Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 15/16 HAL Round 21 | Caravanning Coasters v Newcastle Jets | Sunday 28/2/16 ko 5pm

Leo was class yesterday, how good is this little bloke turning nothing into something.
    also boogs was very solid,
    Alidovic,please take a shot instead of trying to beat a thousand players after you already beat your player 5 times before it in the box. YOU HEADLESS CHICKEN
    Last edited by cobra23; 29-02-2016 at 10:59 AM.

Leo was class at times, but god damn did he give the ball away a lot and lose it in possession.. So frustrating.. His tracking back and chasing when he lost the ball was Carney-esque.. Not to mention his froth-ups..
    I'm usually a Milos fan, but he seemed half asleep and uninterested..
    Cowburn was amazing, there was one tackle he did in the last 15 (i think they had pinched it off him and were 3 on 2) and he sprinted back to make a sliding tackle in the box that was sublime, I was rigid.. In fact, I think our entire back line was quite solid all game..
    Alivodic had another of his off games.. Take a fvcken shot!!!! (without scuffing it wide, haha)
    Nordstrand was still great on the ball, although I was hoping for a bit more of his 1st half shots.. Still, he is a legend..
    Stevie U-G has put himself into Newy Legend folklore already just for that goal.. Great to see JP getting him in a headlock at the end, giving him a noogie and pointing to the crowd to show him what it meant to us..

So great to see Hoff, Birraz and Mullen come running straight over when the full time whistle was blown, I thought Mullen was going to blow an o-ring with how hard he was thrusting and fist-pumping.. The blokes loved it..
    Also, the second we scored, Hoff turned around and ran closer to the away support giving the massive ones too.. Thats the sort of passion and feeling we want to see!!

Roundball Enthusiast and I got a lift back to Newy from a Mariners fan.. The bloke was pretty damn silent the whole drive home.. Great times..

Jason ****ing Hoffman

maddest **** end off
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Lol what a day that was.

Thanks for the song about my pool bodi that was quite random.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I did an interview for the podcast with a Mariners fan and he said the same thing about Williams' performance. It's obviously a common theme.

As for the match - it's fantastic to have won down there! Winning down there was one of the points many of us demanded from this season because we realistically thought we couldn't make a push for the finals. Well the team delivered! While the result was great, I wouldn't say as much about the performance. I expect there will be some practice in the front third this week.

But anyway, we WON!!! Not every win is pretty so let's soak it up and back up again in a few week's time when we pay another visit.

Finally...the passion the players showed out there today was refreshing. Birraz, Mullen and Hoff at the whistle all ran straight over to the fans. That's what we want to see. The boys also having each other's back when some ugly challenges went in.

Cowburn was my man of the match

Also, McGing is a hack. That's the second match in a row he's gone through Leonardo and received a booking/red. Can see our vitriol being directed at him in forthcoming derbys.
    Good to see Cowby get recognised for his efforts by making Bozza's team of the week on Foxsports at LB.

Did Birraz actually get called upon to make save as I don't recall one during the whole game?

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Good to see Cowby get recognised for his efforts by making Bozza's team of the week on Foxsports at LB.

Did Birraz actually get called upon to make save as I don't recall one during the whole game?
    One save from Bughahir (spelling)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Leo was class at times, but god damn did he give the ball away a lot and lose it in possession.. So frustrating.. His tracking back and chasing when he lost the ball was Carney-esque.. Not to mention his froth-ups..
    Cowburn was amazing, there was one tackle he did in the last 15 (i think they had pinched it off him and were 3 on 2) and he sprinted back to make a sliding tackle in the box that was sublime, I was rigid.. In fact, I think our entire back line was quite solid all game..
    Alivodic had another of his off games.. Take a fvcken shot!!!! (without scuffing it wide, haha)
    Nordstrand was still great on the ball, although I was hoping for a bit more of his 1st half shots.. Still, he is a legend..
    Stevie U-G has put himself into Newy Legend folklore already just for that goal.. Great to see JP getting him in a headlock at the end, giving him a noogie and pointing to the crowd to show him what it meant to us..

So great to see Hoff, Birraz and Mullen come running straight over when the full time whistle was blown, I thought Mullen was going to blow an o-ring with how hard he was thrusting and fist-pumping.. The blokes loved it..
    Also, the second we scored, Hoff turned around and ran closer to the away support giving the massive ones too.. Thats the sort of passion and feeling we want to see!!

Roundball Enthusiast and I got a lift back to Newy from a Mariners fan.. The bloke was pretty damn silent the whole drive home.. Great times..
    WLG drive you home??!

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    WLG drive you home??!
    Last I saw Bon post-game, I was heading north tyvm
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    WLG drive you home??!
    Nah, a different gypo..
    This bloke is the only guy I know who is a Mariners supporter but has a Jets membership.. (Pretty sure pv4 isn't a member anymore? )

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Last I saw Bon post-game, I was heading north tyvm
    I did bump in to pv4 walking back to the car.
    He was reminiscing his days lurking about Gosford train station when he used to throw batteries at cars and steal Powerman 5000 cds from the hock shop..

McGing-er, Bingham, Buhagiar, so obvious Coasties are all inbred, def have to be related to Khuntchinson, how else would sh'tkhunts like that get a run at this level??
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post

How freaking useless was their right winger - Bugagar? Noticably the worst on the park.
    Just googled the guy and he's from the International Football School. I know at least two others maybe more from there that are playing in NewFM and probably better quality. Mariners are at their lowest point and I could say I feel sorry but I don't. Wouldn't want to see them fold though as I still want those away days down there, especially the wins. Can't wait for the next one.

Stealing all my words from the hide home mate. How rude! :P

Loved getting my first Jets win in over a year and to do it Away to the scum. Oh the feels.

The last 5+ minutes of extra time, I couldn't handle it, I felt like a boy on Christmas morning, except not knowing if you'd get to open the presents sitting right in front of you or not.

This is the only match of the year, where I don't judge the players performance, as the only thing that fking matters is 3 points and a never die attitude. Yesterday, they gave both. Hoff, Mullen and Birra, fkn newy legends. The emotion shown from them at fulltime gives me goosebumps, still.

The drive home, amazing.

best part I think is that the gyppo faithfully truly believed they had this game wrapped up weeks ago when they played us here, saw plenty of comments online talking about points already in the bank etc - shattering that confidence that they had a win lined up before a ball was kicked, how's it feel to be scumsucking bottomfeeders, coasties?
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Nawwww....that just warms the little cockles of my heart.
    AND ABOUT FECKEN TIME TOO!

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    best part I think is that the gyppo faithfully truly believed they had this game wrapped up weeks ago when they played us here, saw plenty of comments online talking about points already in the bank etc - shattering that confidence that they had a win lined up before a ball was kicked, how's it feel to be scumsucking bottomfeeders, coasties?
    Yeah...and we finally stuck an unwanted record somewhere else for a change...i.e. where it belongs.
    23 games now with no clean sheets...and longer will it continue.
    Next 6 games = sCCuM v Victree (H), v Perf (A), Sh!they(H), the 2 away: Adelaide n Wankerers....
    All we need to do is put the nails in the coffin come Saturday, April 9th.
    And those nails could very well be goals that see them get another record: worst defence of any A-League campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Yeah...and we finally stuck an unwanted record somewhere else for a change...i.e. where it belongs.
    23 games now with no clean sheets...and longer will it continue.
    Next 6 games = sCCuM v Victree (H), v Perf (A), Sh!they(H), the 2 away: Adelaide n Wankerers....
    All we need to do is put the nails in the coffin come Saturday, April 9th.
    And those nails could very well be goals that see them get another record: worst defence of any A-League campaign.
    they showed a goal trajectory last night in the pre-game. if they keep on conceding at the same rate they will concede about 70 goals, 10 more than NQ Fury did.

god I hope it comes true.

The way they are going through players they might have to forfeit the final round.