Page 26 of 49 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Socceroos Friendlies

Also the Young Socceroos miss out on the U19 World Cup after drawing with Uzbhekistan

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I blame MFAW for everything that goes wrong with the Socceroos tbh. Particularly when his boy AW keeps getting picked.
    Fully agree the Gypo is a waste of ****ing space. Cost us the goal by being 5yards behind his fellow teammates keeping the goal scorer on side.

Thoughts were the sloppiness of passing is ****ing disgraceful.These ****s were missing passes they should make every ****ing day.

The central midfield is an issue. Complete lack of creativity and Bresciano is past it and we need to move on.

Tommy Oars crossing is a ****ing dis grace and for a bloke with as many caps as he has he should be doing much better. maybe a time to be dropped is in order.

As for the blokes who were fapping off at Troisi as I said complete hack so come at me

Topor has had a good run at HAL level but proved he ain't this standard

Our finishing was shit We could have had 4 or so goals. Timmy Troisi Kruse Smith should have buried their chances.

Gonna be a long year or two with a few more results like this until we are looking like hitting any convincing form.
    Hopefully the dumb ****s who think we can win the Asian Cup in 3 months time will shut up now.

If Ange can get us to Russia the job has been done well

The golden years are over again, be patient 32 more years until the next generation comes through.... <---we are donkeys

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    The golden years are over again, be patient 32 more years until the next generation comes through.... <---we are donkeys
    Like **** it will be. I still expect us to qualify in 2018.

We are and always have been a pretty handy side at home. We only need to keep that and we are into a 2 legged play off at the minimum. We jag a win and a draw on the road and we qualify automatically anyway.

To claim the sky is falling is a bit premature. Have a look at the side played and have a look at the total number of caps we had. **** all 5 players in the starting line up under 10 caps. 3 under 30 caps.

Given 2 years time the side is that bit more experienced and I fully expect Postecoglou to play as many ****ing games as he can in the next 2-3 years unlike his predecessors who chose not to and our side is looking a bit healthier. Add in we are sending more and more players to Europe again each year and the crisis is not eventuating like people think it is.

Yes we will have some short term pain in the next 12-18 months but we are doing what we have to do and will come out of it stronger for it. Russia 2018 we will qualify

I for one just enjoy having more then 1 game every 6 months to watch our national team play.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Like **** it will be. I still expect us to qualify in 2018.

We are and always have been a pretty handy side at home. We only need to keep that and we are into a 2 legged play off at the minimum. We jag a win and a draw on the road and we qualify automatically anyway.

To claim the sky is falling is a bit premature. Have a look at the side played and have a look at the total number of caps we had. **** all 5 players in the starting line up under 10 caps. 3 under 30 caps.

Given 2 years time the side is that bit more experienced and I fully expect Postecoglou to play as many ****ing games as he can in the next 2-3 years unlike his predecessors who chose not to and our side is looking a bit healthier. Add in we are sending more and more players to Europe again each year and the crisis is not eventuating like people think it is.

Yes we will have some short term pain in the next 12-18 months but we are doing what we have to do and will come out of it stronger for it. Russia 2018 we will qualify
    I agree with ya MFKS,

i was just a dummy spit about the shit performance we put in the other night... it was more a sarcastic dig at the team.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    I think we will be good value at the cup if ange just settles on our best team asap. Our best eleven should be hard to beat, especially at home, if he gets us playing some nice, attacking football.

We've got problems at either end, which is largely down to a lack of continuity.

Wilkinson shouldn't be anywhere near the starting team and I honestly can't fathom how ange can't see this. Hopefully Williams will be fit to line up with Spira at the centre of defence.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    I think we will be good value at the cup if ange just settles on our best team asap. Our best eleven should be hard to beat, especially at home, if he gets us playing some nice, attacking football.

We've got problems at either end, which is largely down to a lack of continuity.

Wilkinson shouldn't be anywhere near the starting team and I honestly can't fathom how ange can't see this. Hopefully Williams will be fit to line up with Spira at the centre of defence.
    After the fk ups that Gypo caused us in Brazil - and now the latest offside gaffe, the streak of pelican shit has to go....

We have one game left before the AC and I doubt now that the team that plays that will be exactly the same as for the first cup match.

So we won't have a settled team.

Quote Originally Posted by Footyhead View Post
    Also the Young Socceroos miss out on the U19 World Cup after drawing with Uzbhekistan
    saw that. same old story, juniors still outclassed in all areas of management, coaching, training and thought. thanks ffa

pity posta cant coach the young or old national side for sh*t. We still need a super coach to get us above our football managerial woes.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    pity posta cant coach the young or old national side for sh*t. We still need a super coach to get us above our football managerial woes.
    It has nothing to do with the Manager at all.

You can't polish a turd etc

FFS Mourinhio Lippi Capello whoever you want would still get shit results with our side

Postecoglou is limited by the materials at his disposal.

We are paying the price for our lack of work developing the yoof/kids 8-10 years ago coupled with the way the NT has been run in the last 6 years with a complete lack of interest in regenerating the side thanks to Pim and Holger

Ange is at least doing what needs to be done even if his hands are tied by necessity

Viva La Ange

The problem is that there is less incentive now than there was in the past for our younger players to become world class.
    Twenty years ago you either set your sights on Europe or you worked a regular job and played football part time.
    Today, players can make a comfortable living without ever approaching the level required to get a start in the big leagues of Europe.

I'm a big fan of the A-league but at the international level I also think it has become detrimental to our progress on the world stage.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    The problem is that there is less incentive now than there was in the past for our younger players to become world class.
    Twenty years ago you either set your sights on Europe or you worked a regular job and played football part time.
    Today, players can make a comfortable living without ever approaching the level required to get a start in the big leagues of Europe.

I'm a big fan of the A-league but at the international level I also think it has become detrimental to our progress on the world stage.
    Interesting point about the comfort levels of the HAL and the ridiculously high wages they earn for output

Blokes though do have some high desire to **** off overseas though at the first available opportunity so it ain't like the better ones see the HAL as a cash cow

Could even argue the case that having nine teams in the top flight(Nix are NZ) limits the opportunities particularly for the younger players that use to be the case in the NSL when they had 14-16 teams etc

It has nothing to do with the Manager at all.

You can't polish a turd etc

FFS Mourinhio Lippi Capello whoever you want would still get shit results with our side

Postecoglou is limited by the materials at his disposal.

We are paying the price for our lack of work developing the yoof/kids 8-10 years ago coupled with the way the NT has been run in the last 6 years with a complete lack of interest in regenerating the side thanks to Pim and Holger

Ange is at least doing what needs to be done even if his hands are tied by necessity
    Not often we agree, but this is correct. We simply weren't producing the quality from the grassroots for the current crop of players. I think that we are now with the National Cirriculum, but we are suffering now from the lack of direction a decade ago. As is evidenced by the u17's crashing out of the WC.
    It's going to take another two world cup qualification cycles at least until the current crop is phased out and newer better players come through.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Banned
    Apparently rumour mentioned the other night before one of the HAL games was that March we were a big show of getting the Germans in a friendly in Germany

Socceroos squad: Antonis, Behich, Bresciano, Brillante, Cahill, Davidson, Franjic, Herd, Holland, Jedinak, Kruse, Langerak, Leckie, Luongo, McKay, Milligan, Nichols, Mooy, Ryan, Sainsbury, Topor-Stanley, Troisi, Wilkinson

how many centre mids does ange want

Banned
    Apparently rumour mentioned the other night before one of the HAL games was that March we were a big show of getting the Germans in a friendly in Germany
    25th march in Kaiserslautern and it looks a goer.

Apparently let slip by a German official to the media who then apoligised as it has not been officially announced yet