Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748
Results 941 to 955 of 955

Thread: Socceroos Friendlies

  1. #941
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    We got outplayed by NZ. Mbappe will score 5 goals in the first half against us. Awful U-Shaped Possession. Peru shitting the bed has given him a stay of execution
    To be fair to Gypo Arnold look at the squad he has at his disposal

    Then contrast that to the Squads we took to 2006 2010 2014 and 2018 Word Cup

    It been a steady decline in quality

    The Gypo is going to a WC with basically an A League All-star level squad

    We had superior sides in 94 98 and 02 and didn't even qualify and yet these current ass clowns are gonna put down played at a WC on their CV

    Gypo Arnold is a ****wits but this is a bigger problem that lays squarely at the feet of the FFA and their incompetence at running the A League in the last 15 or so years
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  2. #942
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,620
    Atkinson has come on a bit in recent times imo.
    Less than 10 minutes in and I like what he brings. If he get the stupid yellows out of his game he could be a consistent player for next WC campaign.
    This almost looks like our 2026 WC team.


    I’d be happy never to see Leckie or Duke pull on a Socceroos jersey again.

  3. #943
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    6,184
    Oh God. And tilio is one of our great hopes?

  4. #944
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,080
    One positive out of these matches
    I like our jersey

  5. #945
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,620
    Was it Arnold that was quoted as saying he wasn’t gonna just hand out socceroos jerseys?

  6. #946
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    3,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Was it Arnold that was quoted as saying he wasn’t gonna just hand out socceroos jerseys?
    It's getting sad now, they are using the national team as a marketing tool for the A League instead of actually trying to build a footballing structure and style. Arnold still has no clue how he wants the team to play, he's just giving out starts to keep the media team happy and any questions about how poorly we play out of the spotlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  7. #947
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    3,350
    I'm definitely sick of all these nonces calling for Cummings to go to the world cup, he scored the same amount of goals last year as D'agostino (less goals from open play however) and I don't see too many people calling for him to be on the plane?

    Cummings chose to play for Scotland but wasn't good enough, why are we even considering taking their dreggs when we have a higher FIFA world ranking?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  8. #948
    Senior Member Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I'm definitely sick of all these nonces calling for Cummings to go to the world cup, he scored the same amount of goals last year as D'agostino (less goals from open play however) and I don't see too many people calling for him to be on the plane?

    Cummings chose to play for Scotland but wasn't good enough, why are we even considering taking their dreggs when we have a higher FIFA world ranking?
    FIFA Rankings are not an indication of ability. Belgium is the prime example of that. Scotland would pump the Roos 4-0. Nobody from the Roos team is getting into the Scotland team
    Jaliens gives me the horn

  9. #949
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    3,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    FIFA Rankings are not an indication of ability. Belgium is the prime example of that. Scotland would pump the Roos 4-0. Nobody from the Roos team is getting into the Scotland team
    Yes, I know FIFA rankings are nonsense. It was a joke.

    But Scotland still have Lyndon Sykes or Che Adams as their starting striker. Even they would struggle to score against us. They have 3 decent players and 2 of them are LBs, haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  10. #950
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Merewether
    Posts
    5,404
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I'm definitely sick of all these nonces calling for Cummings to go to the world cup, he scored the same amount of goals last year as D'agostino (less goals from open play however) and I don't see too many people calling for him to be on the plane?

    Cummings chose to play for Scotland but wasn't good enough, why are we even considering taking their dreggs when we have a higher FIFA world ranking?
    So this - been here 5 mins, says he wants to play for Oz as he can see the obvious opportunity to go to a WC. Of course as a Gypo gets a walk up start.

    Can also see Kuol as Arzani 2.0, the hype is getting ahead of itself again.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

  11. #951
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    3,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    So this - been here 5 mins, says he wants to play for Oz as he can see the obvious opportunity to go to a WC. Of course as a Gypo gets a walk up start.

    Can also see Kuol as Arzani 2.0, the hype is getting ahead of itself again.
    Kuol has never started an A League game, unless he is playing 90 mins from the first game this season, there's absolutely no reason to take him other than media nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  12. #952
    Senior Member Buddha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Yes, I know FIFA rankings are nonsense. It was a joke.

    But Scotland still have Lyndon Sykes or Che Adams as their starting striker. Even they would struggle to score against us. They have 3 decent players and 2 of them are LBs, haha.
    Dykes heavily in form for Scotland, and we have been playing well bar the European WC play offs. We would pump Aus, Arnie Ball against us would be playing into our hands. Imagine Dykes bullying Sainsbury and Co.

    There is not a single player in the Aus team who starts over what is available for Scotland except Mat Ryan in goals because our GKs are pretty shite.

    The fact of the matter is that we are taking a journeyman striker who only got his Aus Passport the other day plus a few blokes at Hibs & Hearts who have yet to make a name for themselves (Devlin the exception, imo he is absolute quality who deserves more minutes in Midfield) to the World Cup.
    Jaliens gives me the horn

  13. #953
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    It's getting sad now, they are using the national team as a marketing tool for the A League instead of actually trying to build a footballing structure and style. Arnold still has no clue how he wants the team to play, he's just giving out starts to keep the media team happy and any questions about how poorly we play out of the spotlight.
    I’m all for giving people who deserve an opportunity/reward a chance.
    But the fact that we’ve had 22 players debut in the last 2 years is a bit much. And as you say a lot of it is all just due to media hype and getting those headlines.

    If we are intent on “blooding” a new generation, we should be using those early WCQs, the ones we normally win 5+ nil, to do so.
    I’d be happy to watch 10 players debut against some 200th ranked Asian team in the early stages of qualification.
    The fact we have maybe 4 games left before a World Cup and we are using the Occassion to debut a bunch of youngsters, is frustrating. There’s plenty of players who could have done with some minutes in their legs or the opportunity to build some connections.

    Just taking the piss.

    maybe it’s all a publicity stunt for subway to have Kuol advertise a 6-inch and Tilio to show off his foot long for their “it’s not what you expect” range.

  14. #954
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,620
    Kuol signs for Newcastle United effective 2023.

  15. #955
    Senior Member Retro Jet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,690
    The Joey's beat Chickety China 3-1 today.
    They qualify for the U17 Asian Cup next year.
    https://www.footballaustralia.com.au...win-over-china

    Klyden, after inhaling the smoke from a cigarette:- (S02E11)
    "I feel as if I have been standing my entire life, and I just sat down."
    The Orville - returning to SBS. June 3rd, 2022

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •