Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Socceroos Friendlies

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    jedinak is so terrible.
    If Captain Obvious was still alive I'm sure he'd be giving you a massive hello right now.
    So very very true, my gosh he is rubbish (Jedinak, not Captain Obvious).
    Cullina on his gammy leg is a billion times better than that clown. Laurie McKennas legacy for Australian football. Cheers for that.

Hey guys, when do we play against Scotland?

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    How Carney continues to be picked baffles me. He isnt a LB's arsehole.
    Valeri was also fairly rubbish, which made our entire midfield performance below par. Constantly turning the ball over, which then leads to Lucas doing his usual trick of avoiding midfield altogether and booting long balls out of defence to short strikers being dominated in the air by burly Scotsmen.
    sums it up perfectly tbh
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Oblivious View Post
    It was on in the early hours of this morning.

Oh and Hi Parksey.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    nobody died.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    No bin lids killing little kids?
    Well this phucker must have killed someone or screwed someone's wife
    (whilst on hols in Uruguay) not to get a look in. FFS, GET HIM IN THE SQUAD!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Porta

Can't be any worse than McDonald Duck

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Oblivious View Post
    A multi of a multi.
    Genius.
    Well played.
    Carry on.

Neill out

cool. pity i'm at work, i might have clicked all of those links if i was at home.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    sorry bel, you'll have to just search google for your cock pills when you get home

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    squad for upcoming games against Lebanon and Jordan:

Mark Bresciano, Alex Brosque, Tim Cahill, David Carney; Jason Davidson, Adam Federici (Gk), James Holland, Brett Holman, Mile Jedinak, Robbie Kruse, Mitchell Langerak (Gk), Ryan McGowan, Matthew McKay, Lucas Neill, Jade North, Sasa Ognenovski, Nikita Rukavytsya, Adam Sarota; Mark Schwarzer (Gk), Matthew Spiranovic, Archie Thompson, Luke Wilkshire

Carney, Thompson and North all picked again. :/ Chris Herd left out despite being fit this time; it looks like I might have been right about him. Also no Rhys Williams wtf.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Williams is injured

fair enough. i feel like he could be the solution to our central defensive issues. play McGowan or Wilkshire at right back, with Neil (i guess) and Williams in the centre. maybe Davidson or Zullo on the left and build from there.

needs more spira in your defensive lineup, parks-&recreation.
    OK

he needs to sort himself out first. in an ideal world he'd be starting alongside williams, though.

griff to take over the armband. actually now that i think of this, how is griff overlooked and thompson picked ffs.

he's got a deal in qatar or uae or some place - he's a shoein for holger's roos.
    OK

Jones called into Socceroos squad
    Goalkeeper Brad Jones has been called up to the Australia squad for the international matches against Lebanon and Jordan after Adam Federici pulled out injured.

It's the first time the Liverpool keeper has been in the Australia team since the death of his son Luca last November after a long battle with leukaemia.
    Jones's last involvement in a Socceroos squad was the 2011 Asian Cup.
    The Socceroos will take on Lebanon in a friendly in Beirut on Friday (AEST) before their World Cup qualifier against Jordan in Amman on Wednesday (AEST).
    The Lebanon match has also been moved to the Saida Municipal Stadium due to a virus in the grass at the original venue, the Sports City Stadium.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/...occeroos-squad

Banned
    Word of advice on watching Socceroos friendlies. After sitting up to all hours of the night or getting up at all hours of the morning to watch Socceroo friendlies in recent years Member has found the best way is to tape the ****er and then watch it when your ready.

The dire displayed is much more palatable at 10am than sitting on your lounge at 4 am thinking why the **** did I get up for this/ why am I not in bed already.

Serious games aren't to far away from joining my friendly method if the uninspiring displays continue

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Word of advice on watching Socceroos friendlies. After sitting up to all hours of the night or getting up at all hours of the morning to watch Socceroo friendlies in recent years Member has found the best way is to tape the ****er and then watch it when your ready.

The dire displayed is much more palatable at 10am than sitting on your lounge at 4 am thinking why the **** did I get up for this/ why am I not in bed already.

Serious games aren't to far away from joining my friendly method if the uninspiring displays continue
    For the first time in a long time Member, I'm dibbing out of this one 'live' too.
    Performance is part of the reason, yes, but kid factor i.e. up at 6 O'Clock now wih the light?
    I'll be catchin' Zed's instead. ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Retro will be up with bells (and scarf) on for the real deal next week.

I'm a bit disappointed Holger isn't letting Schwarzer play his 100th game on Aussie soil.

By all means play him in the WCQ, but he could have given Jones, Federici, Langerak and Ryan game time instead of Schwarzer against Scotland and against Lebanon.

Mind you knowing Holger, he'll send out 40 year olds to play in 40 degree heat and blame that when we play like shit, instead of having younger, fitter players in the more tiring conditions.

jimmy holland on the field!

**** me, holgers playing some yoof this morning! wonders will never cease.