Page 188 of 242 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,760 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    outrage aside im still perplexed as to who exactly are these people that feel the need to have their little tennis club that wont allow the women folk in?
    what generation is this? where did we find these people?

i went to a wedding at the 'Newcastle Club' one time and could not get over how much people fawned over being 'allowed' in there.
    the family whos wedding it was admittedly were a bunch of A-grade wankers. but geez, i just couldnt find the appeal in being a part of a group of exclusionary toss pots who felt some sort of superiority over everyone else.

maybe some people get off on that, but wow, it made me giggle.
    Funny you mention races, i went to a venue once that tried to stop me from entering an area to go say g'day for a shortwhile to some friends and was initially denied access til i reminded them the section they were in was built from funds allocated from the racecourse development funds ( public money ) and duly allowed to proceed.

It will be interesting to see how this whole Christian Lobby move to host Folau's fundraiser goes

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sports...5ebed65e3c82ca

The Christian Lobby is a registered charity, which means it pays no tax and receives other financial benefits. For example, Visa, MasterCard and American Express all give charities interchange fees of 0 per cent.

This morning Nine newspapers reported “a number of complainants” had raised concerns with the ACNC over the Christian Lobby’s efforts to help Folau.

“The ACNC can investigate concerns that a charity has breached the ACNC Act or the Governance Standards,” the ACNC said in response.

“This may include not pursuing its charitable purpose, not operating in a not-for-profit manner, or providing private benefits to members.”
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I find it interesting that we restrict people on economic grounds today from events / places that were essentially either free or very affordable in the past.
    I don't see any opposition about that - but when it comes to restrictions because of race or gender people are horrified.
    huh.
    you wanna purposely hang out with poor people?

what sort of weirdo are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    It will be interesting to see how this whole Christian Lobby move to host Folau's fundraiser goes

another interesting angle is the lack of union involvement and solidarity here.

we just had a national campaign built on scare tactics because one small percentage of the workforce might lose one small percentage of penalty rates on one days wages.

but probably the biggest workplace disagreement in recent times?

where are the comrades now?

crickets.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

another interesting angle is the lack of union involvement and solidarity here.

we just had a national campaign built on scare tactics because one small percentage of the workforce might lose one small percentage of penalty rates on one days wages.

but probably the biggest workplace disagreement in recent times?

where are the comrades now?

crickets.
    The case of penalty rates is one of General Equilibrium as it not only impacts upon the workers wages but also on their spending as well. The answer in the past has been through financial engineering, namely easy credit to fill the spending gap. But with household balance sheets in such a terrible state that's not as simple as it once was. People just might lower their consumption spending - and in an economy that's essentially fueled by consumption things can get ugly really fast.

huh.
    you wanna purposely hang out with poor people?

what sort of weirdo are you?
    What's wrong with poor people?

Not all of us are unhinged.

The case of penalty rates is one of General Equilibrium as it not only impacts upon the workers wages but also on their spending as well. The answer in the past has been through financial engineering, namely easy credit to fill the spending gap. But with household balance sheets in such a terrible state that's not as simple as it once was. People just might lower their consumption spending - and in an economy that's essentially fueled by consumption things can get ugly really fast.
    nah, its not about that at all.

its about whenever a 'werker' is dudded by the big evil corporations the usual suspects are out there siding with the great unwashed.

but this time, it seems Folau is the first ever person in the country sacked for the right reason.

amazing coincidence.
    Seems like I am WRONG

its about whenever a 'werker' is dudded by the big evil corporations the usual suspects are out there siding with the great unwashed.

but this time, it seems Folau is the first ever person in the country sacked for the right reason.

amazing coincidence.
    If he sold even a quarter of his property holdings he'd never need to work another day in his life. Unfortunately, he's trying to test the camel through the eye of a needle theory with his god.

That's why he's got no support.

If he sold even a quarter of his property holdings he'd never need to work another day in his life. Unfortunately, he's trying to test the camel through the eye of a needle theory with his god.

That's why he's got no support.
    Isn't he already over a million worth of donations?

I'd call that plenty of support.

Again, if suckers are gonna give a rich man more money then that says more about the suckers than Folau.

I'm sure he ain't getting a cent of my cash though.

Again, if suckers are gonna give a rich man more money then that says more about the suckers than Folau.

I'm sure he ain't getting a cent of my cash though.
    As of this morning $1.5m I think.

I mean't support from the "usual suspects" not the Sky Santa Appreciation Club". They have been throwing money at ridiculous causes for over 1000 years.

I don't doubt a certain amount of people support him, but I do want to note the "charity" hosting the fundraiser themselves donated at least 100k of that in, and I assume more not-for-profit tax-free organizations have done similar.
    OK

amazing coincidence.
    I work in a very heavily unionised workplace. There is a certain point at which they will laugh in your face and help the boss pack your things for you. If it's in writing and you do the wrong thing, they can't do anything and won't want to waste any resources on you.

I mean they will strike at an increase in the price of vending machines, but if you do something that's specifically written into our contract, bye bye buddy.

So far I haven't seen any legal expert back up his claim as even plausible, let alone likely to win. So I don't see why the Union would waste it's money trying to help someone who clearly breached his contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I don't doubt a certain amount of people support him, but I do want to note the "charity" hosting the fundraiser themselves donated at least 100k of that in, and I assume more not-for-profit tax-free organizations have done similar.
    The Rules on not-for profit organisations and their tax exemption status are rather strict. I think Izzy and friends might be in a spot of bother with the ATO soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    So far I haven't seen any legal expert back up his claim as even plausible, let alone likely to win. So I don't see why the Union would waste it's money trying to help someone who clearly breached his contract.
    huh?

the union officials im talking about are the same ones who fire up about gay marriage, boat people and climate change.
    they've never once in their life stayed in their lane.

these pricks love the limelight, and have not one ounce of time for the actual 'worker' out there.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I work in a very heavily unionised workplace. There is a certain point at which they will laugh in your face and help the boss pack your things for you. If it's in writing and you do the wrong thing, they can't do anything and won't want to waste any resources on you.
    and again, for the record. this is what i believe unions should be there for, and am glad that unions exist.

the wankers im talking about having nothing to do with the actual benefits of the workers, they are just angling for political positions and rim jobs from the media.
    Seems like I am WRONG

and again, for the record. this is what i believe unions should be there for, and am glad that unions exist.

the wankers im talking about having nothing to do with the actual benefits of the workers, they are just angling for political positions and rim jobs from the media.
    I agree. Once they gave the nod to the Accord nonsense in the 1980's their days of being for the workers was well and truly over.
    Although, the unions were not exactly friendly towards Whitlam either so the shift to the right / neo-liberalism by Unions has been around quite a while.

I would also like to point out how unwelcome I was at my first childs "Mothers Group" meeting when my mrs couldn't go but we still wanted our little one to socialize and for us to learn all the parenting hacks on offer still. Or the death stares I get when I use the parents room at a Westfield.
    It's just you, pv4. I was welcomed and titillated.

I would also like to point out how unwelcome I was at my first childs "Mothers Group" meeting when my mrs couldn't go but we still wanted our little one to socialize and for us to learn all the parenting hacks on offer still.
    I don't think it was because you were unwelcome. I think it was cause they were all a little intimidated about the hectic DILF they had to control themselves around..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    I don't think it was because you were unwelcome. I think it was cause they were all a little intimidated about the hectic DILF they had to control themselves around..
    Wise words, and perfectly aligns with the post above yours.
    OK

Banned
    Now that I am back from my latest holiday

FFS How can I get banned for trolling of all things

Was the funniest thing I have heard in ages

Anyway moving on

Why is no one talking about Google getting caught out trying to rig the 2020 election the other day ??

The leftists have spent the last 3 years talking about Russians meddling g in the election in 2016 and these leftist ****ers in Silicon Valley have been caught actually tampering in an election

When they were exposed they even had the audacity to censor videos on YouTube with false privacy claims

Gonna make things even sweeter when Trump salutes again next year and we have 4 more years of these snowflakes tears