Page 198 of 242 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208 ... LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,960 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Yeah nah.

OB wanted public glory. He loved the mike drop and the cheering crowds. Look good, pretend to preside, be cool. Knock off the odd ISIL then hope that no one notices that an economy needs running.
    Ya, I'm with you on this one. I can't stand trump but honestly I can't remember the last US president I actually liked? Clinton and George W both had some comedy moments but were both imbeciles.

Add to the above Obama had a genuine chance to take on the NRA and backed away from it with a whimper

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Clinton and George W both had some comedy moments but were both imbeciles.
    Bush gets this a lot.
    What about him do you think makes him an imbecile?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Bush gets this a lot.
    What about him do you think makes him an imbecile?
    Probably exacerbated by his southern drawl. But he struggled to make sense in a lot of speeches or when answering questions and was constantly caught out trying to describe details of his own policies.

I notice you didn't dispute Slick Willie.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    I notice you didn't dispute Slick Willie.
    only because that was both before my time and i hadnt ever really taken an interest in him.

Bush had been a subject id read into quite a bit. Hes an interesting dude. But from both an academic and business standpoint he was no idiot.
    i understand the comment about the accent, its a common trait for foreigners like us growing up listening to the same stereotypes in media etc (dumb southern redneck/racist etc, its how it was all explained to us).
    To hear him explain (or 'excuse if you dont believe him) his actions regarding 9/11, Katrina, and Iraq is pretty interesting. I really dont know a world leader in our lifetime who had to deal with so many monumental issues both domestic and foreign.

i personally thought he got a bad rep, and its been interesting in his post Presidential life that hes become a way way way more sympathetic figure. I guess the partisan nature of politics never allows us to 'like' anything about the other side in the moment.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    It seriously hard to take the Democrat Presidents seriously

Obama as the first black President done **** all for the Black population so much so that he actually set their cause backwards by his policies of Welfare

Trump has done more for Black Americans than anyone else since the Republicans freed the slaves in the 1800s

It seriously hard to take the Democrat Presidents seriously

Obama as the first black President done **** all for the Black population so much so that he actually set their cause backwards by his policies of Welfare

Trump has done more for Black Americans than anyone else since the Republicans freed the slaves in the 1800s
    Obama is the only US president in history to leave office with a lower prison population than when he started.

Moreover, the violent crime rate also fell while Obama was President.

You might also want to stop quote mining your facts - The GOP as they were and as they are today are two totally different beasts. They started out with liberal ideals and today are purely conservative.

the states in the US have so much individual power that most domestic 'accomplishments' and 'failures' by Presidents are hardly their doing or their fault.
    Crime/guns/jobs can be attributed to all levels of Govt and every side has an easy option to blame or praise.

Dunster can point to a smaller prison population under Obama, Member can point to the violent crime rate increasing in Obamas last few years then declining as soon as Trump took office. Was any of this on the President? Is having less people in jail a good thing if the crime rate is increasing? Are people getting put in jail for minor shit undeservedly making the stats look good?

Of course Trumps 'trade war' can have a direct effect on jobs, but state taxes/laws etc can get in the way of any federal ideas.

On the world stage the President has a much better platform to achieve things. You can argue all day who has done a better job there but ill def say Trump at least lived up to his election promises. If you hate him for that then ok. but youre prob already hating on him well before that.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Obama is the only US president in history to leave office with a lower prison population than when he started.
    i think Carter also had a really dramatic fall too. but Obama def bucked a recent trend thats for sure.
    Also the violent crime rate had been decreasing since 2000, and bottomed out under Obama in 2014 but then took a dramatic upturn between 2014 and 2016.
    again, we can read stats to prove any side of any argument.

The only stat that is true and indisputable is Griff 1- Gypos 0.

Gospel.
    Seems like I am WRONG

only because that was both before my time and i hadnt ever really taken an interest in him.

Bush had been a subject id read into quite a bit. Hes an interesting dude. But from both an academic and business standpoint he was no idiot.
    i understand the comment about the accent, its a common trait for foreigners like us growing up listening to the same stereotypes in media etc (dumb southern redneck/racist etc, its how it was all explained to us).
    To hear him explain (or 'excuse if you dont believe him) his actions regarding 9/11, Katrina, and Iraq is pretty interesting. I really dont know a world leader in our lifetime who had to deal with so many monumental issues both domestic and foreign.

i personally thought he got a bad rep, and its been interesting in his post Presidential life that hes become a way way way more sympathetic figure. I guess the partisan nature of politics never allows us to 'like' anything about the other side in the moment.
    George W Bush has always been a nice bloke. The only thing that's changed is how the media present him to an audience.
    He's also a lot smarter than people give him credit for as well.
    Trump - he's a complete goose who's got absolutely no idea how life is for anyone without a trust fund to prop them up.
    Fortunately, President's have so little executive power most of what he does and say's has minimal consequences.

EDIT: THis is the case with pretty much all the Democrats as well - so I'm not playing party favourites.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 05-11-2019 at 03:51 PM.

Trump - he's a complete goose who's got absolutely no idea how life is for anyone without a trust fund to prop them up.
    Fortunately, President's have so little executive power most of what he does and say's has minimal consequences.
    yeah its def gonna be interesting to see how he gets remembered. Id be shocked if he doesnt get another 4 years, but after that America is either gonna have a massive reset and go back to a stereotypical politician or go the other way and someone like Oprah is gonna romp it in and from there the world just starts burning.

One thing i cant stop hearing is if Trump gets in then either Trump Jnr or Ivanka will seriously push to succeed him in 2024. Think about that, the most improbable candidate in history starts a run of 16 years of family rule.

just insane to think.
    Seems like I am WRONG

yeah its def gonna be interesting to see how he gets remembered. Id be shocked if he doesnt get another 4 years, but after that America is either gonna have a massive reset and go back to a stereotypical politician or go the other way and someone like Oprah is gonna romp it in and from there the world just starts burning.

One thing i cant stop hearing is if Trump gets in then either Trump Jnr or Ivanka will seriously push to succeed him in 2024. Think about that, the most improbable candidate in history starts a run of 16 years of family rule.

just insane to think.
    The only thing more certain than a Trump 2nd term is a Newcastle Jets wooden spoon.

He will walk it in - and good on him for at least offering the people an alternative to the usual can't tell the democrats from the republicans candidates.

Banned

Moreover, the violent crime rate also fell while Obama was President.

You might also want to stop quote mining your facts - The GOP as they were and as they are today are two totally different beasts. They started out with liberal ideals and today are purely conservative.
    No I will point out that it was Obama who decided to hand out piles and piles of money in Welfare via Food Stamps further imprisoning the Black Community more as they get stuck in the welfare cycle and dependant on it

Trump on the other hand has created jobs so the Black unemployment rate is at is lowest in eons

Reality is quite simple with this the Democrats will hand out to the weak thus hindering them further in life
    The Republicans will offer opportunity to the weak to better themselves

That precisely why the left won't debate their ideas
    They don't hold to logic and fall apart when scrutinised

Banned
    George W Bush has always been a nice bloke. The only thing that's changed is how the media present him to an audience.
    He's also a lot smarter than people give him credit for as well.

EDIT: THis is the case with pretty much all the Democrats as well - so I'm not playing party favourites.
    To say Trump has no idea how the common man lives is deluded as all **** an opinion
    Yeah sure he may not have lived that life but you look at the way Middle America identifies with him ie the ****s who voted him in and you can see the bloke is a man of the people despite his wealth

That this guy got himself elected the way he did says plenty about his level of intelligence

To say Trump has no idea how the common man lives is deluded as all **** an opinion
    Yeah sure he may not have lived that life but you look at the way Middle America identifies with him ie the ****s who voted him in and you can see the bloke is a man of the people despite his wealth

That this guy got himself elected the way he did says plenty about his level of intelligence

funny you bring this up again, and we've talked about it before and i agree with you.

If you know of, or are familiar with Dana White (UFC 'boss'), he was asked about Trump turning up at the event in New York last weekend.
    Any other interview with this bloke and he has a real bombastic attitude, and White is rich of his own accord, he doesnt need to grovel to the likes of Trump. Nor does he need to wade into the murky world of politics (to paraphrase Michael Jordan, "Democrats watch UFC too").

but to hear him talk about Trump here, to hear him so deferential, and grateful to a bloke he considers a supporter and a friend. in a world that would be full of so many snakes and grifters. its an amazing insight into how Trump connects to people.
    Its 4 mins long, but its worth it if you even want to begin to understand how Trump did it.

Seems like I am WRONG

No I will point out that it was Obama who decided to hand out piles and piles of money in Welfare via Food Stamps further imprisoning the Black Community more as they get stuck in the welfare cycle and dependant on it

Trump on the other hand has created jobs so the Black unemployment rate is at is lowest in eons

Reality is quite simple with this the Democrats will hand out to the weak thus hindering them further in life
    The Republicans will offer opportunity to the weak to better themselves

That precisely why the left won't debate their ideas
    They don't hold to logic and fall apart when scrutinised
    The largest US government handouts in history all went to bankers after they caused the GFC.
    Government handouts to businesses producing for the armed forces would not be too far behind.
    The money handed out to bankers after the GFC was enough to fund all levels of education in the USA for the next 700 plus years.
    The money handed out to fund private wars involving oil wouldn't be far behind.

So it appears your not against all government handouts - just those to the poor and non-whites.

As for the unemployment rate it's a useless figure from a 1947 ILO convention. You need only work one hour in the week of the survey to be counted as employed.
    It also doesn't address the working poor in the USA and incomes inequality.
    Trump is not the problem here - it's the lobbyists - and it's both sides of politics with blood on their hands not just the democrats.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 06-11-2019 at 09:54 AM.

ABC News (america) pretty much just handed the keys to Trump for another 4 years.
    Them being outed over withholding the Epstein investigation is a ****ing scandal bigger than any of the shit the Dems are throwing at Trump right now.

Its as if they just purchased ad space on every major network and just held up a picture of themselves with #fakenews spray painted across it.

how can they all be so bad at this?

also, the dagger was Amy Robach muttering that crucial word........'Clinton'.

whoo boy.
    Seems like I am WRONG

ABC News (america) pretty much just handed the keys to Trump for another 4 years.
    Them being outed over withholding the Epstein investigation is a ****ing scandal bigger than any of the shit the Dems are throwing at Trump right now.

Its as if they just purchased ad space on every major network and just held up a picture of themselves with #fakenews spray painted across it.

how can they all be so bad at this?

also, the dagger was Amy Robach muttering that crucial word........'Clinton'.

whoo boy.
    Yeah, cause most Americans even heard about the Epstein story at the beginning and care enough to pay attention now.

Try again Plague.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Yeah, cause most Americans even heard about the Epstein story at the beginning and care enough to pay attention now.

Try again Plague.
    nothing to do with Epstein himself.
    all to do with the media playing right into the fake news 'narrative'*.

Trump gonna run with this all the way through, and his base is gonna lap it up.

This isnt a Dems v GOP issue, its a 'oh maybe Trump was right' issue.
    The poor Dems are gonna get drowned out by the noise.

Every cry of 'impeach' or 'russia' or 'ukraine' will be met with legitimate blowback.

all along a lot of these issues have lacked any sort of proof, but when your own people are caught on video saying it then its a problem.

*copyright MFKS
    Seems like I am WRONG

nothing to do with Epstein himself.
    all to do with the media playing right into the fake news narrative.

Trump gonna run with this all the way through, and his base is gonna lap it up.

This isnt a Dems v GOP issue, its a 'oh maybe Trump was right' issue.
    The poor Dems are gonna get drowned out by the noise.

Every cry of 'impeach' or 'russia' or 'ukraine' will be met with legitimate blowback.

all along a lot of these issues have lacked any sort of proof, but when your own people are caught on video saying it then its a problem.
    Republicans believe in the senate more than they believe in the media. If this open impeachment doesn't go well, he's gone. If he doesn't squash this very quickly in the senate and it lingers on, his faithful will leave him.

Americans care more about the flag and the constitution than even the POTUS. No amount of media circus is gonna sway people if this is happening in the senate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Republicans believe in the senate more than they believe in the media. If this open impeachment doesn't go well, he's gone. If he doesn't squash this very quickly in the senate and it lingers on, his faithful will leave him.

Americans care more about the flag and the constitution than even the POTUS. No amount of media circus is gonna sway people if this is happening in the senate.
    to impeach Trump, the Dems need to flip 20 (out of about 50) Republicans in the Senate to get a majority. That wont happen.
    They'd also need a big number of them to switch in the House (which they control) to even get it to the Senate.

Totally agree on Americans loving the flag and constitution more than the President. But if you look at the candidates, only one of them is continually and openly campaigning for the 1st and 2nd amendments. Granted it is Republican fodder but America is different in that a candidate needs to inspire people to get out and vote. If Americans think their 'rights' are going to be in danger, thats a good reason to do it. Guess you'd have to ask yourself if Americans would handle a couple of 'untruths' be told by the Pres as long as they got to keep their guns and freedom of speech.

Trump is wrapping himself in the flag and claiming hes the victim of a witch hunt. he points to all manner of evidence (both real and made up hahahaha) to support his case.

Granted once the Dems settle on a candidate their message might be clearer, but Trump isnt being impeached with the numbers the way they are. The talk of it at the moment are in hope of destabilising the numbers post 2020. If the Dems can legit get it done they might try then.

Also of note, when Clinton was impeached, he was allowed to finish out his 2nd term and there were no real long term consequences, and he got impeached for some real shit. There were witnesses, testimony and evidence. Everything against Trump so far is hearsay. Argue it all you want, but there needs to be way more proof to even get close to getting it passed.

Remember, its not a judge or jury that decides this, its the politicians. and if the Dems are gonna go to the GOP and say "we want to off the bloke, heres all we got" then they would look like fools jumping ship to support it.
    Seems like I am WRONG