Page 234 of 236 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236 LastLast
Results 4,661 to 4,680 of 4719

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

  1. #4661
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,881
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Gonna be hard when you have so many sheep who blindly accept what the media and politicians tell them

    Everything those who defend the Govrrnmemts actions do so based on believing the information disseminated from media and politicians

    Both groups habitual liars

    Apparently this time they are telling the truth though
    Says the man taking cues from a fiction novel about a handsome carpenter who could throw great parties, lots of wine, bread and fish etc, but couldn't see that his best friend was actually a jerk, Judas?. I could be paraphrasing here, I didn't even watch the live action remake of it. I think Mel Brooks directed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  2. #4662
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    If you think staying home a bit more is worse than the thought of people dying, you have bigger issues than this pandemic.

    Stay home, stop crying, find some hobbies. You'll be fine.
    Says a lot that your whole point is based on "your thought of people dying "

    Great idea

    Let's just close down the entire world because some people might die

    How about we also ban the automobile to stop car accidents as well why we are at it applying your own levels of logic


    It is rather sad how you actually do embrace an authoritarian regime ie the government giving you some sense protection because of your fears

    You are even asking them to spank you harder like a submissive doormat as well

    Maybe if you had any real dogma to believe in you wouldnt be scared of death
    Maybe you actually need to pick up a bible and start reading

    Your fear in your own death which btw is inevitable with or without Corona is your own narcissim at work
    Those who believe in God don't have those fears as we have something you don't

  3. #4663
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,881
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Let's just close down the entire world because some people might die
    Finally got some actual logic out of you. See, you have been learning new tricks. Well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  4. #4664
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Finally got some actual logic out of you. See, you have been learning new tricks. Well done.
    It ain't logic

    It an example of what you support to be protected from your fear

    There nothing logical about the way you wish to deal with your fears at all

  5. #4665
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,586
    And if you get it, It doesn't really effect you but you pass it onto someone it does effect and they die or get really sick? How would you feel Memba?

  6. #4666
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,266
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    And if you get it, It doesn't really effect you but you pass it onto someone it does effect and they die or get really sick? How would you feel Memba?

    If it don't effect me how am i gonna know I was responsible for passing it on??

    There no logic to your point

  7. #4667
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,586
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    If it don't effect me how am i gonna know I was responsible for passing it on??

    There no logic to your point
    You can still carry it even if it doesnt really effect you
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��


    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

  8. #4668
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,266
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    You can still carry it even if it doesnt really effect you
    Ok
    But how am i gonna know I passed it on so I can feel guilty if I don't know I got it ??

    Still waiting for you to explain that

  9. #4669
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,770
    Stanny still thought you were a nice guy who cared for others.

  10. #4670
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Stanny still thought you were a nice guy who cared for others.
    I do care for others

    That is why I think we should all get back to work and resume our lives

    It is the best option

    Taking out 1% of senior citizens is a superior option than ruining the economy of most nations and the impending social problems and wars and unrest that is coming by taking the BS approach we are on

  11. #4671
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,881
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I do care for others

    That is why I think we should all get back to work and resume our lives

    It is the best option

    Taking out 1% of senior citizens is a superior option than ruining the economy of most nations and the impending social problems and wars and unrest that is coming by taking the BS approach we are on
    This won't ruin the economy. Stop being a drama queen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  12. #4672
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,770
    Apologies for insinuating you don’t care membah.

    As an example for the timeline of events.
    Boris Johnson tested positive 10 days ago. So his contribution to the number of new diagnoses was then.
    10 days later, he’s been admitted to Hospital with symptoms and now into ICU.
    They’ll treat his symptoms as best they can for a few days and he’ll either go home, or they’ll put him on ventilation. He might be in ventilation for a week or so. And potentially could die if his condition deteriorates.
    So he would then contribute to the deaths 3-4 weeks after his original diagnosis.


    I know of one patient who has been ventilated for 2 weeks so far.
    I’m thankful I live in this country at the moment. Where I’m still notified every time there is a death, instead of when there’s another 1000 deaths. At the moment we can afford to keep people alive on ventilation for weeks. We are not at a point where people are being taken off ventilation because ‘they’ve had their time to recover’ and somebody else needs it now.

    Maybe we are just buying time before **** hits the fan and our health system collapses, but I hope not. Majority of cities around the world are locked down right now. We aren’t the only ones “taking people’s freedom” in attempt to save lives.

  13. #4673
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,586
    We're trying to slow it down before winter

  14. #4674
    космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1991
    Posts
    456,916,055

  15. #4675
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,266
    Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    That why they want to lock people in their houses

    Got to keep the idiots locked away

  16. #4676
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,266
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    This won't ruin the economy. Stop being a drama queen.
    It is ruining things for people that for certain

    In the last 2 weeks in the US
    Just short of 10 million people filed for unemployment benefits

    Don't forget there be more to come to as those industries still going adjust as well

    Go tell them this ain't ruining the economy

    When your finished go tell that to all the people around the world in the same boat because you are scared of the flu

  17. #4677
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    This won't ruin the economy. Stop being a drama queen.
    It already has.

    I can't work at the moment and I can't claim any government assistance because of the value of my assets.
    I can't sell any of those assets at the moment because the market to sell them has been crippled. Moreover it's bad enough dealing with tyre kickers at the best of times let alone when there's a virus going around.
    So until this is over I'll be living off my bank balance.

    For those out of work hysteresis will become an issue the longer this goes on - meaning that the pool of long term unemployed will grow and many will never get back into the labour force.
    Businesses will also revise their production downwards as a result so actual hours available for work will become an issue as well as an increase in casualistation or indeed more precarious forms of employment.

    THe only way to avoid these problems is for the government to close the gap between actual and potential employment. Unfortunately, they have refused to come to the party - instead just a lot of cheap talk with little to no substance.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 07-04-2020 at 01:09 PM.

  18. #4678
    Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    This photo is from the Algerian War and the donkey is being carried because it was starving and the soldiers rescued it. It has nothing to do with landmines or Donald Trump.

  19. #4679
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,881
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    It already has.

    I can't work at the moment and I can't claim any government assistance because of the value of my assets.
    I can't sell any of those assets at the moment because the market to sell them has been crippled. Moreover it's bad enough dealing with tyre kickers at the best of times let alone when there's a virus going around.
    So until this is over I'll be living off my bank balance.

    For those out of work hysteresis will become an issue the longer this goes on - meaning that the pool of long term unemployed will grow and many will never get back into the labour force.
    Businesses will also revise their production downwards as a result so actual hours available for work will become an issue as well as an increase in casualistation or indeed more precarious forms of employment.

    THe only way to avoid these problems is for the government to close the gap between actual and potential employment. Unfortunately, they have refused to come to the party - instead just a lot of cheap talk with little to no substance.
    Sorry, I think I made my point poorly. (It was very late at work and I didn't want to spend any more time than necessary when dealing with that other guy in the tin foil hat.)

    The economy won't be affected by this long term, as the economy doesn't rely on you or I as much you'd like to think.

    It will definitely have huge negative effects on people and plenty of businesses, I agree, but I was talking about the economy.


    If anything, this virus will likely reset the already looming recession and we will come out the other side better than we started.


    Now, the US economy is an entirely different thing. They have been teetering on the edge for almost a decade and have been using useless wars to prop themselves up for too long. Plus, they are so poorly run that they can't even decide on whether to lock down or not in each state. Even after over 10k deaths over 350k known cases. They are screwed for years, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  20. #4680
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Sorry, I think I made my point poorly. (It was very late at work and I didn't want to spend any more time than necessary when dealing with that other guy in the tin foil hat.)

    The economy won't be affected by this long term, as the economy doesn't rely on you or I as much you'd like to think.

    It will definitely have huge negative effects on people and plenty of businesses, I agree, but I was talking about the economy.


    If anything, this virus will likely reset the already looming recession and we will come out the other side better than we started.


    Now, the US economy is an entirely different thing. They have been teetering on the edge for almost a decade and have been using useless wars to prop themselves up for too long. Plus, they are so poorly run that they can't even decide on whether to lock down or not in each state. Even after over 10k deaths over 350k known cases. They are screwed for years, sorry.
    I honestly don't know what you mean by the term economy in this context.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •