Page 40 of 242 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

If we believe the shit we hear from business leaders or the media we won't be learning too much about how the economy operates.

Neo-liberalism is a floored ideology that reasons from axiomatic assumptions that simply do not exist such as government budget constraints, loanable funds frameworks, Ricardian Equivalence... and so on.

It takes tens of thousands of hours to learn economics and the idea that people can roll in and read a few shitty textbooks or even get an undergraduate degree and think they understand it all is laughable at best - and yet we see it in the newspapers and on the television everyday.

The worst lot are probably the bank economists. These khunts are ****ing clueless on anything economic and instead rely on capturing regulators to make money more so than competing in any free market environment.

Not attacking you either plague because you are one of the genuine nice guys on the form. But when it comes to Neo-Liberalism I always feel compelled to stick a pin into the balloon
    Last edited by The Dunster; 14-03-2015 at 01:31 PM.

Nah, no offence taken at all.
    Mrs Plague has a business degree (and another one but I can never remember it), I own my own business and have previously run businesses for others. This is a much debated topic around the dinner table.
    When it comes to all this stuff I'm the first to admit I don't know it all but I've yet to meet anyone who does. By learning from others I get better, that's my goal.
    No system is perfect, or else we'd all be living with it.
    I'm glad I live in a society that rewards endeavour and innovation. I'm also glad I live in a society that is always under pressure to do the right thing by people less fortunate.

And speaking of less fortunate the Jets have kicked off. Time to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

So... It turns out I haven't changed my enrolled address with AEC and have Ti vote this month.

How difficult is postal or electronic voting?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    So... It turns out I haven't changed my enrolled address with AEC and have Ti vote this month.

How difficult is postal or electronic voting?
    Piece of piss actually.
    I did the last by election as we were away on business. you just register through the aec website then they send you notice when you can vote (usually a few days before) then it takes 2 minutes and you're done.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

I think that I would vote for the party who's policy it is to remove the states.

So much money and time is wasted in their inefficiency.
    Go jetties

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I think that I would vote for the party who's policy it is to remove the states.
    Legit.

why should nsw have to fund backwards dumps like tasmania who contribute nothing to federal wealth?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    why should nsw have to fund backwards dumps like tasmania who contribute nothing to federal wealth?
    No different to regional NSW funding Sydney and getting **** all back locally for their efforts

So much money and time is wasted in their inefficiency.
    As if that would happen. Too many people with snouts in the trough looking after themselves in the corridors of power would actually have to earn a decent living if that happened

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    I was kind assuming that we'd forget Tassie was there and pretend we don't know them.

cancel all flights, sink that ****ing ferry thing.
    Boom, it's like it never existed.

Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    As if that would happen. Too many people with snouts in the trough looking after themselves in the corridors of power would actually have to earn a decent living if that happened
    Obviously this is the sticking point.
    I'm no expert on constitutional law but does anyone know if the states need to be involved or if it's a straight up federal referendum style deal?

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I'm no expert on constitutional law but does anyone know if the states need to be involved or if it's a straight up federal referendum style deal?
    You won't get an answer without the Full Bench of the High Court assessing it. It would be an absolute shit fight given the passing of the Australia Act in 1986 still doesn't entirely clear up the role of the queen in such matters.

My guess is that nobody could answer this question.

Surely the ideal time would be whenever we decide to have the Republic debate/referendum seeing as we have to rewrite the constitution then anyway
    Go jetties

I'd only vote for a Republic if Joel Griffiths was president.

My understanding is that Australia is more like the German Confederation then a true nation in it's own right. A group of soverign states grouped together for common purposes. Really unlike any other nation afaik our states wield considerable power if not more then the federal government.

Our system is good because if one branch of government does things not in the interest of the nation a state can act in such a way to nullify a lot of what the federal government is doing and vice versa.

Banned
    Surely the ideal time would be whenever we decide to have the Republic debate/referendum seeing as we have to rewrite the constitution then anyway
    We did have a referendum on that in the late 90s anyway

Just showed how thick ****s are in this country.

The status quo was kept coz ****s somehow thought it was ridiculously important that they get to vote for the president and wouldn't accept a republic without this criteria.

Same dumb ****s who forget that right now you don't vote for the PM or governor general anyway but your local MP and have **** all say in who is the PM anyway

I'm glad I live in a society that rewards endeavour and innovation. .
    hmmm quite a few good aussie innovators have been sent packing due to govt ignorance. **** country on this front.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    If we believe the shit we hear from business leaders or the media we won't be learning too much about how the economy operates.

Neo-liberalism is a floored ideology that reasons from axiomatic assumptions that simply do not exist such as government budget constraints, loanable funds frameworks, Ricardian Equivalence... and so on.

It takes tens of thousands of hours to learn economics and the idea that people can roll in and read a few shitty textbooks or even get an undergraduate degree and think they understand it all is laughable at best - and yet we see it in the newspapers and on the television everyday.

The worst lot are probably the bank economists. These khunts are ****ing clueless on anything economic and instead rely on capturing regulators to make money more so than competing in any free market environment.

Not attacking you either plague because you are one of the genuine nice guys on the form. But when it comes to Neo-Liberalism I always feel compelled to stick a pin into the balloon
    some nice ideologies dropped there dunst. but on a productive front there's even less idea now due to evolving tech & global economics. no govt here has a clue how to deal with it.

We did have a referendum on that in the late 90s anyway

Just showed how thick ****s are in this country.

The status quo was kept coz ****s somehow thought it was ridiculously important that they get to vote for the president and wouldn't accept a republic without this criteria.
    Nah that's not really the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    hmmm quite a few good aussie innovators have been sent packing due to govt ignorance. **** country on this front.
    Governmnents only do what the Oligarchs tell them to do. The Oligarchs are all about wiping out new players in their infancy to keep themselves at the top of the order.