Page 92 of 242 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar

Newcastle reacts to the law passing

lol^

rip railway, hello new convenient light rail with heaps of car parking nearby. We will get it, right?

the gun nut put one of the conditions that they look into expanding the network, rather than just a straight line

we need to increase density in suburban centres and connect them with light rail, basic planning stuff first

Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    Rail line officially closed enabling the Government of NSW to get on with light rail. Great result.
    yeah I'm all for some sort of mass transit system, but the carry on from the light rail mob is off the charts.
    Does anyone actually think this is going to get done within a decade (at best?). The truthers out there are acting like sods of dirt are getting turned tomorrow.

the idea is great, the implementation of the plan(and the argument) is beyond flawed.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    yeah I'm all for some sort of mass transit system, but the carry on from the light rail mob is off the charts.
    Does anyone actually think this is going to get done within a decade (at best?). The truthers out there are acting like sods of dirt are getting turned tomorrow.

the idea is great, the implementation of the plan(and the argument) is beyond flawed.
    To be fair, the carry on from the hardcore element of both sides of the coin was off the charts. I watched the surf and turf blokes speech and he made plenty of sense. I hope his call on opening of light rail late 2017 is spot on. Subsequent stages of light rail are essential to long term success of the project, along with a fully integrated service across the different modes of transport.

Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    To be fair, the carry on from the hardcore element of both sides of the coin was off the charts. I watched the surf and turf blokes speech and he made plenty of sense. I hope his call on opening of light rail late 2017 is spot on. Subsequent stages of light rail are essential to long term success of the project, along with a fully integrated service across the different modes of transport.
    oh i agree the Save Our Rail mob had their loonies as well.
    As for 2017, mate, just go check how long it took them to repave Maitland Mall (about 200m worth) and chuck in some nice new tables to see all you need to know about the fairy tales pollies tell us as to what can be achieved.

and your last line is 100% correct but the biggest gripe seems to be why shut the existing line now when we are years off getting its replacement. just didn't make sense.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

you should win prizes by riding the new tram

If the rail mob ran the Jets they would read a story about David DeGea wanting to play for us in 2020 and then sack Biraz and BK now and play with no keeper for the next few years.

That's how stupid this pretend plan is.

Lost in all this debate though was the announcement the other day that ferry stops at Honeysuckle and Carrington are looking to be added to the Stockton route.

Only a matter of time before the existing ferry is deemed too small.

You know what that means right?

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    you should win prizes by riding the new tram
    Needs to be DJ's on board.
    Pipe in John Laws during the day, EDM at night for the kids.

Word.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    yeah seriously, are they just planning on having one track down hunter street or what?

if they're not going to create some sort of inner city tram network the whole thing is just a massive wank and you can't help but sympathise with those who are claiming conspiracy about what's going to be built on the old train lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Lost in all this debate though was the announcement the other day that ferry stops at Honeysuckle and Carrington are looking to be added to the Stockton route.

Only a matter of time before the existing ferry is deemed too small.

You know what that means right?

Dunster knows what's up with what's up.

yeah seriously, are they just planning on having one track down hunter street or what?

if they're not going to create some sort of inner city tram network the whole thing is just a massive wank and you can't help but sympathise with those who are claiming conspiracy about what's going to be built on the old train lines.
    Exactly.
    There is no 'plan' right now.
    All those people who demanded the old line be removed and celebrated so hard when it happened kind of look like a bunch of suckers right now.

I catch the train from Maitland to Hamilton most days and either grab the shuttle bus, or take a bike and ride into Newcastle from Hamilton.
    For me it's a pretty neutral situation as the longer I'm on the train the more Monster Hunter 4 time I have on the Nintendo 3DS.
    The protesters though got it completely wrong. They should have said nothing with respect to their protesting and simply talked the rail line up and encouraged everyone they new to use the rail network at every opportunity.
    As soon as they started going against the grain they were dead in the water because they looked like children crying over a spilt ice-cream

Yeah no doubt. But I'm hearing the counter point of old people, disabled, people with surfboards etc not having such as good a time transferring from train to bus etc and I dig that.
    Agree it's total chicken egg thing that if it was so darn important then it would have been packed every day etc.

But

The biggest gripe was that people were never seemingly against the train itself, but the 'type' of train we used.

They must have legit hated it sooooo much to be all like "GET RID OF THE TRAIN"

"BUT GIVE US A DIFFERENT TRAIN"

"EVENTUALLY"

"JUST UP THE ROAD A BIT"

Hi guys, did everyone hear the news today that we are putting together a proposal to commission a report to gather interest from the private sector about running the entire Newcastle public transport network?

Yeah if anyone is over the age of 50 and planning your funeral please don't advise your guests to catch the light rail in cause that sucker ain't getting built any time soon.

fkn trains ay

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    global warming will see newy underwater long before this project is even half finished
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week