Page 6 of 242 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    it's alright, they had some paper towel nearby. nothing to see here.
    "the greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didnt exist"

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    base wage what 70 000 - 80 000 for a foot soldier.. Gets paid alot more for O/S Trips and do beleive TAX Free... I guess it all comes down to what unit you are in, how many times you get deployed.
    it's not that much really, it's about 50,000 60,000, depends on rank and competencies,
    active duty (by which you mean deployment i hope) is tax free 100 dollars a day i believe
    and yes we get told "you've got 1 hour to get your shit sorted and wait"

there is a quota, but it depends more on how you have performed in the last 6 months and shit
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    armed forces dudes, quick question - not having a go i just want to know

you get paid more on active service yeah, but when you're not on active service, do you get paid considerably less? are blokes lining up to get posted away as much as they can to get more bankroll? or do you not have a choice and you go when the man tells you?

is there a quota system for who gets to go when?
    Bit of a delayed reply. But all members of Defence once qualified get a service allowance of ~$12000pa, being in the navy it's a bit different to the other services we get an extra allowance for being posted to a ship, and it varies depending on the amount of time you've spent posted to ships previously.
    0-3yrs ~$12000pa
    3-6yrs ~$18000pa
    6-11yrs ~$25000pa
    11+yrs ~$29000pa

Army and RAAF get extra allowances when they are out in the bush too.

Depending on what area of the middle east you are operating in the pay changes aswell.
    $125 for where we were on my last trip
    $200 is the basic in country(Afghanistan/Iraq) allowance
    and $250 for the infantry guys that are out on the ground patrolling.

My Base wage is ~$58000 but an infantry soldier is sitting at about ~$45000. http://content.defencejobs.gov.au/pd...t_PayRates.pdf

As for people trying to chase the money on trips, as a rule of thumb you're meant to wait 12months from getting back before you go on another trip in saying that if they need you you can get sent without much say. At the same time it's a lot easier to say no these days as chances are there is someone who hasn't been on a trip and is willing to take your place. Thats how it is in the Navy anyway, not sure about the Army and RAAF.

So to summarise all of those ramblings, yeah its a fair bit extra that we get whilst deployed but what we are on back in Aus isn't too bad even though the hours can be quite long. And thats not counting the Rental assistance and free medical / dental etc.
    Last edited by ToddG NBUnited; 21-03-2013 at 11:31 PM. Reason: added pay rates pdf

haha timing buddha.

cheers bros

so you should get "a fair bit extra " when active...got a lot more ticker than me
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

and it's days like today where i wonder why the **** i'm still in, last two weeks have been pineapple galore

isn't there some thing where if you enter a warzone, even if you're making coffees for people & are kms away from where there are actually guns firing, you get a pension for life?

pretty sure my uncle was in the navy for one of the wars and he was on a supply ship that delivered tinned ham & other stuff to a warzone. i don't even think he set foot on the land wherever he delivered to, or maybe he did but just walked boxes of supplies to somewhere "safe". and he got a life pension for doing that.
    OK

same as my grandfather, he was a cook, looked after for life by DVA.

don't think that system exists anymore though. tough financial times and all that.

You get a pension having completed mandatory period of enlistment, which for Tech Trades is 6 years and Non-Tech is 4. After you have had enough its always good joining APS that way you get 2 pensions!

Many a person been gunned down supplying food to the troops...hard to fight on an empty stomach etc.
    You young blokes ffs have some respect...probs teachers or engineers I'd guess

Mr

On a brighter note,when Abbott becomes prime minister in September he has vowed to get rid of the Climate Change Department & the rancid rat Tim Flannery.
    http://www.news.com.au/national-news...-1226611210510

The 2007 Australian of The Year gets a salary of $180,000 for his three-day-a-week role.
    See Ya Cunt

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    Many a person been gunned down supplying food to the troops...hard to fight on an empty stomach etc.
    You young blokes ffs have some respect...probs teachers or engineers I'd guess
    i don't doubt that, and i don't disrespect what my uncle did nor what bel's grandfather did. i was just pointing out that you get a life pension even if you didn't sit in trenches with your ak's at the ready. my uncle laughs about what he didn't do, yet still receives his pension, tbh.

engineer - guilty

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    i don't doubt that, and i don't disrespect what my uncle did nor what bel's grandfather did. i was just pointing out that you get a life pension even if you didn't sit in trenches with your ak's at the ready. my uncle laughs about what he didn't do, yet still receives his pension, tbh.

engineer - guilty
    The Dept of Veterans Affairs has some good rorts going for it

I know someone who is living with their grand parents and whose grandpa happens to be a Vietnam vet. Parents are living elsewhere and there is NO great reason why they couldn't be living with them.

As a result they get government allowances left right and centre. Education allowances, Medical expenses, opportunity to be fast tracked into scholarships for Uni, living expenses all being sucked up by the grand child of a returned vet.

Rather ridiculous that a grand child of a vet can suck at the Dept of Vet Affairs mango. Can fully understand the vet and wife sucking it at it all their life but grandkids???

After hearing about this it occurred to me how much I missed out on. Both lots of my grand parents who passed away in the last 9 years were returned servicemen. One of Grandfathers was in Japan after the war and most likely died from the radiation he endured there contributing to his cancer. Poor bloke met his wife(my grandmother) at a Military dance after the war. He was from Maitland she was from Tronto and they met in Japan

Could have been sucking the mango and moved in with him if I had of been aware

The Member is a descended from someone from Toronto?!

This has definitely made my day. The Member For T West, yeewww.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post

pride of 2283
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    same as my grandfather, he was a cook.

Can't imagine the member surviving 5 mins out Tronna way

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    On a brighter note,when Abbott becomes prime minister in September he has vowed to get rid of the Climate Change Department & the rancid rat Tim Flannery.
    http://www.news.com.au/national-news...-1226611210510

See Ya Cunt

I also live in hope that Heir Abbott will send out a hit squad to track down and terminate a certain Mr Bob Brown as well.
    Time to start writing some wrongs.