Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Socceroos Friendlies

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    The current Socceroos team is completely aids compared to the 2006 squad, so it's most unfair to be giving Hiddink a wrap and trashing Osiek as a Manager. People seem to forget that Hiddink failed to get Russia through qualification for the last world cup .

There is not a manager in the history of the game that could get the current socceroos past the group stage at Brazil 2014 and blaming the current manager doesn't change that.
    I agree that we are long odds to get out of the group in brazil.

What though is the disgrace is that most of these issues and piss poor performances have been around for a while and Holger has done Sweet **** All to deal with them. 6

We don't have young vibrant players because the coach has continued to pick has beens like Schwarzer Cahill and Neill or has picked the likes of Brosque Archie Ogdenovski Holman etc ie Blokes who are never and will never be good enough at this level. These clowns have continued to put in shit performance after shit performance and then keep getting picked.

Young blokes like Jimmy Holland come in and get absolutely panned for a quiet game and are rarely sighted again.

Not to mention half of these blokes are playing at shit levels of football and yet still get picked for the NT. WTF Who in their right mind would be planning on going to Brazil WC and sign to be a second keeper and sit on the bench all season without fear of getting arsed from the final WC Squad???

Who in their right mind would choose to play in the Gulf Leagues and the Chinese Leagues and expect to get picked for their NT when they allegedly could be playing in Europe??

There are many issues with this Socceroos team and many of them are self inflicted by the FFA and also by a coach with no real loyalty to this country.

Shame we refuse to deal with them

Dunno where else to put this but Traore is never going to be eligible for socceroos.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/fo...-1226731828775

good news for the mackays and carneys of this world
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

How is it that Diego Costa can play for the Brazilian senior team twice and also (likely) be eligible for the Spanish national team in the same year? Sheesh.
    I mean I understand the technicalities of the two situations (friendly game, citizenship), but the rules seem to be completely arbitrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Dunno where else to put this but Traore is never going to be eligible for socceroos.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/fo...-1226731828775

I thought this was old news anyways??

I could never understand the gooses calling for his selection when it had already been identified that he would never be eligible.

What is more of a concern is that we as a nation can not find a left back at all.

Maybe the FFA need to say something to the HAL clubs and discourage them signing nobodies such as Fabio/Byun/Ritter etc when we could use the opportunities in the HAL to develop some Aussie left backs

How is it that Diego Costa can play for the Brazilian senior team twice and also (likely) be eligible for the Spanish national team in the same year? Sheesh.
    I mean I understand the technicalities of the two situations (friendly game, citizenship), but the rules seem to be completely arbitrary.
    The official rules state its friendlies so it doesn't count. Traore represented Ivory Coast at youth level in competitive matches

Qatar won the World Cup.
    As if FIFA care about rules.
    If we really want trarore as our LB we just need to hand over the cash.

Like I said, I understand the technicalities, but the point is that the rules have changed so much over the last decade and seem so random to the extent that they've lost meaning.

e.g while Traore's downfall was that he played for the Ivory Coast at youth level in so-called competitive matches, there's no restrictions on youth players switching national teams multiple times. There's one dude who has represented Israel, the US and Portugal at various youth levels without any restrictions.

Justice for Aussie Azza Trazza.
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

e.g while Traore's downfall was that he played for the Ivory Coast at youth level in so-called competitive matches, there's no restrictions on youth players switching national teams multiple times. There's one dude who has represented Israel, the US and Portugal at various youth levels without any restrictions.
    The difference is that they were all eligible for those nations at youth level. Traore was NOT eligible for any other country than Ivory Coast when he played youth so that means he can't ever play for anyone else. If he was eligible for Ivory Coast and Australia back then, a youth game wouldn't have locked him in... but that wasn't the case.

The difference is that they were all eligible for those nations at youth level. Traore was NOT eligible for any other country than Ivory Coast when he played youth so that means he can't ever play for anyone else. If he was eligible for Ivory Coast and Australia back then, a youth game wouldn't have locked him in... but that wasn't the case.
    What you've just explained, to me, seems like a whole lot of bullshit (not having a go at you, but the rule in which you've just explained itself). I thought the rule was you were not locked into any nation until you have made your first international competitive fixture for the team. I didn't think youth mattered (as long as the player in question was eligible to play for nation in question)?

EDIT:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Cahill#Samoa

Change of allegiance
    In February 2002, Cahill's former manager at Millwall F.C. Mick McCarthy, then the manager of the Republic of Ireland national team offered Cahill the opportunity to play at the 2002 FIFA World Cup. Cahill has Irish grandparents and McCarthy had hoped that Cahill would be interested.[38] However Cahill was not eligible as he was cap-tied to Samoa.

FIFA changed its eligibility rules in 2004, allowing players capped at junior levels to switch international allegiance, meaning that Cahill was then able to play England, Ireland, Australia or Samoa. He chose to represent the country of his birth.

Has the rules changed since Tim Cahill?
    Last edited by weston; 05-10-2013 at 09:32 AM.

His Samoan games were schoolboy stuff though. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    His Samoan games were schoolboy stuff though. I think.
    According to that wiki link I posted it was the 1994 U/20 Championship which he debuted off the bench in a 3-0 loss to New Zealand and also played in a 3-0 loss against Vanuatu. He was 14 at the time.

EDIT:

I clicked on cup-tied on that Tim Cahill wiki and it sent me to this

Cap-tied is an adjective, used primarily in association football, to describe a player who has represented a national football team in a competitive game and as a result is unable to represent another FIFA-affiliated national team.

A player is 'cap-tied' once he has played in an official competition for the senior national team.[1]

In some instances, players have sought refuge in another country having represented their national team in an official competition. Players such as Maykel Galindo, Lester Moré and Osvaldo Alonso have represented the Cuba national football team and since defected to the United States but are now unable to represent another nation at football.

A player who competes for one nation in a friendly match is not considered cap-tied and may represent another nation in a competitive fixture, should the opportunity present itself. An example of this is Jermaine Jones, who had played three friendlies for Germany in 2008, but started competing for the US in 2010.
    With Wikipedia being the be all and end all of all argument because of its accuracy of what it says, I still don't understand why Traore is not eligible to play for the socceroo's if he has only played for a different country at youth level.
    Last edited by weston; 05-10-2013 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by weston View Post
    What you've just explained, to me, seems like a whole lot of bullshit (not having a go at you, but the rule in which you've just explained itself). I thought the rule was you were not locked into any nation until you have made your first international competitive fixture for the team. I didn't think youth mattered (as long as the player in question was eligible to play for nation in question)?

EDIT:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Cahill#Samoa

Has the rules changed since Tim Cahill?
    Not that I am aware of. But you missed the point... Cahill was eligible for Australia at the time he chose to play for Samoa. Traore was not eligible for Australia at the time he chose to play for CIV.

Not that I am aware of. But you missed the point... Cahill was eligible for Australia at the time he chose to play for Samoa. Traore was not eligible for Australia at the time he chose to play for CIV.
    No I got that, I just don't understand why whether he was eligible for another country at the time or not is relevant. You may be right as far as I know but I personally don't see why that would change anything.

lol, sorry if I'm not making myself clear. Like I said, I 100% understand the technicality of the ruling. My point is that the rules themselves seem completely arbitrary and pointless. Do you disagree with that?

Quote Originally Posted by weston View Post
    No I got that, I just don't understand why whether he was eligible for another country at the time or not is relevant. You may be right as far as I know but I personally don't see why that would change anything.
    Because that's what the rules are, basically.

Article 5 part 2

'2. With the exception of the conditions specifi ed in article 8 below, any
    Player who has already participated in a match (either in full or in part) in an
    official competition of any category or any type of football for one Association
    may not play an international match for a representative team of another
    Association.

Article 8

1. If a Player has more than one nationality, or if a Player acquires a new
    nationality, or if a Player is eligible to play for several representative teams
    due to nationality, he may, only once, request to change the Association for
    which he is eligible to play international matches to the Association of another
    country of which he holds nationality, subject to the following conditions:

a) He has not played a match (either in full or in part) in an offi cial
    competition at “A” international level for his current Association, and at
    the time of his fi rst full or partial appearance in an international match
    in an offi cial competition for his current Association, he already had the
    nationality of the representative team for which he wishes to play.

Can Kanta play for Macedonia?

Banned
    Wasn't there am issue a few years back where Takka couldn't play for Lebanon NT cause he had played Olyroos???

Attending Aus vs Canada on tuesday
    Amigos Aarau

Yeah 3 nil now against france.... We are rubbish........
    Amigos Aarau