Page 186 of 242 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,720 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    Well Howard did try to bring in Work Choices. Made it really really hard to have industrial action and so on and son. Those older than 30 should know all about that.

I'll go there. And well. The Libs did cut penalty rates.
    Workchoices never took away any of the unions power. It def gave people a reason to 'want' to fend for themselves in private enterprise. But it also 'should' have been the greatest recruitment drive for the unions ever.....but (i dont think) their actual numbers increased. Again, the problem was "we feel screwed, who can we turn to?". and the fact the answer wasnt the union was the bit that troubled me.

as for penalty rates. the amount of money and the amount of people the original 'cut' affect was so minimal it should never have mattered (go look up what they actually wanted to do). but the Libs let Labor dictate the message so they were ****ed.
    also, go look up what penalty rates were actually introduced for back in the day. they werent done to pay a shop assistant more f they work on a saturday arvo vs a saturday morning. we live in a 7 day economy. in the same way you shouldnt get slugged extra if you buy your groceries, petrol or coffee on a saturday, we dont need to pay those people more for being there.

then, after all this, go look what Shorten actually did to a bunch of the same people in a CBA when he was boss of the union. he scuttled penalty rates in favour of a better flat rate. i totally agreed with this approach, it made things easier for the employer. but history will show that Bill Shorten was the one that 'actually' cut penalty rates for massive amount of people. but somehow he was always looked upon as a saviour.

again, good to see you back SB. you've always been one of the real ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    again, good to see you back SB. you've always been one of the real ones.
    Personally I actually think there are certain jobs where the minimum wage is just way too high. These are the jobs for the high school kids/uni students, stay at home parents and pensioners wanting a top up. These are not the type of jobs that you would expect to be buying a house with or renting in Cooks Hill. And I say this as a fairly hardcore communist type of guy. Yet if you go onto Seek. Just have a look at the skills/experience/qualifications that are now needed. It's ****ing insane. In Germany checkout people who either really young students or old pensioners. Go to your local supermarket and they are all middle ages.

The problem is. Thanks to a number of reasons. Cost of living has required minimum wage to sky rocket.

I love the comment "You have your own business. Must be doing alright" hahaha yeah righto ****.

So yeah. We need to fix the expectations that certain jobs are a solid meal ticket to success when they are nothing of the kind basically.
    Last edited by Skirt Boy; 24-05-2019 at 08:56 PM.

Yet if you go onto Seek. Just have a look at the skills/experience/qualifications that are now needed.
    totally agree. my theory is that we live in a world now where bosses arent actually in charge. if they see a resume with all the boxes ticked they can cover their ass by saying "well, they are qualified", where as in the olden days you would have had a person in charge actually say "you know, this person is the best for the job so im hiring them". the corporate world is now about box ticking and ass covering. there is no innovation, or free thinking. its ****ing sad, but it also shouldnt surprise anyone when the real business leaders are doofus' with big ideas and big balls (or the female equivalent).

I love the comment "You have your own business. Must be doing alright" hahaha yeah righto ****.
    wait, who said that? i didnt say that. because its not ever really true at all is it.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

totally agree. my theory is that we live in a world now where bosses arent actually in charge. if they see a resume with all the boxes ticked they can cover their ass by saying "well, they are qualified", where as in the olden days you would have had a person in charge actually say "you know, this person is the best for the job so im hiring them". the corporate world is now about box ticking and ass covering. there is no innovation, or free thinking. its ****ing sad, but it also shouldnt surprise anyone when the real business leaders are doofus' with big ideas and big balls (or the female equivalent).

wait, who said that? i didnt say that. because its not ever really true at all is it.

Yep. Totally ****ed. A lot of the qualifications should be done on the job as well. Expecting a young person to fork out a fwe thousand just to get a shitkickers job on a construction site is ****ing stupid.

Oh yeah hahaha was supposed to be a longer post. The comment came up by a mate a few weeks ago.

Personally I actually think there are certain jobs where the minimum wage is just way too high. These are the jobs for the high school kids/uni students, stay at home parents and pensioners wanting a top up. These are not the type of jobs that you would expect to be buying a house with or renting in Cooks Hill. And I say this as a fairly hardcore communist type of guy. Yet if you go onto Seek. Just have a look at the skills/experience/qualifications that are now needed. It's ****ing insane. In Germany checkout people who either really young students or old pensioners. Go to your local supermarket and they are all middle ages.

The problem is. Thanks to a number of reasons. Cost of living has required minimum wage to sky rocket.

So yeah. We need to fix the expectations that certain jobs are a solid meal ticket to success when they are nothing of the kind basically.
    Labour Queuing is the reason for the increase in skills / experience required - it's got absolutely nothing to do with a person's ability to do the job.
    Minimum wage has been rising slower than the profit share of income for a very long time. So it's a stretch to call the minimum wage too high.
    Studies have been fairly conclusive in showing that the lowest paying occupations are in fact undervalued more so than over.
    Some very highly paid occupations are indeed excessively overvalued - simply because of the countervailing power of those in the industry - Finance/Banking / Insurance the main suspects.
    Then you have small business who basically get abused by workers wanting more money and large companies who though inefficient have enough market power to destroy the smaller businesses using predatory pricing, poaching talent, or simply acquiring / absorbing them.

It's a massive shit show and my only conclusion is I have no idea how to fix it. I just try to find a position for myself with the right balance of risk / reward. I think it's really all any of us can do.

Israel Folau now begging for donations to fund his legal fight against ARU.
    What a world we live in.

Im not sure even Izzy will want some of the 'support' that is gonna come his way now.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Israel Folau now begging for donations to fund his legal fight against ARU.
    What a world we live in.

Im not sure even Izzy will want some of the 'support' that is gonna come his way now.
    He apparently turned down a $1million settlement offered to him by the ARU.

Poor blokes getting absolutely shithouse advice from his crew.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    He apparently turned down a $1million settlement offered to him by the ARU.

Poor blokes getting absolutely shithouse advice from his crew.
    oh, you think when Australias version of Tommy Robinson turns up with a cheque that Izzys gonna be ok being in the photo?

buddy has put himself in this hole. I for one, am enjoying it immensely.
    Seems like I am WRONG

oh, you think when Australias version of Tommy Robinson turns up with a cheque that Izzys gonna be ok being in the photo?

buddy has put himself in this hole. I for one, am enjoying it immensely.
    Absolutely nothing to do with my comment - I think I misread yours as I didn't know about the other support being so dire - I was thinking only in terms of advice from his family, friends and church.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 21-06-2019 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Absolutely nothing to do with my comment. I was commenting on the ARU offer only.
    No that was my point too.
    Why the hell is he groveling for money? Those same people who told him to turn down the million are telling him to slide in with all the other bigots handing over their cheques.

None of this, from day one, has been thought through.

Legit though, judging from his comments and just how much he believes in God, that dude will listen to anyone.

The other one that has def tickled my fancybone over the past few weeks (sorry ive been away from the world and just catching up).
    This whole John Setka thing. Whoo boy.
    Here is a repeat convicted criminal, as in dozens of convictions.
    But his whole life he has skated, and controls a ****ing federal political party.
    but 'maybe' be (lets face it, slightly) critical of the wrong person, and you're out.
    it made all of them, Albo included look like fools. and you think hes gonna walk away from all that power?
    bahhahahaah. this is gonna be one hell of a shitstorm, and id still back Setka to win it.
    think about it, a ****ing repeat criminal and a bloke who is the face of the worst of our labour movement, and he cant be touched, not even by the top of our political spectrum.
    thats just wild man.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Speaking to Alan Jones on Radio 2GB on Friday morning, Folau said he did not mean to offend people with his homophobic posts.

'From my perspective this comes from a place of love... so they can repent if they chose to and turn away from that and can go to heaven.'
    yeah im pretty convinced that this bloke is a bit slow.
    Seems like I am WRONG

yeah im pretty convinced that this bloke is a bit slow.
    Yep. What he said has no place in today's society. I don't wish the guy ill will though. I sincerely hope he learns from it. We have all said things that are problematic. It's human nature. I've said shocking things. Even on this Foz.

Yep. What he said has no place in today's society. I don't wish the guy ill will though. I sincerely hope he learns from it. We have all said things that are problematic. It's human nature. I've said shocking things. Even on this Foz.
    oh its not even the homophobic stuff that makes me think hes a bit off.

its this insistence on the existence of a God like creature and a Devil like being that weird me out.
    Im all for everyone having their own boogie and honestly admire people that find inner peace through a belief in a movement or church, but even the most fervent churchie i know doesnt actually think theres a big bearded dude up in the clouds.

but this guy comes across as thinking there are actual pearly gates up there in the clouds and a big cave under the earth full of fire and people who skip shouts at the pub.

thats just another level of bizarre.

and the fact hes trying to 'help' all the gays by letting them know what will happen if they dont jump to his side of the fence, and doesnt think any of this is offensive.

its all a bit much for me.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Oh for sure I agree 100%

I'm in the camp where we should instead of being outraged. Explain to somebody why their words are upsetting and educate them. Be nice too each other...........Except Coastie, Liverpool and Arsenal fans **** those guys.

oh its not even the homophobic stuff that makes me think hes a bit off.

its this insistence on the existence of a God like creature and a Devil like being that weird me out.
    Im all for everyone having their own boogie and honestly admire people that find inner peace through a belief in a movement or church, but even the most fervent churchie i know doesnt actually think theres a big bearded dude up in the clouds.

but this guy comes across as thinking there are actual pearly gates up there in the clouds and a big cave under the earth full of fire and people who skip shouts at the pub.

and the fact hes trying to 'help' all the gays by letting them know what will happen if they dont jump to his side of the fence, and doesnt think any of this is offensive.

Have you read the King James Bible ? It's actually worth a read if you haven't just to get an idea of how out of context much of what Folau and other fanatics are claiming.

It's also worth noting much like Trade Unions - the bible has influenced a lot more in our lives than often realised - both good and bad.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 21-06-2019 at 03:52 PM.

I dont think you're as liberated as you think. Any boogie can include these things and brings inner peace. If you cant accept it than bigotry is your pal. Ignore it or disagree and move on like most adults although I dont think there's much maturity around as there used to be.

I dont go for it but im ok he is. some think allah will give you virg's, not my cup but not gonna have an outrage. some believe carbon is killing the earth others that there are 5000 climate cycles going on. We have a pecking order of social agendas going on and the most protected gets the outrage over the least cared about.

If it's against the law dont do it. If it may offend some feelings bad luck. To all idolators, power to you for not giving any f***s unlike those other wangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I dont think you're as liberated as you think. Any boogie can include these things and brings inner peace. If you cant accept it than bigotry is your pal. Ignore it or disagree and move on like most adults although I dont think there's much maturity around as there used to be.
    oh i dont think its about being more liberated or woke than the next bloke.
    as my post said, im all for people believing what they want. having beliefs in a higher power is not what im mocking.

Just like flat earthers, ill never not giggle at the thought of someone believing theres a dude up in the clouds behind a set of pearly gates and a big cave at the bottom of the earth.

you can entertain these fools, i wont.
    Seems like I am WRONG

oh wow now it looks like the fundraising page has been shut down.
    they've issued refunds to donors as it 'violates their terms of service'.

this is all getting real weird.
    what terms of service got violated? because it doesnt seem like Folau was being anything but honest about it.
    Seems like I am WRONG

oh wow now it looks like the fundraising page has been shut down.
    they've issued refunds to donors as it 'violates their terms of service'.

this is all getting real weird.
    what terms of service got violated? because it doesnt seem like Folau was being anything but honest about it.
    Folau to start a new GoFundme page to fund his appeal to Gofundme to let him have a gofundme page to fund his legal case against the ARU.