Page 99 of 242 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,961 to 1,980 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    So reading about these 'religious freedoms' laws being debated across the US at the moment.

Anyone on this, because on the face of it both sides have a general agreeable point.
    But as always the devil is in the detail and the strange little situations it throws up.

Now I'm only talking about private business here, as all govt departments and employees of those departments should be under the one rule.

But

As a business owner it does irk me that even though the govt did nothing to help me set up or run the joint, they can stand over the top of you and say "you must do this or that". So by empowering one part of the population you limit the freedom of another.

Interesting.

(And for the record I've never knocked back a dollar from anyone so it doesn't bother me so much but the principal does).
    I'm going to guess that you have never been to Mississippi ? My former roomie at Uni said it is the one place in the world he's too scared to visit. And he's a 6'7" African American you would not want to mess with and he reckons if seen alone on the street he's lynched within mins.

Suffice to say, Mississippi is a special case when it comes to discrimination.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I'm going to guess that you have never been to Mississippi ? My former roomie at Uni said it is the one place in the world he's too scared to visit. And he's a 6'7" African American you would not want to mess with and he reckons if seen alone on the street he's lynched within mins.

Suffice to say, Mississippi is a special case when it comes to discrimination.
    Oh don't worry, my buddy who used to live in Georgia has regaled me many tales.

I just think this is a new example of someone thinking this is an easy fix, yet not taking time to weigh up all of the consequences, because there is a flip side to everything.

I also don't have a problem with bigots outing themselves. I'd rather them be public and open to the ridicule they deserve rather than being continually protected by legislation they actually don't want anyway.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    I'm sick of this election already

still waiting for some idiot pollie to bring up the high speed rail idea.

still waiting for some idiot pollie to bring up the high speed rail idea.
    Right up there with the "knowledge Nation", "Charter of Budget Honesty", and the best of them all " The Future Fund".

The problem is there seems to be a lot of the public and pollies who think that spending billions of dollars to get between 2 places a hell of a lot slower than you already can is somehow a good idea

Also, first time I heard the term 'future fund' muttered I legit thought we were funding some sort of time travel machine.

Man was I ****ing let down big time by these asshole politicians.

The problem is there seems to be a lot of the public and pollies who think that spending billions of dollars to get between 2 places a hell of a lot slower than you already can is somehow a good idea

Also, first time I heard the term 'future fund' muttered I legit thought we were funding some sort of time travel machine.

Man was I ****ing let down big time by these asshole politicians.

This I would vote for. Make it happen.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 21-04-2016 at 02:23 PM.

if we're going to adopt any technology from that movie we should go with the lickable wallpaper

Peter Dutton is a monster

Where Ted Cruz at?

Where Ted Cruz at?
    back to his day job - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zodiac_Killer

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    Well now that Donald has confirmed that Cruz's dad murdered JFK the Zodiac theory is just so spot on.

Did you see the footage of him punching and elbowing his wife on stage during his speech today?

He literally cannot control his impulse to attack and kill people.

Did you see the footage of him punching and elbowing his wife on stage during his speech today?

He literally cannot control his impulse to attack and kill people.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    Peter Dutton is a monster

He's a Christian fundamentalist nut job with the mental capacity of a pebble.

Banned
    Who is the **** responsible for dropping interest rates in this country a couple of weeks out from an election??

Who is the **** responsible for dropping interest rates in this country a couple of weeks out from an election??
    Interest rates go up when the elites want to convert money into an interest bearing alternative and rates go down when the elites wish to sell interest bearing alternatives back to the RBA.

The Government and RBA simply do as they are told to feather their nests after they leave public life.

From and economic point of view interest rates are pretty much meaningless as they tell us very little about the real economy.

No matter which party was in government the interest rate was always going to go down given how bleak the forecasts have been for many many years now. [Based on the mentality of those in charge more so than due to economic necessity]
    Last edited by The Dunster; 05-05-2016 at 01:01 PM.

He's a Christian fundamentalist nut job with the mental capacity of a pebble.
    sounds like a moronic waleed/pickering attitude. Just replace Jew with Christian and apparently your no longer a bigot, lol
    Last edited by hawk; 05-05-2016 at 09:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    sounds like a moronic waleed/pickering attitude. Just replace Jew with Christian and apparently your no longer a bigot, lol
    Not really, they are pretty ****ed up as well. If being an advocate for evidence based learning / teaching makes me moronic then so be it.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 08-05-2016 at 09:56 PM.