Page 187 of 242 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,740 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    oh wow now it looks like the fundraising page has been shut down.
    they've issued refunds to donors as it 'violates their terms of service'.

this is all getting real weird.
    what terms of service got violated? because it doesnt seem like Folau was being anything but honest about it.
    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...rms-of-service

"While we welcome GoFundMes engaging in diverse civil debate, we do not tolerate the promotion of discrimination or exclusion … Our platform exists to help people help others"

GoFundMe’s terms of service say it can take down funds that are “for the legal defence of alleged crimes associated with hate, violence, harassment, bullying, discrimination, terrorism or intolerance of any kind relating to race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, sex, gender or gender identity or serious disabilities or diseases”.
    OK

i just hope all the people getting GFM tatts on their forearms in solidarity with the new peoples champ werent the same ones picketing that cake shop that didnt want to bake a wedding cake for a certain customer.

because as much as im down with a company like GFM, or QANTAS or RU setting their standards, if we dig down just a week bit im sure theres gonna be a looooooooooooooooooooot of hypocrisy raising its head in all this.

maybe people just need to turn their celebrations down to a level 3 or 4 volume on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Whats with all the hate with GFM closing it down ?. Regardless of whether one agrees with Folau's stance or not the reality is it is a GFM platform and they can choose who uses it. When you choose to use a service provided by another you are always at the mercy of there discretion.

I am sure with a little assistance Falau can have another online avenue for revenue up and running and those who feel strongly enough and agree with his stance will go to the trouble of seeking it out and re contributing or increasing there original commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Whats with all the hate with GFM closing it down ?. Regardless of whether one agrees with Folau's stance or not the reality is it is a GFM platform and they can choose who uses it. When you choose to use a service provided by another you are always at the mercy of there discretion.

I am sure with a little assistance Falau can have another online avenue for revenue up and running and those who feel strongly enough and agree with his stance will go to the trouble of seeking it out and re contributing or increasing there original commitment.
    agreed, but again, they were quick to stand behind their T's and C's which was dope, but old mate Christian baker wanted to stand behind his and everyone was like "NOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPEEEEEEEE".

Then twitter has already tracked down that GFM helped raise money for Eggboy who was on charges of assault* so these watertight terms and conditions al of a sudden dont look so watertight.

again, im happy to live in a world where GFM just says "nope, no bigots, Nazis or dickheads, and we'll decide who uses out platform case by case", but we seem to be in a weird state that not 'everyone' can decide how to best run their business.

*have yet to read into it myself. was eggboy even officially charged? or was it just a page to reward him for egging a nazi?
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

best ones gonna be if/when Folau just straight begs for a direct deposit and you just know one of the Big Four banks is gonna be on that appeal sheet.
    Wonder if they'll go close his account down so they dont get shamed.

this is a fantastic slippery slope and im here for all of it.
    Seems like I am WRONG

So Adamstown. Always wondered why there was hardly any women playing there when I'm at the Bowlo.

https://www.theguardian.com/australi...mbers-or-close

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    So Adamstown. Always wondered why there was hardly any women playing there when I'm at the Bowlo.

They already have their own dedicated thread on the foz - Wanting membership at Adamstown as well is just pure greed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    They already have their own dedicated thread on the foz - Wanting membership at Adamstown as well is just pure greed.
    You do realise it's 2019 right?

My local Curves refuses to take my money.

We had a male locum from the UK who went to try and join Fernwood gym. They threatened to call the police because they thought he was taking the piss and he thought they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post

this article was interesting. it seems as if there is nothing by law to force Adamstown to accept womens members. its only the council threatening to cancel the lease if they dont.

so they can still be exclusionary if they want, as long as the landlord dont care.

id love to see the current members all poo pooing the idea of letting chicks in. can only imagine they all look kind of the same..........
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague;226***
    this article was interesting. it seems as if there is nothing by law to force Adamstown to accept womens members. its only the council threatening to cancel the lease if they dont.

so they can still be exclusionary if they want, as long as the landlord dont care.

id love to see the current members all poo pooing the idea of letting chicks in. can only imagine they all look kind of the same..........
    Probably a good way to talk about health issues and getting away from the mrs without getting tanked at the pub.

But all men are assholes anyway so why not have a cry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    My local Curves refuses to take my money.
    I would also like to point out how unwelcome I was at my first childs "Mothers Group" meeting when my mrs couldn't go but we still wanted our little one to socialize and for us to learn all the parenting hacks on offer still. Or the death stares I get when I use the parents room at a Westfield.

It would be interesting with this tennis club that council have said it breaches their rules, yet I wonder how other female-only services don't. Seems like an interesting precedent to set here. I also wonder when they will target any Mens Sheds?
    OK

Maybe we should rename this the "insecurities thread"? Why the hell would anyone on here care about a tennis club giving women memberships? They already played there, they just weren't allowed to be members. Literally the only change is the rate they pay for the courts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Literally the only change is the rate they pay for the courts.
    but you'd be ok with them doing the same for indigenous people, or wogs, or maybe charge the cripples extra?

which bits are we all ok with here I'm getting confused.
    Seems like I am WRONG

outrage aside im still perplexed as to who exactly are these people that feel the need to have their little tennis club that wont allow the women folk in?
    what generation is this? where did we find these people?

i went to a wedding at the 'Newcastle Club' one time and could not get over how much people fawned over being 'allowed' in there.
    the family whos wedding it was admittedly were a bunch of A-grade wankers. but geez, i just couldnt find the appeal in being a part of a group of exclusionary toss pots who felt some sort of superiority over everyone else.

maybe some people get off on that, but wow, it made me giggle.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Or the death stares I get when I use the parents room at a Westfield.
    yeah but walking in there with a deck chair and a 6 pack is prob gonna earn you some funny looks mate.
    Seems like I am WRONG

yeah but walking in there with a deck chair and a 6 pack is prob gonna earn you some funny looks mate.
    Stop trying to restrict my freedom of religion m8
    OK

I find it interesting that we restrict people on economic grounds today from events / places that were essentially either free or very affordable in the past.
    I don't see any opposition about that - but when it comes to restrictions because of race or gender people are horrified.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 26-06-2019 at 09:25 AM.

but you'd be ok with them doing the same for indigenous people, or wogs, or maybe charge the cripples extra?

which bits are we all ok with here I'm getting confused.
    I may have worded myself poorly. I'm saying it's ridiculous to complian about the women wanting to be able to become members. Women can already play tennis there, they just had to pay more for no reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.