Page 191 of 242 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,820 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Plaguesey got married and didn't even tell us. Congrats pal. I hope porksey was as beautiful a bridesmaid as I pictured.

OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Plaguesey got married and didn't even tell us. Congrats pal. I hope porksey was as beautiful a bridesmaid as I pictured.
    yeah hell of a night.
    God bless the US and A.

sorry you didnt get an invite, but yanno, no commies and all that.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

starting to honestly believe that if the Democrats want any chance of going after Trump then Tulsi Gabbard is the one to do it.

but lets face it, it will be Biden and Trump gonna eat him alive.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    starting to honestly believe that if the Democrats want any chance of going after Trump then Tulsi Gabbard is the one to do it.

but lets face it, it will be Biden and Trump gonna eat him alive.
    Absolutely no way can Tulsi Gabbard beat Trump in an election. She's flipped and flopped on so many issues it isn't funny. Her views are very conservative and the fact she's even a Democrat [much like her father] pretty much shows how ridiculous the democrats are.

They need to offer the people an alternative - and she's really just more of the same.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    They need to offer the people an alternative - and she's really just more of the same.
    my point is that they tried 'the alternative' (Clinton) and no one went for it.

Gabbard would get a good chunk of Never Trumpers and Middle America, and as much as they bitch and complain, the Dems hardcore will get in behind her.

None of these other boneheads up there (Bernie/Biden/Warren etc) will get swing voters. They play great on twitter, but twitter aint the big picture as many are now understanding.

The biggest point is that Yanks are bored with voting for more politicians. Trump won because he wasnt 'one of them'. But the Dems are going straight back to the Clinton well and trying to fish out yet another tarnished grub. My observation is that Gabbard is relatively 'fresh' to the scene. She can flip flop all she wants in the lead up, heck, the President was caught on tape talking about grabbing pussy. If shes genuine enough, people will look past it.
    Seems like I am WRONG

dont get me wrong though, youre absolutely correct in predicting a Trump victory. Its just a matter of who'd get closest.
    Seems like I am WRONG

my point is that they tried 'the alternative' (Clinton) and no one went for it.

Gabbard would get a good chunk of Never Trumpers and Middle America, and as much as they bitch and complain, the Dems hardcore will get in behind her.

None of these other boneheads up there (Bernie/Biden/Warren etc) will get swing voters. They play great on twitter, but twitter aint the big picture as many are now understanding.

The biggest point is that Yanks are bored with voting for more politicians. Trump won because he wasnt 'one of them'. But the Dems are going straight back to the Clinton well and trying to fish out yet another tarnished grub. My observation is that Gabbard is relatively 'fresh' to the scene. She can flip flop all she wants in the lead up, heck, the President was caught on tape talking about grabbing pussy. If shes genuine enough, people will look past it.
    She's dumb as a box of rocks when it comes to economics and finance matters which Trump is actually pretty sound on.

With respect to Clinton, I never saw her as an alternative. She's a hardcore conservative pretty much owned by the top end of town - and loses all credibility trying to pretend otherwise. Voters see right through her.

Trump is Trump. There's no hidden agenda with him - people know his story - he never hides his wealth or attempts to be "normal".
    Last edited by The Dunster; 04-08-2019 at 09:53 PM.

Mass shootings eh?

Only started in 2018 according to Democrats.
    An unfortunate side effect of being able to protect yourself against the nasty government according to Republicans.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Mass shootings eh?

Only started in 2018 according to Democrats.
    An unfortunate side effect of being able to protect yourself against the nasty government according to Republicans.
    I think the official count is up to 249 mass shootings (not total death count) for 2019 so far... And both sides only care about using it as a stick to beat the other side with rather than actually stop it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

This is the best quote i've seen regarding the US gun debate.

"In retrospect Sandy Hook marked the end of the US gun control debate. Once America decided killing children was bearable, it was over." Dan Hodges.
    How do you come back from that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I can sympathise with the conundrum. Everyones got guns. Good guys, bad guys, crazy guys.
    Even if they come out tomorrow and change the Constitution, who gives them up first? The 'good guys' will (justifiably) be like "yo, get em off the bad guys first so i feel safe then we can talk".

With 300m+ firearms out there the cleanup aint gonna be as easy as Scotland,NZ or here.
    It will take a leader with way more stones than anything we've ever seen from a US President.
    They've all 'failed' so far.

and sadly, it aint as if the population is out there voting for change. They talk about it, they hashtag it, but when it matters, they vote the same numpties back in time and time and time again.
    Seems like I am WRONG

I can sympathise with the conundrum. Everyones got guns. Good guys, bad guys, crazy guys.
    Even if they come out tomorrow and change the Constitution, who gives them up first? The 'good guys' will (justifiably) be like "yo, get em off the bad guys first so i feel safe then we can talk".

With 300m+ firearms out there the cleanup aint gonna be as easy as Scotland,NZ or here.
    It will take a leader with way more stones than anything we've ever seen from a US President.
    They've all 'failed' so far.

and sadly, it aint as if the population is out there voting for change. They talk about it, they hashtag it, but when it matters, they vote the same numpties back in time and time and time again.
    Dry the supply is the first move.

Then capitalise on the market.

Then slowly work thru the recovery of equipment.

A smart leader could make bank off the scenario.
    OK

i dont disagree that there 'is' a way. Problem is they need to outlaw guns first, and like 99% of guns for it to be effective.
    The system you are proposing will take generations to complete. So not only do they need 'one' brave soul to kick start it, they then need consistent leadership to maintain it.

and y'anno, this is the country that elected Trump so umm, yeah good luck.
    Seems like I am WRONG

A ban is not necessary - but registering firearms would certainly make sense.

There are twice as many guns registered in Canada than there is in the USA and yet you rarely get a single shooting let alone mass shootings in Canada.
    Unfortunately, only one in four-hundred guns in the USA are registered - so in total there are around 400 million unregistered firearms in the USA.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 05-08-2019 at 11:56 AM.

Canada needs to BUILD THAT WALL!!!!!

i think another massive hurdle is the states independence in terms of lawmaking. they are overturning federal shit all the time, so getting your redneck states to comply with a federal decree is hopeful at best.

and dont get me wrong, im not a 'too hard dont try' kind of person. its just that the 'system' the americans have isnt set up for one strong person to come in and change history (generally because no one does paranoia as good as the americans).

Its sad seeing all this shit continually go on, and sadder the response of the people in charge who refuse to even acknowledge the problem.
    but again, there we are, and we'll be talking about the next one soon enough.
    Seems like I am WRONG

The US government via treasury and the FED control the $US dollar - they have absolutely no need to make bank off anything - as their supply of US dollars is unlimited.

If they simply enforced gun registration that would do more than enough to restrict supply as the demand for firearms would rapidly decrease as the implicit cost of ownership would increase.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 05-08-2019 at 12:10 PM.

i think another massive hurdle is the states independence in terms of lawmaking. they are overturning federal shit all the time, so getting your redneck states to comply with a federal decree is hopeful at best.

and dont get me wrong, im not a 'too hard dont try' kind of person. its just that the 'system' the americans have isnt set up for one strong person to come in and change history (generally because no one does paranoia as good as the americans).

Its sad seeing all this shit continually go on, and sadder the response of the people in charge who refuse to even acknowledge the problem.
    but again, there we are, and we'll be talking about the next one soon enough.
    Agreed. Hawaii have moved somewhat toward registration of firearms [informally at least] but like you say hard to pull that off in Texas and other redneck territories.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post

There are twice as many guns registered in Canada than there is in the USA and yet you rarely get a single shooting let alone mass shootings in Canada.
    per capita you mean here right?

edit: whoa, sorry just saw the stats you were referring to. how the heck can there be so many unregistered guns in either of thee countries?

jeebus.
    Seems like I am WRONG

the real thoughts and prayers today should be reserved for the outrage mob on both sides that had one shooter from each team blowing people away in the last 24hrs.

the ability for some to somehow disassociate themselves from their guy whilst blanketing all the team members of the other guy is some Lewis Hamilton level control of a fast moving entity.

just hope they get through the working week knowing that everything is still good with their team and everything bad with the other.
    Seems like I am WRONG