned
    also, for a country more than willing to go the stink with anyone out there who is doing the wrong thing, id have thought taking on ISIS would be way harder than the NRA.
    Hard for them to take on themselves Plague

They comcocted the group in the first place

NRA has over 5 million paying members and millions more supporters. They have en entire TV/media network. They are as engrained in the US people as the Church.

ISIS is a bunch of terrorists in a war torn country making how to videos and using the US media against it.

ISIS are much larger threat to society and have done truly atrocious things, please don't misunderstand that, but the NRA are a much larger organisation to take on.

His angle was that by the time the NBN (as it is now) was designed, funded, implemented* and was finished, that wireless technology would have overtaken it and that we should have at least invested more money into that then putting all the eggs in the NBN basket.

He also suggested that the NBN should be prioritised into the major cities for the users that needed the real benefits of it (schools, big business, universites, hospitals) where as the pollies in charge started it in a ****ing swinging electorate just to try and score come votes. Let 5g (and its successors) go to households and share the load.

*now, the implementation was the key word here. The idea of superfast internet is brilliant and sensible. But Abbott knew full well that the idea of ripping 500yr old cables out of every home/road/building in the country was going to be way more expensive and difficult that the NBN truthers let on. Again, the idea was great, the implementation was (and still is) horrific. The Govt bit off more than it could chew, and couldnt get the job done. He knew it, and wanted a rethink, but the great Turnbull disciples in the media and public wanted nothing of it, and forged ahead with a horrible plan.

Funny though, the NBN was what brought on the Turnbull/Abbott stink, then they chose the NBN and Turnbull. Both were garbage and they binned the one they could get rid of. and here we are with an incomplete NBN and the imminent arrival of Shorten as PM.

weird.
    Yeah, cause 5G is going to be heaps better for those outside of major cities? (hint, it won't be)

NBN could have been just as quick and reliable, it was just half arsed by Liberals as an election gimmick.

No chance they covered up any evidence of collusion to protect the country? Cause that's what I would do if I was in their position. FBI would have control over the mouth piece of the nation.
    nope.
    none.

the media has been reporting it as fact for years. they have cited 'sources' within the Govt and all major intelligence agencies. They all said there was collusion.
    yet, no one can find any evidence, no one will speak on the record and the official govt report (that was being run by people who HATE Trump) said there was nothing.

If there was the slightest piece of truth in this, the media would fall over each other to break it.

the fact is there was nothing, there never was anything and the media have been made to look like fools.

add to that todays news about Avenatti and Geragos (go look them up) and its been a bad bad week for the #nevertrumpers.
    Seems like I am WRONG

NRA has over 5 million paying members and millions more supporters. They have en entire TV/media network. They are as engrained in the US people as the Church.

ISIS is a bunch of terrorists in a war torn country making how to videos and using the US media against it.

ISIS are much larger threat to society and have done truly atrocious things, please don't misunderstand that, but the NRA are a much larger organisation to take on.

So 5 million NRA members, that seems to leave about 320m Americans who arent members. Those 320m people arent worth at least trying to get on your side? ok then.

At their peak ISIS was making $3m per day from seized oil assets.
    The Japanese bombed a bunch of American ships on home soil.
    The Nazis delighted in gassing millions of people because of their religion.
    A bunch of weirdos flew some planes into some buildings on 9/11.

American thought that was reason enough to fight back.

27 kids and teachers. meh, in the words of SHY, 'accidents happen'.
    Obama obviously didnt think that was reason enough to fight back.
    ok then.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Yeah, cause 5G is going to be heaps better for those outside of major cities? (hint, it won't be)

NBN could have been just as quick and reliable, it was just half arsed by Liberals as an election gimmick.
    The big thing for me was the whole point of the original was that it was future proofed. Once it got taken to by Malcolm and Tony (I don't know who did what), that selling point is gone and its still something that will have to be upgraded once again. I don't yet have it myself so I don't even know if its any good. I know a lot of people complain who do have it that it still doesn't meet their needs, let alone into the future. (Not saying the original rollout would have gone flawlessly either).

yeah look im not any person to say whether one is 'better' than the other. it certainly seems like everyone is saying 5g and NBN should work in tandem before 6g arrives in 2030 and does the job properly. and yes, the Liberals idea of FTTN vs FTTP was half assed, i doubt anyone disputes this.

but was it more half assed than the totally pie in the sky forecasts that the original architects of the program quoted?
    they seem to have been only 40-50 Billion out in their estimates (and thats inc the Liberal shortcuts). My only point is that Abbott said if we are gonna spend 90b, lets look at all the options. Turnbull said, "nah NBN or die and im right". I doubt you can say Turnbull got it right.

if they were in private enterprise they would have been fired and jailed for being so horrifically bad at their jobs. yet we 'seem' to be ok with it because the tap of govt revenue never seems to run out.
    Seems like I am WRONG

27 kids and teachers. meh, in the words of SHY, 'accidents happen'.
    Obama obviously didnt think that was reason enough to fight back.
    ok then.
    Obama put forward legislation for simple pre-purchase background checks, which is at least the bare minimum regulation that should be in effect... It was shot down by Congress. He and his party had built up a huge amount of support after his white house speeches for gun control, they then put forward a simple legislation change to help and even back ground checks couldn't make it through Congress??? Yet, it's all Obama's fault some **** stick shot 27 kids!! Your logic is immeasurable... (By logic I mean stupidity)

He did manage to pass a law so that people with mental health issues had to pass background checks before purchasing guns... But that was revoked by your mate Trump! Any excuses for that one?

Heck, got ANY facts to back up your stupidity on this one Plague? You sound like someone trying to justify water-boarding in Guantanamo Bay, "well even tho we didn't have proof that were terrorists, at least they didn't commit any bombings whilst we were water-boarding them?"