Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Socceroos Friendlies

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar

Socceroos Friendlies

to be played in Edinburgh and Beirut respectively

I draw no comparisons between the two cities

Beirut respectively
    Is Beirut safe enough too play football in ??

Banned
    Edinburgh I actually enjoyed when I was there. Thought it was a good joint.

Could have been that I went to a place on the Royal Mile that was set up as a mock Scotch Whiskey Distillery. Got there about 9am one day and went on the tour where they tell you all about the methods used and the history of Scotch etc. At the end of it there is a bottle shop with every bottle of scotch whiskey produced for sale in the last few years. Loaded up the bags after maxing out my duty free allowances!!

They also gave out free samples to try. Wasn't much in the way of RSA or any of that crap involved. The mob putting it on were also quite generous with their samples and let you have as much or try as many as you liked. Left there about 10:30 am absolutely ****ing smashed out of my head and continued sight seeing the rest of the day 11/10 plastered!!!

Happy Day!!

Haven't been to Beirut but I am sure it's reputation is slightly unfounded and you could have a good time there also!!!

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Chris Herd pulls out of the squad yet again for the Scotland game. Anyone a bit dubious on his allegiance to Australia at the moment?

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    been a pretty quiet build up to this game - bugger all on foxtel about it, though admittedly they have been busy what with the Olympics and all

Scott MacDonald will score a screamer, from 30yrds, a Paul Scholes type volley direct froma corner cut back to him outside the box.... bottom of the cross bar, and in.

But will bounce out, and be ruled (incorrectly) to have not crossed the line.

then, two minutes later will slot one past he keeper, only to be ruled (incorrectly) offside.

At a press conference after the game, he announces his retirement with a "**** this shit" and walks out. (correctly)

Scotty don't
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

why the hell is bresciano playing in the middle east when he can hit a ball like that????

also, the ball was out for a goal kick, before the scottish player handled the ball (and he did). personally glad he didn't get sent off (and that australia didn't get a penalty), even if we did score off the incorrectly awarded corner kick.

pretty poor defending from og for the scottish goal. good header though.

Wot a header....

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    Scott MacDonald will score a screamer, from 30yrds, a Paul Scholes type volley direct froma corner cut back to him outside the box.... bottom of the cross bar, and in.

But will bounce out, and be ruled (incorrectly) to have not crossed the line.

then, two minutes later will slot one past he keeper, only to be ruled (incorrectly) offside.

At a press conference after the game, he announces his retirement with a "**** this shit" and walks out. (correctly)
    Scott McDonald was absolute rubbish! Massive hog who was only thinking about breaking his duck. He could have played archie in on goal but instead chose to be selfish.

So my prediction didn't eventuate?

Nope but hopefully the last part may come to fruition.

Well there you go - I had no idea this game was on until I saw the media reports this morning !!!

one almost did. incorrectly judged offside in a goal scoring opportunity. he missed it though.

pretty poor performance i thought this morning. especially in defence. it's ok though, Lucas is aware of the teams deficiencies. pity he and the rest of them don't really seem to know how to fix them.

How Carney continues to be picked baffles me. He isnt a LB's arsehole.
    Valeri was also fairly rubbish, which made our entire midfield performance below par. Constantly turning the ball over, which then leads to Lucas doing his usual trick of avoiding midfield altogether and booting long balls out of defence to short strikers being dominated in the air by burly Scotsmen.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    jedinak is so terrible.

Look at the positives...

McGowan can't play for Scotland now.

Is there anything else?

nobody died.

No bin lids killing little kids?