Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3846474849 LastLast

Thread: Socceroos Friendlies

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    We got outplayed by NZ. Mbappe will score 5 goals in the first half against us. Awful U-Shaped Possession. Peru shitting the bed has given him a stay of execution
    To be fair to Gypo Arnold look at the squad he has at his disposal

Then contrast that to the Squads we took to 2006 2010 2014 and 2018 Word Cup

It been a steady decline in quality

The Gypo is going to a WC with basically an A League All-star level squad

We had superior sides in 94 98 and 02 and didn't even qualify and yet these current ass clowns are gonna put down played at a WC on their CV

Gypo Arnold is a ****wits but this is a bigger problem that lays squarely at the feet of the FFA and their incompetence at running the A League in the last 15 or so years

Atkinson has come on a bit in recent times imo.
    Less than 10 minutes in and I like what he brings. If he get the stupid yellows out of his game he could be a consistent player for next WC campaign.
    This almost looks like our 2026 WC team.

I’d be happy never to see Leckie or Duke pull on a Socceroos jersey again.

Oh God. And tilio is one of our great hopes?

One positive out of these matches
    I like our jersey

Was it Arnold that was quoted as saying he wasn’t gonna just hand out socceroos jerseys?

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Was it Arnold that was quoted as saying he wasn’t gonna just hand out socceroos jerseys?
    It's getting sad now, they are using the national team as a marketing tool for the A League instead of actually trying to build a footballing structure and style. Arnold still has no clue how he wants the team to play, he's just giving out starts to keep the media team happy and any questions about how poorly we play out of the spotlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I'm definitely sick of all these nonces calling for Cummings to go to the world cup, he scored the same amount of goals last year as D'agostino (less goals from open play however) and I don't see too many people calling for him to be on the plane?

Cummings chose to play for Scotland but wasn't good enough, why are we even considering taking their dreggs when we have a higher FIFA world ranking?
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I'm definitely sick of all these nonces calling for Cummings to go to the world cup, he scored the same amount of goals last year as D'agostino (less goals from open play however) and I don't see too many people calling for him to be on the plane?

Cummings chose to play for Scotland but wasn't good enough, why are we even considering taking their dreggs when we have a higher FIFA world ranking?
    FIFA Rankings are not an indication of ability. Belgium is the prime example of that. Scotland would pump the Roos 4-0. Nobody from the Roos team is getting into the Scotland team
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    FIFA Rankings are not an indication of ability. Belgium is the prime example of that. Scotland would pump the Roos 4-0. Nobody from the Roos team is getting into the Scotland team
    Yes, I know FIFA rankings are nonsense. It was a joke.

But Scotland still have Lyndon Sykes or Che Adams as their starting striker. Even they would struggle to score against us. They have 3 decent players and 2 of them are LBs, haha.

So this - been here 5 mins, says he wants to play for Oz as he can see the obvious opportunity to go to a WC. Of course as a Gypo gets a walk up start.

Can also see Kuol as Arzani 2.0, the hype is getting ahead of itself again.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    So this - been here 5 mins, says he wants to play for Oz as he can see the obvious opportunity to go to a WC. Of course as a Gypo gets a walk up start.

Can also see Kuol as Arzani 2.0, the hype is getting ahead of itself again.
    Kuol has never started an A League game, unless he is playing 90 mins from the first game this season, there's absolutely no reason to take him other than media nonsense.

Yes, I know FIFA rankings are nonsense. It was a joke.

But Scotland still have Lyndon Sykes or Che Adams as their starting striker. Even they would struggle to score against us. They have 3 decent players and 2 of them are LBs, haha.
    Dykes heavily in form for Scotland, and we have been playing well bar the European WC play offs. We would pump Aus, Arnie Ball against us would be playing into our hands. Imagine Dykes bullying Sainsbury and Co.

There is not a single player in the Aus team who starts over what is available for Scotland except Mat Ryan in goals because our GKs are pretty shite.

The fact of the matter is that we are taking a journeyman striker who only got his Aus Passport the other day plus a few blokes at Hibs & Hearts who have yet to make a name for themselves (Devlin the exception, imo he is absolute quality who deserves more minutes in Midfield) to the World Cup.
    Jaliens gives me the horn

It's getting sad now, they are using the national team as a marketing tool for the A League instead of actually trying to build a footballing structure and style. Arnold still has no clue how he wants the team to play, he's just giving out starts to keep the media team happy and any questions about how poorly we play out of the spotlight.
    I’m all for giving people who deserve an opportunity/reward a chance.
    But the fact that we’ve had 22 players debut in the last 2 years is a bit much. And as you say a lot of it is all just due to media hype and getting those headlines.

If we are intent on “blooding” a new generation, we should be using those early WCQs, the ones we normally win 5+ nil, to do so.
    I’d be happy to watch 10 players debut against some 200th ranked Asian team in the early stages of qualification.
    The fact we have maybe 4 games left before a World Cup and we are using the Occassion to debut a bunch of youngsters, is frustrating. There’s plenty of players who could have done with some minutes in their legs or the opportunity to build some connections.

Just taking the piss.

maybe it’s all a publicity stunt for subway to have Kuol advertise a 6-inch and Tilio to show off his foot long for their “it’s not what you expect” range.

Kuol signs for Newcastle United effective 2023.

The Joey's beat Chickety China 3-1 today.
    They qualify for the U17 Asian Cup next year.
    https://www.footballaustralia.com.au...win-over-china

Klyden, after inhaling the smoke from a cigarette:- (S02E11)
    "I feel as if I have been standing my entire life, and I just sat down."
    The Orville - returning to SBS. June 3rd, 2022

Banned
    Can anyone explain how this Gypo ****wits in goals keeps getting picked ??

I get the bit he is in tight with Gypo Arnold etc but the guy between dribbling in his own box in a WC and getting robbed of the ball costing us a goal, needlessly kicking it out etc and barely being able to get a club game anywhere in the world I am perplexed on why he gets picked

I can make a stronger case why Dane Ingham should start for the Jets next week than this guy playing for his NT

Banned
    How the **** is there no VAR in this game

It ain't the A League GF either

No way that's a goal at Professional level these days
    Might get away with it in park football but not at elite level these days

FMD

Quite refreshing to have no VAR.

The ref made a human error, we move on...notice the lack of over analysis and nashing of teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Quite refreshing to have no VAR.

The ref made a human error, we move on...notice the lack of over analysis and nashing of teeth.
    I do agree with you, but I also feel if the final result meant anything then there would have been serious blowups..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    I do agree with you, but I also feel if the final result meant anything then there would have been serious blowups..
    TBH, VAR hasn't changed that, just moved the blame elsewhere and prolonged it.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS