Thread: Matildas

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    so it was all bullshit after all

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/...31-p51t3b.html

Heather Reid's position is now untenable
    BS

Read between the lines

Stajcic and FFA have come to.a settlement ie $$ going to the Gypo have been agreed
    Probably why Phoenix got billed 1 million for metrics not measuring up this week 5 5 5

This is just a public statement from them to try and take the blame off Stajcic and try and clear his name as best they can

Whole thing is an orchestrated negotiated arrangement between Stajcic and the FFA

The truth is still blurred

As for Reid she got cancer
    They won't be sacking her unless they want another PR disaster but it is the FFA so anything is possible

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    BS

Read between the lines

Stajcic and FFA have come to.a settlement ie $$ going to the Gypo have been agreed
    Probably why Phoenix got billed 1 million for metrics not measuring up this week 5 5 5

This is just a public statement from them to try and take the blame off Stajcic and try and clear his name as best they can

Whole thing is an orchestrated negotiated arrangement between Stajcic and the FFA

The truth is still blurred

As for Reid she got cancer
    They won't be sacking her unless they want another PR disaster but it is the FFA so anything is possible
    usually a 'settlement' goes along the lines of "heres some money, now sign this watertight NDA and we'll put the best spin on it for everyone".

Stajic had ALL the leverage, you dont ever see an org give over the money, and cop every single bit of the blame. Its just not the way it works.
    The fact they reemployed him in a sense to coach the gypos was the start of the grovel. from there he obviously kept putting out his hand saying 'more please', and the FFA was that far over a barrel that it had no choice.
    it wouldnt shock me if there were still recriminations to come for the FFA, but Stajic seems to have been appeased now, so they've put out at least one bushfire.

the whole issue of bringing in that man hating company to do the review needs to be thoroughly looked at too. they messed that one up bigtime.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Bit rusty at the back for a few moments. Cost us a goal at the end.
    Carpenter and Kerr were superb.
    I remember watching a women’s World Cup match with Brazil and maybe aus about 10 years ago, and I was flabbergasted at how poor I perceived it to be for World Cup, best teams. Their first touch was terrible, there were miss kicks everywhere. It was a shambles.

The standard of football I saw last night was great. The improvement, game awareness and skills on display were a huge advert to how far the women’s game has come. Some moments from Kerr were brilliant. carpenter was great all game too. It’s all out attack which is great to watch.
    Saw Sweden knocked off the US.

Absolutely superb game to watch.
    The quality of football these girls played last night was impressive.
    Deadset some clattering challenges and head cuts and the girls go down in genuine pain and get straight up. Surely it makes the means comp embarrassed to see how tough these girls are.

Against Great Britain no less. What a thrilling game to watch. I’d encourage anybody to watch the game, you won’t be disappointed.

Was an awesome effort. Who do they play in the semis?

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Was an awesome effort. Who do they play in the semis?
    Sweden again!

3 semi finalists all from the same preliminary group....must be a first?

Pretty nuts.

Lucky the Swedish players have numbers, imagine having to mark them based on hair colour. Hair colour seems to range from albino blonde to bottle blonde.

Kennedy having a ping from 60m. Jesus!

Kerr absolutely gassed 15 minutes ago

Brilliant first half, unlucky to not take the lead.
    Soft call for the free kick goal we scored. But I can live with it since the referees whistle went before Kerr was making contact. I’d be more frustrated if it was called after it hit the net. Was a good finish too.
    I thought we were playing well, and Sweden were either a bit off their game, or taken back by our approach.

Their goal was very unlucky for us. Yoeman in commentary saying she shouldn’t have tried to block it, fmd. If she sat
    Back and watched that shot hit the top corner she’d have been slammed.
    Sweden have conceded 8 goals or something in the last 12+ months (I can’t remember the exact period they said) and we’re undefeated. Only been held scoreless once. So they are pretty deserving finalists. But we gave them a crack.

Big game Vs USA.

Biggest loss from that game was Ellie “Atkinson” Carpenter. Let her frustrations get the best of her to commit that foul at the end. 96th minute, play to stop at any time, if she had her time again I think she’d rather concede a second than cop the red. She will be a huge loss, one of the best players.

I also thought Kerr looked done vs GB but she managed to score. But she was walking and barely chasing in that second half. There were a few half chances where by her standards, she would be disappointed she gave up on the play tbh.

Overall, I think we can be pleased at a bronze medal playoff. Definitely building towards that World Cup.
    A lot of our players just put themselves in the shop window. Reminds me of the 2006 men’s era when most of them were playing overseas.
    Last edited by Bremsstrahlung; 03-08-2021 at 06:46 AM.

Needs to be put here...its smouldering but many are putting heads in sand.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/football/ma...b-4123d6358678

This all relates to Stajic's sacking and receipt of hush money. Has to be sorted before 2023, even though one or two golden girls might cop it.

Matildas playing the USA in Newy on November 30.

https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/s...wcastle/?cs=12

Kya Simon done her ACL.
    Wishing her a Speedy recovery.