Page 38 of 49 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Socceroos Friendlies

We look ordinary but i think Dimi had been one of the best. His ability to keep the ball is refreshing for a wide man in the Socceroos
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

That right side at the back and Jedi have been horrendous.

Good debut from Dimi, should get himself some more game time in the remaining friendlies. I think the one problem that plays against him is his lack of that extra bit of pace.

That was honking

Didn’t see it live thank god. Watched a bit of a replay and some lowlights this morning.

I’m a little sad to see we aren’t pressing or defending from the front. Not all the time. But there were periods where 1 or two players pressed and they looked a bit shaky and played back to their keeper. Then we backed off?!? Why?
    Man mark or zonal their fullbacks and midfield and force the keeper to punt up an 50/50 ball.

We can talk about formations and tactics until we are blue in the face but we simply don't have the players required to be competitive at this level. The A-League clubs don't have anywhere near the incentive they did in the past to develop world class players, and the Australian players here have nowhere near the need they did in the past to be world class to make a good living.

No doubt Australian football has improved since the days of the NSL. Unfortunately, other countries have improved at a much faster rate than us and the gap is starting to look insurmountable.

Even Japan with all their investment in and around the game is pretty much no chance of being a genuine contender at a World Cup.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 24-03-2018 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Didn’t see it live thank god. Watched a bit of a replay and some lowlights this morning.

I’m a little sad to see we aren’t pressing or defending from the front. Not all the time. But there were periods where 1 or two players pressed and they looked a bit shaky and played back to their keeper. Then we backed off?!? Why?
    Man mark or zonal their fullbacks and midfield and force the keeper to punt up an 50/50 ball.
    Not hard is it.

We could make it much more harder for any team with better tactics and players knowing their position as a whole.

New coach maybe but have a feeling this bloke will be a chest puffer and cash grabber, bye.

back to basket case, yawn.

Bitches at Channel 7 cant even show a replay. too busy with the Golden Dildo.

Yeh, we may not be full of world class players, but bar maybe 2006, we never really have had many word class players at once.
    I’d rather we lose 4-0 having a go, pressing high, taking chances rather than lose 1-0 sitting back trying to stack players behind the ball and keep possession.

You can earn a lot of respect by using your passion and attitude to make up for technical shortcomings. Look at Irvine. He’s one of my preferred options in our midfield cause he runs all day, gets stuck in and is industrious in his effort. He’s a pretty stereotypical championship player but he sums up the type of team I’d like to see.
    Contrasting to a Rogic who is obviously capable of world class moments and plays in champions league. But he’s not really a consistent player when he pulls on a gold jersey.

Just want us to show some fight. Underdogs and all that. Mighty ducks.
    Ahhh whatever.
    See you in 2026.

that was a pretty honking performance all round. will want to see some pretty significant improvements in the next match. and now i understand the 1 month camp before the world cup!

defence was pathetic.

where did they put the cows while they played an international friendly on their paddock?

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    really hurt to see us playing it back to ryan so often.

having mooy sitting in with jedinak didn't work at all. i'd swap he and irvine, let jackson run box to box and mooy pull the strings and link with nabbout/dimi.

looks like bert is safety first, though. we could get really embarrassed (more embarrassing than being thumped by a poor norway, that is) against colombia if we play like that again.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Colombia beat France 3-2. We're going to concede double figures, aren't we?

Are we better this game ?

Did Dimi start ?

I'm only just started watching at halftime

VukoBeotch bored on debut, so he gave himself something to do.

3min xtra time 2nd half. Take note SFC bum lovin' sh!t ozzie refs....

PS Where the fook did all those Columbian supporters come from in En-ga-lund? (And don't say Columbia...)
    We're there any Aussies there? A long way from Oz v England Feb 2003 at the Cottage.

We were ok but not a lot to show up front, hardly any chances. Colombian striker that came off the bench second half could have had a hatrick. Nabbout fairly anonymous. Luongo looked good, Behich decent going forward. A lot of sloppy passes straight to opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    Are we better this game ?

Did Dimi start ?

I'm only just started watching at halftime
    No Dimi at all. Nabbout started, featured in a few of our chances but looked on a completely different wavelength to the team at other times. Didn't suck like Leckie but didn't shine like Petratos did. Got replaced by Kruse who I don't recall doing a single thing in his entire time on the pitch. Troisi and Ruka also completely non-existent. Leckie was peak Leckie, amazing first touches, no decision making, running into three defenders after beating them all twice 5 seconds earlier. If he had any decision making capability, he could have been one of Australia's best ever.

Overall, we sucked less than against Norway. Luongo was immense, Behich was good on the left, Risdon basically looked like Dani Alves compared to Milligan or Wright the other night. First half Jedinak was a man mountain, second half Jedinak was wayward passes gifting opportunities to Colombia. Chalk and cheese. I think Milligan and Degenek did enough to ensure squad spots but I am pretty sure everyone is hoping and expecting the back pairing to be Sainsbury and Jurman. Wright distant third or fourth choice as a sub, Sunsjar looked more promising against Norway and is a leftie so likely to at least get more chances.

Rogic was wasteful (surprise). Irvine looked better the other night and strangely came on for 90 seconds tonight to waste time. Beard didn't get a look in at all. Cahill might as well not have been on the pitch for all the impact he had. Jones started first half. First goal scoring chance was him flapping at a cross that was then headed wide. Had nothing to do after that at all. Vuka second half was peppered pretty much the entire 45. Made one save that was directly at him but the rest were wide or hit the post. Borjajajaja should have scored four, point blank header, penalty and 3 or 4 post hits to his name. Headline will either be about birthday boy penalty save or Luongel Massi's mazey run that was our best chance on goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    PS Where the fook did all those Columbian supporters come from in En-ga-lund? (And don't say Columbia...)
    We're there any Aussies there? A long way from Oz v England Feb 2003 at the Cottage.
    a week ago we would have had the support , then the cricket cheats ****ed us over so now every pommy fans hate us

[QUOTE=Grimario;204070]No Dimi at all. Nabbout started, featured in a few of our chances but looked on a completely different wavelength to the team at other times. Didn't suck like Leckie but didn't shine like Petratos did. Got replaced by Kruse who I don't recall doing a single thing in his entire time on the pitch. Troisi and Ruka also completely non-existent. Leckie was peak Leckie, amazing first touches, no decision making, running into three defenders after beating them all twice 5 seconds earlier. If he had any decision making capability, he could have been one of Australia's best ever.

when ever has this donkey done good for aussie football.
    disgrace to the number 10 shirt

Headlines "Vukovic the Hero".

He gave the pen away ffs!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Headlines "Vukovic the Hero".

He gave the pen away ffs!
    To be fair it was a shit Degenek touch that basically left him stranded with a "foul the player" or "let him take unopposed shot" as his options.