Page 23 of 242 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Have the Greens come out and blamed everyone else for this yet?
    The Greens are aware their pro gay marriage stance is not in the way of thinking of this religion I take it??

Matter of fact this religion is a bit more interested in taking up the fight on this subject than Christians who just tell them to **** off.

Biggest bunch of loonys in the country and much more dangerous than Islam

last time i checked adam bandt wasn't holed up with a shotty in a cafe pal

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    The Greens are aware their pro gay marriage stance is not in the way of thinking of this religion I take it??

Matter of fact this religion is a bit more interested in taking up the fight on this subject than Christians who just tell them to **** off.

Biggest bunch of loonys in the country and much more dangerous than Islam
    here we go. FFS, islam is not the issue, people hide behind whatever flag they can grab. this guy was a psychopath, pure and simple, trying to dress his own issues up as a noble cause.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Ill tell you why you can't send in the SAS, because they are somewhere else

But really that ideology is that of the United States, all guns blazing, more lives probably would have been lost had they done that, police weren't sure if the cafe was booby trapped but ultimately had no option once he shot one of the hostages. Too many people thinking this is just like the movies
    I fully understand this shit is real and not like the movies and the consequences are there if things go pair shaped.

Consequences have played out that 2 innocent people lost their lives as the authorities twiddled their thumbs for 14 hours instead of using a sniper to take the nut out on one of the occasions he stuck his head near the window.

The consequences have been created as soon as this nut walked into the coffee shop and done what he did. Fate determined those exposed to death and didn't choose those who had been in the shop on another day or earlier that morning. As soon as this happened their fate was up to the gods so to speak.

Really couldn't give a **** about the connotations of going it all guns blazing USA all the way style.

The way this thing has been handled is a ****ing disgrace.

The media have scared the shit out of the population with their wall to wall coverage. They have also gave untold levels of exposure to this idiot that other like minded idiots will now see it as a positive to doing something similar all the while the authorities have stood by with their heads up their arse and allowed the stance to be set that this country is a soft touch for dealing with these nuts.

As for the SAS being elsewhere in the world. Surely our military have some operatives still in the country capable of being summoned and dealing with shit like this??

Remember they get paid to deal with bullets whizzing about the place and do their thing

All that has happened is that is the first of what will be more issues in this country along those lines. We should have set a ****ing example of how Australia would respond and the example should have been telling to discourage it from happening again. Australia failed.

We will now pay the price

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    here we go. FFS, islam is not the issue, people hide behind whatever flag they can grab. this guy was a psychopath, pure and simple, trying to dress his own issues up as a noble cause.
    May wish to read that again. I think you will find I was having a go at the Greens rather than Islam

Once again, Sniper can't just take him out as they couldn't be sure if he was rigged with explosives, you kill him it sets it off. Why do you think it dragged out for so long, too many variables to just launch an all out assault, in the end they were trying to preserve life and may God bless the souls of both those people who were taken, 2 is better than losing all of them.

You try and go in straight away without knowing the situation and you have more deaths, how were they to know the building wasn't rigged with explosives? Send in the TAC and the bloke blows up the building, and then you've got multiple deaths and its becomes an even bigger shit storm.

With my knowledge of these situations and the best time to strike, I'd dare say the TAC would have probably stormed the joint around sunrise anyway as that is the time you are at your most vunerable. They handled the situation as best as they could imo given the lack of knowledge they had.
    Jaliens gives me the horn

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/sydney...15-127znf.html

well here's some nonsense for you to read

"Sydney siege is Australia's September 11 moment"

it's a mental with a shotgun using a flag of convenience. why equate it to september 11. absolute trash.

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    well no-one has blamed the greens yet, except you probably
    Nah I don't blame the Greens.
    I blame the nut job with a shotgun.

As for snipers/SAS/John McClane, killing someone is a pretty serious and very traumatic thing (even if it is 'your job'). Those decisions are always perfect in hindsight.

Once again, Sniper can't just take him out as they couldn't be sure if he was rigged with explosives, you kill him it sets it off. Why do you think it dragged out for so long, too many variables to just launch an all out assault, in the end they were trying to preserve life and may God bless the souls of both those people who were taken, 2 is better than losing all of them.

You try and go in straight away without knowing the situation and you have more deaths, how were they to know the building wasn't rigged with explosives? Send in the TAC and the bloke blows up the building, and then you've got multiple deaths and its becomes an even bigger shit storm.

With my knowledge of these situations and the best time to strike, I'd dare say the TAC would have probably stormed the joint around sunrise anyway as that is the time you are at your most vunerable. They handled the situation as best as they could imo given the lack of knowledge they had.
    Ray Hadley probably got a phone call from a hostages second cousin and could have told them exactly how to deal with it.
    OK

As for snipers/SAS/John McClane, killing someone is a pretty serious and very traumatic thing (even if it is 'your job'). Those decisions are always perfect in hindsight.
    Exactly, no matter how much you train, it's still one of the most mentally tough things to deal with.
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Once again, Sniper can't just take him out as they couldn't be sure if he was rigged with explosives, you kill him it sets it off.
    Geez there were a couple of good opportunities to take him out deer hunter style.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I
    The media have scared the shit out of the population with their wall to wall coverage.
    And to think koshy could have been one of the hostages

Banned
    It ain't hindsight cause 2 people died that makes me say this. I would not be bothered if more died.

The decision for all of them to be exposed to death was made by the nut putting them in this predicament not the rescue party going in after the nut.

That's right the NUT is responsible NO ONE ELSE

i thought the greens were responsible

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    i thought the greens were responsible
    Nah they are just a bigger threat to Australia than anything else.

Islam Ebola Gypos Global Warming and NRL players combined aren't even close to the Greens when it comes to potential destruction they can wreck on the fabric of Aussie society

Too many "experts" out there when this stuff happens.

Really don't like how this situation became so big and how the media and Joe Public reacted to it. This is not the first siege in Australia and our greatest massacres have been by locals, but social media didn't exist then. Last night we were getting calls to storm Lakemba ffs. And now the PM is calling this a terrorist attack.

Today radio is asking everybody if they are alright - ffs, idiots that sat up all night like ghouls get no sympathy. Why we need to see and hear every minute detail and supposition from "experts" beats me. I watched it until I had seen the escape footage more than once. Quite simply the people who become emotionally affected by all this are the ones that can't drag their eyes from the TV.

The stuff on Fox News was laughable and patronising - "Australia is the US's best friend, wherever we go, they go !!"

A great tragedy, but somewhat like the Hughes accident it has been escalated to an event of immense size.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post

Really don't like how this situation became so big and how the media and Joe Public reacted to it. This is not the first siege in Australia and our greatest massacres have been by locals, but social media didn't exist then. Last night we were getting calls to storm Lakemba ffs. And now the PM is calling this a terrorist attack.

Today radio is asking everybody if they are alright - ffs, idiots that sat up all night like ghouls get no sympathy. Why we need to see and hear every minute detail and supposition from "experts" beats me. I watched it until I had seen the escape footage more than once. Quite simply the people who become emotionally affected by all this are the ones that can't drag their eyes from the TV.

The stuff on Fox News was laughable and patronising - "Australia is the US's best friend, wherever we go, they go !!"

A great tragedy, but somewhat like the Hughes accident it has been escalated to an event of immense size.

Well said.

Why it is on TV 24-7 is a ****ing disgrace.

Don't give the nut any exposure at all and make him realise what he is that is an insignificant oxygen thief.

As for the PM I wonder how many questions that **** has answered on the Budget crisis today?? This nut has sure taken the focus/heat right off him

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post

here we go, the past has done this so that makes this normal BS. Todays motivations is an ongoing dilemma. These so called one offs are happening regularly an are religion based. Accept it and it becomes clearer. Doesnt mean we have to do anything to anyone as the police are trying their best to stop the few crazies that are still trying this stuff on. Now there are other issues that we should be tackling full on like domestic violence and so on.

Just stay vigliant on all luntatics in an effort to reduce this stuff.

I do agree with the media and US stuff. Its a beat up we dont need.

We need to stop this hashtag bullshit too. Just as embarrassing as the coverage itself.