Page 69 of 242 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Whilst I have no evidence to dispute your opinion of Macklin and don't doubt you for a second, one thing she needs credit for is getting herself in a position to stick her nose in the trough and keeping it there for a very lucrative time.

That takes a certain type of smarts, you gotta give her that.
    She is where she is because she poses absolutely no threat to the established right wing conservative shit for brains labour party boys club. If she had any talent Macklin would be punted immediately.
    Nothing too different to why Bronwyn Bishop has a role within the Coalition. Again, no threat to the boys club and will pretty much do whatever they tell her because she lacks the reasoning power to think outside of the dogma she's fed on.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    She is where she is because she poses absolutely no threat to the established right wing conservative shit for brains labour party boys club. If she had any talent Macklin would be punted immediately.
    Nothing too different to why Bronwyn Bishop has a role within the Coalition. Again, no threat to the boys club and will pretty much do whatever they tell her because she lacks the reasoning power to think outside of the dogma she's fed on.
    Yeah but you're out here assuming those people are there to make a difference.

Ol Jenny just knew to keep rocking up in that Commcar and cashing those cheques, and ride off into the sunset on that sweet pension.
    To me that takes a certain level of skill to achieve.

Look at poor Kim Beazely. Bloke was a lifer and everyone loved him but the second he stuck his head up into the top job it was all like "awwww hell nooooo we ain't having that".
    Still though, at least everyone looked after him once all the knives got removed which was nice.

Oh and go easy on Bronny Bishop, that lady hasn't ever seen a poor person in her life. She'd have no idea if one fell out of the sky and landed in front of her.
    Deluded old bat that she is.

greens getting stuck into the lib micks regarding climate change.

for once, papal infallibility might be a good thing
    we will loose

So is it just me or do other people think that what old mate said on that pseudo-intellectual TV show last night wasn't that bad?

Based on the reaction from the media too I was expecting to see Mr Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi himself preaching on national television, instead it was just some guy with a weed hat.

I mean yeah it was a little silly, but what I found far more frightening was the dude from the government saying he should have the power to remove some guy he doesn't like from the country. Like for reals, he may be a dickhead, but do we really want to give that kind of power to even bigger dickheads in Canberra?

So much for being a classic liberal and all, keep the gubberment out of our lives rah rah rah.
    Last edited by militiamon; 23-06-2015 at 08:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

I think that the issue was his wording more than anything.
    He basically said that the disenfranchised Muslim youths who already hate this xenophobic govt are now justified to go and join ISIS because Tony intends to take away their citizenship by ministerial decree rather than a judicial outcome.

If he had simply said that's how they feel it might have been interpreted differently instead of a "call to arms".
    I will clarify I don't watch Q&A and I only saw a short excerpt of the segment, not the whole thing.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

disenfranchised = comtemporary weak as piss excuse imo.

Silly young prick. He spouts a different tune off air. Sending him to isis is as good as the death pen. Can we send some skips as well
    Last edited by hawk; 23-06-2015 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    instead it was just some guy with a weed hat.

but what I found far more frightening was the dude from the government saying he should have the power to remove some guy he doesn't like from the country.
    nah. read a bit more about the dude and what he was charged with, convicted of, and acquitted on (and the reasons he was acquitted).
    then decide whether calling for the gang raping of prominent female journalists is something you want to be associated with.

He wasn't 'some guy the minister didn't like'.

plus, there is a constant criticism going on of the ABC and their perceived bias towards a certain section of politics. this stunt was a pretty bad example of that. if they really wished to be considered impartial and stop giving the News Ltd idiots more amo to go after them, then they need to stop cheap ass gotcha journo stunts like this, or they are no better than the tabloids they look down on.

judging by the statements released by ABC management today they tend to agree.

i dont agree with the citizenship laws being proposed, but if the ABC wants to maintain any credibility then they need to start treating all sides of politics with the same respect.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Where was all this criticism of Channel Ten when he appeared on the 7 PM Project (or whatever it's called) months ago? Afaik he's been afforded plenty of interviews by the Australian media, and not just the ABC. Not sure how this was a stunt, maybe it just didn't follow the perfectly scripted yawn fest that Q&A normally is. Must admit I don't watch it either for fear that I might stab my eyes out.

I still maintain, the story is a massive beat up and I don't see what the fuss is all about. Still more worried about a government politician saying he would be glad to unilaterally render another citizen stateless on national television and not copping anything for it.

Where was all this criticism of Channel Ten when he appeared on the 7 PM Project (or whatever it's called) months ago? Afaik he's been afforded plenty of interviews by the Australian media, and not just the ABC. Not sure how this was a stunt, maybe it just didn't follow the perfectly scripted yawn fest that Q&A normally is. Must admit I don't watch it either for fear that I might stab my eyes out.

I still maintain, the story is a massive beat up and I don't see what the fuss is all about. Still more worried about a government politician saying he would be glad to unilaterally render another citizen stateless on national television and not copping anything for it.
    1. Tax payer funded broadcaster vs private company. We switch off ch10 it affects their bottom line we switch off ABC we keep paying whether we like it or not. Nowadays there's not much difference between Fox News in America claiming to be 'fair and balanced' vs ABC saying the same.

2. From memory the pollie was asked if he agreed with the policy to which he said he did. The policy is subject to judicial appeal so it's not some overlord figure getting to throw people out. (Even though originally that was the plan). You also can't get on the pollies back for having an opinion when the other blokes opinions are just as vile (wanting prominent female journos gang raped etc).

Agree though that it's all a big beat up, the people giving him the platform are the real ones who need to answer to thier stakeholders.

i watch sport and old Griff DVDs, my world is a happy peaceful place.

Oh and fwiw I'm more than respectful that you don't think it's a big deal.
    I wish shit like this didn't happen and if we are debating important issues like new laws or racial issues they are done a bit more adult like.

The whole gotcha journalism is sad and non productive, but it sounds like it rates and that's all that matters to some.

here's your answer as to why they didn't go hard on the project. what abject ****ing nonsense.

and for all the spouting about the ABC hating da right wingers, they just gave them the biggest boost in the last ten years by airing The Killing Season.

and for all the spouting about the ABC hating da right wingers, they just gave them the biggest boost in the last ten years by airing The Killing Season.
    To be fair no one could have possibly seen the lulz coming that the Killing Season produced.

I read somewhere that the initial show was to be interviews with K-Rudd about his time in politics but he
    dumped such a bucket that the journos involved smartly went straight out to the other pollies to get their reactions and they had no trouble stirring the pot.

As for the newspaper headline, it's exactly why no good can come of any of it. They all just keep giving each other more than enough rope and ammo.

It's all a bit silly really.

Got to admit for some reason seeing the cartoon of the Bananas in Pyjamas dressed like terrorists made me giggle.

I'm 12 years old.

killing season was utterly brilliant telly though. rudd is absolutely ruthless.

i'd alsmost forgotten how much of a toilet the whole libs carryon was through that campaign. they hardly even needed to go at them as hard as they did, labor was eating themselves alive regardless - but abbott at that crackpot festival, bringing up the died of shame thing in question time, what a horrible turd he was. gillard's reply is still absolutely eviscerating.

supposedly fergo's got another series waiting in the wings...

killing season was utterly brilliant telly though. rudd is absolutely ruthless.

supposedly fergo's got another series waiting in the wings...
    I haven't seen Ep 3 yet but I reackon Gillard is lying through her teeth and Swan looks like quite possibly the most spineless individual ever.

Possibly the most damming thing was when Gillard first went at Rudd the bloke they all needed the OK from was Paul Howes.
    Openly admitting to all and sundry that the AWU was deciding this stuff was a terrible terrible look.

Also did you watch the Keating interviews ABC did a year or 2 back?
    Not as scandalous but he is a fascinating bloke. Highly recommend.

definitely worth a watch. get a glass of scotch and set your face to stun.

didn't actually watch the keating ones, surely they're knocking around on the iview or something though,

combet and albo come out alright - combet calls it for what it is, albo didn't flip-flop. would reckon they're keeping his powder dry for the time when people see shorten as completely unelectable (if they don't already).

Albanese was the rank and file vote. Definately a traditional left of centre labor polli.

**** shorten. Can't stand the bloke.

Best thing Rudd ever did was change the election of leader process to include the plebs. Shame caucus couldn't hack it on voted the bloke that would keep the status quo, rather than albo who would have given the party another decent shake in the right direction for meaningful positive reform.

Livs have it far to easy at the moment.
    Last edited by Blackmac79; 24-06-2015 at 01:11 PM.
    Go jetties

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar

The thing that's wrong here is the way news corp is going after the ABC. In the Telegraph this morning there is literally a two-page picture of Tony Jones sitting at the Q&A desk with a panel of robe-clad "classic" terrorists. Like, how can they be so shameless? It is a disgrace.

As far as the beat up over what the guy actually said, I think it's fair enough. He's absolute scum. I think he does have a point about how the government has to change tact in regards to addressing the movements within Australia to join IS because what's happening now isn't really working.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

The thing that's wrong here is the way news corp is going after the ABC.
    as opposed to the ABC going after News Corp sycophants?

they are all as bad as each other.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

the best bit about some of new(ish) media laws is that they have to declare when the photo has been doctored.

"WHAT ARE YOU TELLING ME THATS NOT A REAL PANEL OF TERRORISTS UP THERE WITH TONY JONES?"

we are living in stupid times lads, be alert not alarmed.
    Seems like I am WRONG