Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 15/16 HAL Round 21 | Caravanning Coasters v Newcastle Jets | Sunday 28/2/16 ko 5pm

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Worst refereeing I've seen in along time.
    The advantage not being played was bad but the poljak yellow was probably the worst decision I've seen a referee make in a long time. Luckily it wasn't match changing but I don't understand what he saw?

Also there was an incredibly blatant handball 3m away from him directly in front, what was he looking at?

Very un-Newcastle to get away with a win there! Played bad, ref was shit and against us, against those scummy gypos and we got 3 points.

no excuses if we didn't get the 3 points today. We got the job done so i wont be critical. It was a weak mariners team but they did have the ref on their side. Good win jets and congrats on a good patient derby victory. Doesn't matter what the scoreline is in a derby as long as we win. P.s Im drunk as we never beat the mariners and I thought id celebrate accordingly woo hoo

jeez that was diabolical

Forget the A-League. Ben Williams is the worst referee in the history of sport.

For once it was fun but nearly kill me that Gosford sun!!!!.... Glad I get to go home they get to live there we get to go home....
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Forget the A-League. Ben Williams is the worst referee in the history of sport.
    He did lost the plot few times I must say
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Putting aside that Williams obviously scored a bag of ice from the gyppos for his pro-gyppo bias, we better not play as f'd as that next game or we'll get the same scoreline we did last time against Purff
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    Putting aside that Williams obviously scored a bag of ice from the gyppos for his pro-gyppo bias, we better not play as f'd as that next game or we'll get the same scoreline we did last time against Purff
    fo sho. Perf can take this comp, but will stuff it playing away somewhere.

we seemed pedestrian at times but worked hard when we had to. seemed to have heaps of possession but we were playing the worst team in the comp over the last 10 yrs.

Morten and Leo pulled up OK I hope, they got a bit of gyppo attention their crackhead ref wasn't prepared to deal with, unlike our players who didn't even have to touch a gyppo to draw a foul at times...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

I went to the game with a bunch of gypo supporters. They were whining as much as I was about Williams. The gypos, like us get the worst time slot of 5pm and the worst referees. That's why we see so much of Williams.

Great to win today. Crap seats near that bloody band so will have to watcg the replay b ed fore commenting too much.

Will say that to be amongst the gypo faithful with Steve Ug scored was a life fulfilling highlight. The silence was deafening

Was at the game today, good to see the jets get with win.

Only thing I was dissapointed with was the fact that I saw three jets fans pissed getting detained by police and playing the victim. From what i heard was that they were near bay 16 (Yellow Army) when they were nabbed.

I know is a derby, I understand its a big game but why go to the trouble of causing a ruckess down in their bay? Its an away game take a bit of banter and have a laugh Its not like we're ultras in Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    The advantage not being played was bad but the poljak yellow was probably the worst decision I've seen a referee make in a long time. Luckily it wasn't match changing but I don't understand what he saw?

Also there was an incredibly blatant handball 3m away from him directly in front, what was he looking at?

Very un-Newcastle to get away with a win there! Played bad, ref was shit and against us, against those scummy gypos and we got 3 points.
    Seen replays of the Poljak yellow and agree....disgraceful decision. Poljak gets to the ball half a metre in front of the Gypo, the Gypo actually slides in and collects Mateo but injures himself in the process. Then Williams gives Mateo the yellow...and this bloke is supposed to be the best ref in the country
    Clear case for a penalty too. Just had that feeling in the last 10 or so that we were going to somehow get screwed over by Williams. Luckily enough we didn't give him one sniff of a chance to give them a penalty or anything and we prevailed in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    I went to the game with a bunch of gypo supporters. They were whining as much as I was about Williams. The gypos, like us get the worst time slot of 5pm and the worst referees. That's why we see so much of Williams.

Great to win today. Crap seats near that bloody band so will have to watcg the replay b ed fore commenting too much.

Will say that to be amongst the gypo faithful with Steve Ug scored was a life fulfilling highlight. The silence was deafening
    I did an interview for the podcast with a Mariners fan and he said the same thing about Williams' performance. It's obviously a common theme.

As for the match - it's fantastic to have won down there! Winning down there was one of the points many of us demanded from this season because we realistically thought we couldn't make a push for the finals. Well the team delivered! While the result was great, I wouldn't say as much about the performance. I expect there will be some practice in the front third this week.

But anyway, we WON!!! Not every win is pretty so let's soak it up and back up again in a few week's time when we pay another visit.

Finally...the passion the players showed out there today was refreshing. Birraz, Mullen and Hoff at the whistle all ran straight over to the fans. That's what we want to see. The boys also having each other's back when some ugly challenges went in.

Cowburn was my man of the match

Also, McGing is a hack. That's the second match in a row he's gone through Leonardo and received a booking/red. Can see our vitriol being directed at him in forthcoming derbys.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 29-02-2016 at 09:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    Morten and Leo pulled up OK I hope, they got a bit of gyppo attention their crackhead ref wasn't prepared to deal with, unlike our players who didn't even have to touch a gyppo to draw a foul at times...
    I noticed in Poljaks post game interview that Morten was limping pretty badly behind him. Hope it pulls up ok and is good to go next week. We are going to need to be at our best over in Perth against a team playing really well!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

So good to see the gypos emulating the grand final to concede. Veteran defender **** up, Griff curling in the winner. Love Griff.

Banned
    Jeterpool how many times have we kept those ****s scoreless at Gosford???

Can't recall a lot of 0-0 draws there and being the only other win was 2-1 to us is that the first time ever we have kept a clean sheet at Shittounge???

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

Can't recall a lot of 0-0 draws there and being the only other win was 2-1 to us is that the first time ever we have kept a clean sheet at Shittounge???
    We drew 0-0 down there in a game in January 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

Twice - yesterday and the one Evolution pointed out. Birraz was in goals both times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Boring.

Hot.

But still feels so great to finally win down there.

Nobby was pretty useless.

Leo is too good for our team.

Alivodic was pretty useless.

There were roughly 17 state league quality players out there yesterday mixed in with 5 or so actual HAL footballers.

That was the smallest I've seen the home bay ever.

Didn't realise til yesterday how big the gap is between CCM and every other team. What are they, 14 points behind 2nd last? So great. So, so great.

How freaking useless was their right winger - Bugagar? Noticably the worst on the park.

Cowburn and Boogs, take a bow. Love you both so much.
    OK

useless? get out

Nobby made a couple of mistakes but he still some great stuff